tomahawk
12-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice buck, what's the story?

Shermdog
12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Beauty....but we need the story!!

husky30-06
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
The story: It was a dark and stormy night....... OOPS sorry wrong story..:mrgreen::mrgreen:
I left camp by myself (cuz everyone else wanted to eat breakfast) and headed to a clearing that i have driven by several times just glassed it but never walked it. I descided that I would walk it and get some exersice so off I went...... I started my walk with my trusted but impatient partner (my dog) glassing several times as the cut block was kms long and wide. I headed over several ridges glassing each time and seeing nothing. UNTILL... I caught a movement about 300yrds ahead of me. I glassed and spotted a pair of deer (doe and fawn).... then another pair (doe and fawn).... they were down to my right and not aware of me at all. The cutblock headed to my left a km or two further and off I went. I kept an eye on the two pairs jsut incase there were more. I crept up onto another ridge and glassed the far end of the block....... good thing I crept... 500 or so yrds I see a deer, and tow more then a few more, I counted 15 deer. I begin the task of identifing each one.... a doe...a doe...a fawn...another doe and fawn..... OH MAN A BUCK... a two point. as I continue to look at each one I find three bucks, a spike, two twos, and a nice sized three point. not to bad but I like to hold out for the big guys...... out of nowhere a big boddied deer appears..... I glass it and man is he big, at least a four but not sure. Having thde dog with me is great but she is very noisy and impatient..... so i descide to take her back to the truck and do the stak alone..... back i go. I finally reach the truck and have made a plan to get back to the deer with out being noticed...... SON OF A BEACH!!!!!!!!:evil: my truck will not open up with the button and the alarm is set...... i fight with it and still nothing!!!!!! so out comes the leatherman and take the dam thing apart and see what is the issue...... out falls a 3/8" x 1/8" componant from the curcuit board...:eek: now what????????? I can not call anyone nor am I expected back for a while...... I take the piece and try to conect it to the saulder, BEEP BEEP...finally i get it open(only twenty minutes later) no matter I put the dog in the truck and head back for the cut block. I finally get back to the ridge where I spotted the deer from and glass the area. NO DEER:cry::cry: OH wait..... there is one... the three pointer and he is heading away from me at about 500yrds I figure that I will try to get as close to him as possible and start my trek..... just as i get about 50 yrds there is movement a little closer then the three pointer... i glass and there he is... the big guy!!!!!!!:) I watch and see how i will get to him as the shot would still be well over three hundred. I move from alder bush to alder bush towards him, also watching the three pointer that he does not scare. I finally get to about 300 and I have no more cover.... now what to do???? I set up my bipod in the prone and set the cross hairs...... not sure yet. I move very slowly on my knees closer... glassing the big guy and the three pointer.... no one sees me!!!!! he is walking across my view broad side...FOUR POINTS...and he has a very tall chest, I set up agian for a shot and descide to take it.... KABOOM!!!!!! I cycle a round into the chamber again and look... he is still standing:shock: but not running!!!!! just walking, I set up agian and KABOOM!!!!!! SON OF....:evil: still standing but not moving:confused: cannot figure it out.... so i get up and start to him. if it comes to it I will do a running shot if he bolts for the tree line.... he is very slowly walking to the trees. I close the distance quickly, i have the gun to my shoulder and approuch like an ERT member would and i get to 25yrds and down he goes.... I head up and his breathing is laboured and KABOOM one to the head and finally he is down. i look arond and there was the three pointer standing at 100yrds looking at me and slowly walks away..... four by three!!!!!! now the work.... 2.5km to the truck:icon_frow:icon_frow gonna be a heck of a drag.....

todbartell
12-07-2009, 08:40 PM
where did the first two shots go?

nice buck!

husky30-06
12-07-2009, 08:45 PM

nice buck!
one went high and caught the top front of the stomach and the other one was lower forward and through the lungs out in front of the front quarter!!!!!

d6dan
12-07-2009, 08:49 PM

nice buck!
x2 congrats:-D. I'm glad its you doing that packing!.

Just saw a pic of your dog..Cute little guy. I could see him having a tough time in the slash..

BimmerBob
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Nice buck! Congrats and thanks for the story and pics.

showtimebc
12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
nice buck! judging by the pic it looks like you mighta got this guy in october? just my guess.

Islandeer
12-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Beauty! Looks like good blue grouse country too.

leadpillproductions
12-07-2009, 10:25 PM
nice buck congrads

hunter1947
12-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Thats one dandy buck you got there 30-06 http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif,this one will top off your freezer for this year ,your story is as good as they get ,thanks for posting all ,congrats to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

bunkhouse
12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
beauty buck nice job good story too got my heart beating just reading it..................................looks like the area i shot my doe this year congrats again.

Jelvis
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Another Kamloop$ hunter scores big time in the Loop$, a local at that whoa gooood ooonnne 06er.
Kamloop$ hunter gets a humdinger, way to go with the hat rack to go.
JelKam

Jelvis
12-17-2009, 07:56 PM
C'mon folks, put your hands in the air, like you don't care, and clap for the Kamloop$ hunter that took a great buck this season, it was not an easy season for many so ott six here got a beauty.
Jel -- congratz on a beauty mule deer buck this season hunter --

dave_fras
12-17-2009, 08:16 PM
hey congrats man!... i had something like that happen with my truck this year!.... i ended up stepping on my keys after i locked my door...so i tried to break in... which was easy... just climbed in the back window...but once i opened the door from the inside.. the alarm went off haha... the only way i could stop it was disconnecting my battery..

husky30-06
12-17-2009, 08:18 PM
hey congrats man!... i had something like that happen with my truck this year!.... i ended up stepping on my keys after i locked my door...so i tried to break in... which was easy... just climbed in the back window...but once i opened the door from the inside.. the alarm went off haha... the only way i could stop it was disconnecting my battery..

Good thing I have a buddy that does that for a living..... my remote is fixed now!!!!:)

Will
12-18-2009, 08:57 PM
So there are Bucks around the loops afterall........:-|

Congrats ! :-D

Jelvis
12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm proud of all you Kamloop$ hunters from east west north and south of the windy city. You have been successful where others didn't quite get too Eureka, but hey lots of you deserve a trophy or a patch on the sleeve for your Kamloop$ commitment to deer and moose hunting.
Have a drink on me and maybe three, region 3's got it all, the deer, the moose, the bear the birds and the hunterz, home town.
So put your hands in the air, like you don't care and wave em all around and shout about the twin river town.
Another Kamloops hunter has the, "Know how."
JelKamKnowHow-Pow ! Tournament Capital of Hunterz

Buck Skin
12-20-2009, 11:04 AM
fantastick buck. nice rack

pnbrock
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Kamloops was very good to me this season as well ...

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/Tipsbrock/20094point.jpg

husky30-06
12-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Kamloops was very good to me this season as well ...

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss260/Tipsbrock/20094point.jpg

NICE ONE!!!!!! I have six fours in my shed from the kamloops area. they are here but you need to work for them. good on ya with that one!!:)

pnbrock
12-20-2009, 02:48 PM
thanks 30-06 took 2years to get a good buck out off the thick stuff.

Jelvis
12-20-2009, 06:11 PM
It just proves that some highly successful hunters in Kamloops and getting some nah hice bah hocks, whoa.
Lots a bucks around, or some good hunters in the ridges and ponds back off the road awayz. ?
I think it's the hunters, diggin and doggin it, in the hills, and knowing where to go, on a consistent basis producing exciting hunting and there for return season after season just for that reason, it's pleasin.
jahelly's donut shop$ Kamloop$ Home of the Be$t Moo$e, Deer and Bear hunters