PDA

View Full Version : Fishing guides in bella coola

EvanG
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I m looking to take my parents out to bella coola this summer and was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with fishing guides or charters (Ocean and River) or have any suggestions. Everything ive found on the internet is more suited towards foreigners and eco tour bs.
thanks

Salty
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Tackle shop in bella?

knockturnal
12-11-2009, 01:25 PM
ive fished there a lot. Its pretty much a rung what ya brung type deal. i can honestly say that ive never ran into a fishing guide up there. Unless you want to venture over onto the Dean. But thats a whole different story. Its a pretty easy place to navigate. Every river/creek has some sort of fish. Lots of pinks later on in the summer. A TON of chum. Chinook runs havent been the greatest in the Bella Coola river as of late. who knows. maybe that will change by next year.

srupp
12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
huge difference between the river and the ocean.

For the river..any of the CORBOULDS(SP??) from the Lodge will do ya right..for drifting for salmon on the Atnarko( thats above the Talchako confluence)

Steer clear of some others BIG TIME...

As for the ocean..sometimes the comercial fishermen that arnt working can provide a better bang for your $$...we have used a couple and altyhough the fish didnt co-operate the time was thoroughly enjoyable..

cheers
Steven

pm me and I will explain where to limit out on crabs and prawns..:mrgreen: