PDA

View Full Version : Point of aim,,,, up a tree

interceptor
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
G' Day Lads,

Just looking for some insight regards to using archery tackle on treed game, I have never shot my gear up at that sort of an angle.

My rig shoots pretty much dead flat to 20 mtrs, so would I just aim where I want my arrow to go or do I aim lower/higher?

Anyone have experience with this?

Cheers Noel

Doug Skelly
12-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Dead on, depending on distance and angle.

interceptor
12-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the reply Doug.

I hope to be able to string up a target and do some insitu practice before the main event.

Thanks again.

Cheers Noel

Ambush
12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Your biggest obstacle will be maintaining form. Bend backwards at the hips.
As you said, practicing the shot will be give you all the info and confidence you need.

Cougar, I assume? Good luck and post a story and pics.

upnover
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
An arrow or a bullet is acted upon by gravity only in the horizontal distance parallel to earth. Put simply, if the cougar up the tree were to drop a plumbob straight down to the ground the distance from you to the plumbob is the true distance. Not the distance from you to the pussycat.Cheer's.

MikeH
12-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Practice the shot,shooting up can be tricky if not positioned properly.I've shot grouse out of a tree but I practiced the shot.Once you figure the body position your golden.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
aim for horizonal distance ... not line of sight distance ....

up or down ... keep your shoulders and hips square to the target ... let it rip and tell us about the harvest later

Have fun

Foxtail
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Do you have a bear up in a tree somewhere? lol