PDA

View Full Version : ATV Clubs around Kelowna?

Junorr500
12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I need to join a club in the Kelowna area so i have some liability insurance. Apperently the CO officers will be stepping up enforcement on this issue. Whats the best local club to join that offers liabilty as a part of membership or should i just go to a insurance company and do it myself?

sparkymacker
12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Well you get it with BCWF...but there is always discussion if it is adequate or not. Once the new regs come in you will be registering, buying insurance, wearing a helmet and God knows what else.

pete_k
12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
You only save $25 bucks or so by joining a club.
I checked out one club and the last website update was 2 years ago.

Check with Cooperators and Capri Ins.

GoatGuy
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Well you get it with BCWF...but there is always discussion if it is adequate or not. Once the new regs come in you will be registering, buying insurance, wearing a helmet and God knows what else.

Can only use quads one 2 hours before sunrise and 2 hours after sunset so that the game isn't disturbed when I'm walking down roads looking for bambi.

redcomet
12-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Go to your local insurance company and get a quote. By now most of them know the minimum requirements needed for riding on FSR roads, just need valid driver's license, insurance and helmet, so far!

It was cheaper than BCWF provider by about $50, as it is MINIMUM requirement of $200,000, not $2,000,000 as 'recommended'. Cheaper than both Capri and Oasis!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=25664&page=17

gutpile
12-12-2009, 03:13 AM
it's cheaper to go with out insurance and if you get caught with out insurance the co gives you a fine it will be around 3 hundred bucks thats how much it costs to buy insurance.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-12-2009, 06:24 AM
it's cheaper to go with out insurance and if you get caught with out insurance the co gives you a fine it will be around 3 hundred bucks thats how much it costs to buy insurance.

Insurance for theft and damage is a whole lot more expensive than just liability insurance.

SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
12-12-2009, 06:35 AM
I need to join a club in the Kelowna area so i have some liability insurance. Apperently the CO officers will be stepping up enforcement on this issue. Whats the best local club to join that offers liabilty as a part of membership or should i just go to a insurance company and do it myself?

If you're concerned about cost you could join the PSA since their dues are much cheaper($35-40) than the Kelowna F&G club. Kelowna has more to offer but their dues are quite a bit higher(~$100). Both include BCWF liability insurance where you are covered during any fishing or hunting activity.

If you opt for private liability insurance, your ATV will be covered at all times(not just when you are engaged in an hunting/fishing activity) and for all "legal" riders. If you "joy-ride" this would be your best option. I think someone just told me they pay ~$130/yr for this insurance.

It will be interesting to see how the new rules coming in Jan will affect our needs as ATV owner/operators.

SSS

zigman
12-12-2009, 09:39 AM
check out quads.ca and search the site.
you are best off getting a policy through capri. even at $125 for the year i think it's worth it. why risk the big fines.

Ruger4
12-12-2009, 10:12 AM
read the fine print , most club offerings are not adequite insurance policies...did you read the fine print that was offered with your club membership ? exactly.....they just said yup , your covered

300H&H
12-12-2009, 11:15 PM

I talked with Ed Sietz this fall. I asked about liability ins. Told him I was a member of BCWF and they provide lia. ins. with the membership. I then told him the person who did my ATV ins this year asked about my lia. ins. I told him it was provided thru BCWF. He told me that was not good enough. When I told this to Ed (cons. officer) he said that BCWF lia. ins. is fine AS LONG AS you are going to or coming form "hunting or fishing".

SPEYMAN
12-18-2009, 06:34 PM
No ATV Clubs can offer Liability Insurance with membership as they are not licensed to do so.But you can join an ATV Club and ATV/BC and obtain Liability Insurance at a discount.Information on ATV/BC and a club in your area is available on the ATV/BC web site.With an ATV/BC and Club membership you can obtain $200,000.00 coverage for $75.00.But as in all matters,compare policies and see which suits your needs.