PDA

View Full Version : Buddy just shot a 4x4 Mulie DOE

ufishifish2
12-10-2009, 12:25 AM
I just got in from fire practice, and had to tell you guys about this one. I showed up to the firehall tonight for practice and one of the guys asked me if I had heard about the doe he shot yet?? I looked at him thinking "Doe, there's no doe season around here. What the hell??" Anyways, he takes me out to his truck, and sure enough, in the back is a nice 4x4 mule deer that he shot yesterday. Upon closer inspection it has no nuts or pisser, but it does have a vagina and and some nice teets on it.:) I am not lying, I swear to it, for I saw it with my own eyes! I know you'll all want pics but he won't let me post any yet. He's hoping to get one of the magazines to come up and take pics, he's hoping to make some money from this. Said maybe he'll let me post pics in a week. Same guy shot a 4x4 last year that had a mule deer body, coloring, etc with white-tail antlers. Gotta be something wierd in the water around here!!!
Pics added Friday Night. Enjoy!!
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/ufishifish2/Troysdoe09016.jpg

I know that the pics suck. This still could arguably be a buck due to the angle of the pic. It's the only pic my buddy sent me. Trust me, it's a doe.
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/ufishifish2/Troysdoe09002.jpg

danfloris
12-10-2009, 12:32 AM
There is a section in the BC book for does with Antlers.

3kills
12-10-2009, 12:35 AM
it does happen some time

Gateholio
12-10-2009, 01:12 AM
He won't make any money. Some does have antlers. It's weird, but it's not new.

KB90
12-10-2009, 01:38 AM

x2

My thoughts exactly. Do a search in google and you get tons of hits. In texas they get report of about 3 every season.

Although it would be something cool to say you have shot :-D

flyhigh_206
12-10-2009, 01:46 AM
it happens and more often then not and usaully they have a decent rack due to the large amount of testosterone in their systems

zigman
12-10-2009, 07:09 AM
I got one a couple of years ago...

the deer version of the gals on american gladiator:)

bowhunterbruce
12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
a cpl years ago the wife and i wittnessed 2 fawns trying to nurse from thier mother and she had a rack on her head as well,although it is rare ,it does certianally happen.
bruce

Dragginbait
12-10-2009, 07:19 AM
a cpl years ago the wife and i wittnessed 2 fawns trying to nurse from thier mother and she had a rack on her head as well,although it is rare ,it does certianally happen.
bruce

That would be the redneck deer version of curlers.:mrgreen:

dave_fras
12-10-2009, 07:21 AM
i shot a 4x5 whitey up bug creek in the kelowna area... this was goin back like 8 years tho

scallywag
12-10-2009, 07:46 AM
now if you were in the bush and saw this doe mounted by a buck which would ya shoot the pitcher or catcher

NitwiT
12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
most areas have a 2 bag limit, so both?

luckynuts
12-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Yep it's pretty common. I shot a 2 point doe in region 5 2006. Antlers were in full velvet.

L

bighornbob
12-10-2009, 09:19 AM
A buddy and myself got one last year up in Fort St. John area.

BHB

ufishifish2
12-10-2009, 10:02 AM
When I made this post I really thought more of you would be surprised, guess I am still too new around here. You guys have seen it all.

Dirty
12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
now if you were in the bush and saw this doe mounted by a buck which would ya shoot the pitcher or catcher

the catcher....using the kechika proof of sex method will be less awkward that way.

RustyRipper
12-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Yep it's pretty common. I shot a 2 point doe in region 5 2006. Antlers were in full velvet.

L

I read somewhere that if you see a deer with antlers still in velvet but its in the fall then chances are it's a doe, apparantly they dont shed their velvet when bucks do. Still haven't seen one yet, but there was one shot on the island last year. I guess they're kinda like deer transvestites.

LYKTOHUNT
12-10-2009, 11:33 AM
When I made this post I really thought more of you would be surprised, guess I am still too new around here. You guys have seen it all.
Almost everyone of us on here is a know it all,seen it all ,done it all. :wink:

luckynuts
12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Rusty said: "I read somewhere that if you see a deer with antlers still in velvet but its in the fall then chances are it's a doe, apparantly they dont shed their velvet when bucks do. Still haven't seen one yet, but there was one shot on the island last year. I guess they're kinda like deer transvestites."

Yeah you are right but it's pretty hard to tell begining of Sept. In Deer camp we had my 2 point in velvet, a spike in hard bone and a 3x3 in velvet? If I was back home hunting in November then yeah I wouldn't shoot if I seen one in velvet.:-D

Ddog
12-10-2009, 11:51 AM
I have seen a few killed and in the record book there is quite a few pictures with does with antlers, i dont think a magazine is going to pay for a picture of one seeing as they have them for free, but ya never know.
like some have said its not that rare.

bforce750
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
My brother in-law shot a white spike buck we thaught,when we went to retrieve it we noticed it had tits,we called it a spike b!#$c.He's a new hunter and we told him he had to go get a special hermaphrodite tag :biggrin:

mntbowhunter
12-10-2009, 02:05 PM
My first archery deer was a mule deer doe with antlers. It had a funny set of antlers with two main beams on each side. I got it in ft St John.

I did some reading when it happened and apparently 1 in 60,000 does will grow antlers so its not that common.

wolverine
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM

Seems to happen lots in the human species too. Lots of that around Davie St.:mrgreen:

wolverine
12-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I just got in from fire practice, and had to tell you guys about this one. I showed up to the firehall tonight for practice and one of the guys asked me if I had heard about the doe he shot yet?? I looked at him thinking "Doe, there's no doe season around here. What the hell??" Anyways, he takes me out to his truck, and sure enough, in the back is a nice 4x4 mule deer that he shot yesterday. Upon closer inspection it has no nuts or pisser, but it does have a vagina and and some nice teets on it.:) I am not lying, I swear to it, for I saw it with my own eyes! I know you'll all want pics but he won't let me post any yet. He's hoping to get one of the magazines to come up and take pics, he's hoping to make some money from this. Said maybe he'll let me post pics in a week. Same guy shot a 4x4 last year that had a mule deer body, coloring, etc with white-tail antlers. Gotta be something wierd in the water around here!!!

I'd think twice about eating that. If around new years you start getting bitchy and crying for no reason and are thinking about wearing a skirt to fire practice with the rest of your turn out gear give the rest of it to the neighbours dog! :mrgreen:

Prowler
12-10-2009, 02:53 PM
This is the precises reason your license says "Antlered" or "Antlerless":-D
I killed a 170" mule deer in Co****do a few years ago that was still in velvet in November. Turned out it had lost its jewels in a fight...

3kills
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I read somewhere that if you see a deer with antlers still in velvet but its in the fall then chances are it's a doe, apparantly they dont shed their velvet when bucks do. Still haven't seen one yet, but there was one shot on the island last year. I guess they're kinda like deer transvestites.

i shot a buck last year in october and when i walked up it i seen it was in velvet still so the first thing i did was check for its hang down..it had all the stuff it needed, i thought it was a doe cuz of the velvet but it wasnt...

Billyisgr8
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't think there will be any money to be made. Here is something on the web.

http://www.buckmanager.com/2008/12/11/kansas-hunter-bags-an-antlered-27-point-doe/

luckynuts
12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
This is the precises reason your license says "Antlered" or "Antlerless":-D
I killed a 170" mule deer in Co****do a few years ago that was still in velvet in November. Turned out it had lost its jewels in a fight...

Hey Prowler don't they call that a cactus buck? And I'm pretty sure it is not eligible for B&C? Same goes for all north american ungulates?
maybe in the off seson we will have to do some slicing and dicing and grow a few bigins:mrgreen: :wink:

husky30-06
12-10-2009, 09:09 PM
saw a spike this fall around here that was still in velvet..... I will takea closer look next time. I thought that its co****tion was wierd, could have been...:confused:

Theo722
12-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Haven 't seen much, don't know alot, only done a couple of things.

leadpillproductions
12-10-2009, 09:53 PM
hey if there was a two deer season there 1 buck and 1 doe could tag it as doe and keep hunting for the buck lol

krazy
12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Saw a picture of it today .... looks like about a 130 - 140ish buck. What i found interesting was that his/her face looks just like your typical buck with a white muzzle & looks like swollen neck just like normal bucks this time of year.

BlacktailStalker
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
So now that hes accepted he isnt going to make a dime off this will he allow you to post pics ?

winbuckhunter
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
hey if there was a two deer season there 1 buck and 1 doe could tag it as doe and keep hunting for the buck lol

tag says antlered or antlerless... not buck or doe!!

ufishifish2
12-11-2009, 12:11 AM
So now that hes accepted he isnt going to make a dime off this will he allow you to post pics ?

I don't know that he's accepted that yet, although I have. Haven't talked with him today. I'll try tomorrow.

ufishifish2
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Okay, just added a couple pics. They aren't that good, but that's all he sent me. Enjoy.

BigBanger
05-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Thats crazy.

uraarchr
05-27-2010, 06:38 PM
not a she :not a him, i think its a shim.buddy said theres one working at the airport he worked at!

dmace
05-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Wish my wife was that horny

betteroffishing
05-27-2010, 11:38 PM
weve all seen chicks with beards , same type thing.