PDA

View Full Version : Headed for pemberton

martyonthewater
12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey guys/gals, just got a call to head to whistler tomorrow for some quick work over the weekend, thought I might take my rifle as I will have plenty of morning opportunity to hunt. I guess most of my focus will be the area south of whistler but looking at the regs for the area is a little dizzying, civil defense areas, no shooting areas etc... I haven't hunted the area before so any local advice on whereabouts to head would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Marty

hillclimber
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
my neighbour used to hunt blacktails up the lilloette river. he would always hike back a ways though. he had shot a few there. thats all i can contribute. good luck!

lip_ripper00
12-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Stop by and pick up a set of chains to take with you, just in case....

martyonthewater
12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Stop by and pick up a set of chains to take with you, just in case....
thanks Ripper, your a salt of the earth guy.

Gateholio
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Better check the regs for what MU's are open to hunt. Pemberton has been closed for 10 days.

Fisher-Dude
12-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Beware of samsquanches in pink tutus.

martyonthewater
12-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Better check the regs for what MU's are open to hunt. Pemberton has been closed for 10 days.
actually staying in pemberton and working down at the heliport by green, was thinking of down brandywine area but as I said, I'm not familiar with the region

cainer
12-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I hate to say it, but I know other regions better than my own. I have been up the squamish valley road a ways, and then a left on to the elaho fsr. Saw some sign up the southern facing slopes late in the season. might be a bit farther than you want to go.
always wanted to check out croyden fsr as well half way between whistler and squampton. I think it's called croyden??

Deadshot
12-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Attn:Gatehouse & Friends
It's started.
The floodgates have opened.
Next year a hunter behind every tree.:shock:
I'll be in Clearwater.:wink:

ryanb
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
There are deer in 2-6 and 2-7 but watch out for the extensive no shooting areas listed in the hunting regs. The civil defense area is fine to hunt in.