PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Lab puppy

Tenacious Billy
12-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Any suggestions for breeders of chocolate lab pups?

Iron Glove
12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
There si a breeder just East of Princeton - White I believe is the name. Daughter has a choco from them and it's been a super dog. We've run into quite a few from them and they all seem pretty nice.
Do a search for Kennels and you should be able to find them.

labguy
12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Try Big Valley Labradors in Salmon Arm BC..........they have a website. ..................although I have to wonder why color would be the primary reason for chosing a Labrador Retreiver.

I would put ability, intelligence, trainability, athleticism, birdiness, parental accomplishments and almost any other characteristic above a particular color as a reason to choose a dog......but, to each his own.

Tenacious Billy
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Try Big Valley Labradors in Salmon Arm BC..........they have a website. ..................although I have to wonder why color would be the primary reason for chosing a Labrador Retreiver.

I would put ability, intelligence, trainability, athleticism, birdiness, parental accomplishments and almost any other characteristic above a particular color as a reason to choose a dog......but, to each his own.

Maybe you'd like to take up that discussion with my wife - she's always wanted a brown one!! Of course those other attributes are important - to varying degrees. The dog's largest role will be as a family member and a buddy when I'm in the bush. Thanks for the input though.

Ovis17
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Run a google search for Fairlawn Labradors. Got my pup off them a few years back. Real nice hunting stock. They used to have a kennel in Delta but they are up in Kamloops now. (Donna Savage). Lots of hunting and search/rescue dogs from their dogs.

bearhunter338-06
12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Linda Cline

www.somedayretreivers.com (http://www.somedayretreiver.com) I believe

Dutch
12-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Cannot help with where but will say after having numerous labs over the last 36 years that my chocolate has had the least amount of skin problems loses the least amount of hair when he sheds, and has been the most docile and well behaved of the bunch.I realise the latter are due to breeding but the shedding is noticeable, my .02 :wink::wink:

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
ace Labradors in Hines creek altb have chocolate,yellows,and blacks they have a good web page.

tomahawk
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Any suggestions for breeders of chocolate lab pups?

IMHO You need to know what the pup is destined for before choosing a breeder, do you want a bird dog? trials dog? childs pet? show dog? etc as all good breeders raise their pups for specific purposes for the pup!

mfarrally
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I got a chocolate out of big valley kennels and he was awesome! check out my picture gallery if you want to see pictures

12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.whiterobin-kennels.com/

these guys were on my dads hit list. we went to have a look at their opperation and it looked well set up. The dogs came from good lines, a little pricy though IMO
dad woulda got one but he is a lab raceist

Jimsue
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Hopefully we will have choclates in about 2 months, we are taking her to the states this weekend for breeding, hips ,elbows and eyes tested, and clean. She has two legs of her junior hunter completed and has her Working Certificate Intermediate as well.

Regards Jim

12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
jimsue
do you guys have a web page?

Tenacious Billy
12-10-2009, 11:10 AM
IMHO You need to know what the pup is destined for before choosing a breeder, do you want a bird dog? trials dog? childs pet? show dog? etc as all good breeders raise their pups for specific purposes for the pup!

See above.

Jimsue
12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
No we don't have a web site. I only have 2 females and I won't be breeding the yellow one again. If we get Hana bred this will be her first litter.

Jim

Marley420
12-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Are you looking for a Chocolate pup? Or are you looking to breed your dog? I have 6 male Chocolate males left from a litter of 11. Born Nov.11. They are from champion lines. Google Pachanga Magnum Force. He is the Granddog of my pups. I have papers. Check out my post.

Trevor
604-468-1806

kinderdoggin
12-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Visit our website www.eromit.com (http://www.eromit.com) - chocks planned for summer from SHR Brandy JH WC and Bueller MH . Great field pedigrees, ALL health clearances and nice temperaments. Really excited about this litter!