PDA

View Full Version : Region 2: Last weekend. Who's out?

seanps
12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm 99% sure I read the regs correctly, so I'm heading out near Squamish for a last chance at a deer or some grouse. Or a rabbit.

Given the luck I've had lately, I'd be happy to find anything!

Kudu
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm 99% sure I read the regs correctly, so I'm heading out near Squamish for a last chance at a deer or some grouse. Or a rabbit.

Given the luck I've had lately, I'd be happy to find anything!

I'll be out again in the morning and Sunday as well if need be, got sucked into soft snow last Sunday with a seven hour "dig out" - not going to happen again this weekend (I hope)

lip_ripper00
12-11-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll be out again in the morning and Sunday as well if need be, got sucked into soft snow last Sunday with a seven hour "dig out" - not going to happen again this weekend (I hope)

What are you doing Tuesday?:mrgreen:

MikeH
12-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Im going out sun,mon,tues.:-D

Kudu
12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
What are you doing Tuesday?:mrgreen:

Nothing organised yet - have you got an Idea or two?

Bu5hwacker
12-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Me and my son will be heading out Sunday. He's 15 and it's his first year hunting on his own. I was hoping he would get his first deer, but no luck so far. I got one 4 weeks ago so I'll be acting as a guide. Anyone willing to point us in the right area that might give us a chance around the Fraser Valley? PM me with suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

squamishmiles
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
will be out sunday, depending where the snow is will determine where i'll be. no 4x4 so get out and hike

scott
12-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm heading up to squamish main or Ashlu on sunday. never hunted up that way. only driven up the squamish main once before and didn't get off it. So at this point don't really know where I'm going. if someone wants to give some pointers let me know. I guess I just park on one of the side roads and hike into the bush a bit.

me and the person I'm going with have never shot anything. so might be interesting. our goal is to find some grouse, but I do have a mule tag as well.

TyTy
12-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I believe the Ashlu may be closed cause of a power project up there. Harrison East is usually pretty busy on the last weekend; Harrison west has hard ground and unfavourable aspect. I'd try around hope, pemberton or up the fraser valley. Not much for deer around whistler, and squamish has some pretty thick bush.

scott
12-13-2009, 08:06 PM
spent the day up squamish valley. saw nothing.