PDA

View Full Version : 7-57b Bison Hunt

eaglesj
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Well, with the temperature up here dropping to -25 and colder, I am getting ready for my trip to 7-57b for my bison trip. Anybody else still going up there? I can't wait. Then again, I work in the weather so why not have fun in the weather.

If anybody has any last tips and are willing to share, send me tip.

JRG94
12-06-2009, 09:21 PM
you should do well, they are all getting pushed up from region A:)

tomahawk
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Watch up the mountains for bulls, they like to lay behind clumps of trees and can easily be mistaken for large rocks unless checked with binoc's..

bridger
12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
some of my friends that went last year in weather this cold took a power saw, a roll of clear plastic, and a propane heater. they cut down some pecker poles and built a tent over their bison turned on the heater and worked in comfort in -30 something to consider. good luck

eaglesj
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
some of my friends that went last year in weather this cold took a power saw, a roll of clear plastic, and a propane heater. they cut down some pecker poles and built a tent over their bison turned on the heater and worked in comfort in -30 something to consider. good luck

Too Funny, maybe I'll just shoot a little one so it get done faster... and tastes better

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
12-06-2009, 10:26 PM
area A is busy with JIM SHOCKEY'S crew hunting and filming, the bison might be getting pushed back 2 area B???

Fraink
12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I will be in zone A on the 16th with my son for his draw, hope there are some left there. Good luck in your zone B hunt. I went to zone B in 96 with a buddy, he shot a very big bull in an old burn about 8K past the ranch on our 4th day in.

d6dan
12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
area A is busy with JIM SHOCKEY'S crew hunting and filming, the bison might be getting pushed back 2 area B???
I'm curious?
Whats the story on Jim Shockeys crew?
Must have hired a Guide/outfitter to cater to his crew?..:-?

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
12-07-2009, 05:46 AM
ya he is staying with the guide/outfitter on the ranch..there is allot of sleds traveling the trail with some going way back to wards rob lake with wall tents and fancy skimmers with aluminum boxes.

trigger
12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
shockey going to hammer a buffalo with his black powder????? wonder what he will use to meet the minimum foot pounds of energy? I wanted to shoot my buffalo with my black powder but couldnt pass min specs with it. What makes him allowed?

d6dan
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM
shockey going to hammer a buffalo with his black powder????? wonder what he will use to meet the minimum foot pounds of energy? I wanted to shoot my buffalo with my black powder but couldnt pass min specs with it. What makes him allowed?

Name and Fame???:tongue:

Gus
12-07-2009, 10:23 AM

Think of him as the Chuck Norris of the hunting world :mrgreen:.

tomahawk
12-07-2009, 10:27 AM

More than likely it is a client and they are filming the hunt or Jim will have to meet requirements like anyone else if he is shooting.

rocksteady
12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Thinkin really hard of applying for this next year....

However, do not know the country , the animals or how to hunt them......

Anyone want to pair up and mentor me?????

partner
12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
You should probably find a couple guys to pair up with, will make the pack out quicker! It is a good idea though. Why not have a page dedicated too pairing up with other people who draw the same hunt.
Would be easier than trying to recruit friends to go. I took my wife and our son. Everybody else bailed!