PDA

View Full Version : scored on my last weekend

bowhunterbruce
12-06-2009, 07:47 PM
well after going out religiously for the last month everyweekend i was on a mission to harvest my deer.this season was one of the best for experiences with good friends and great country and after the mrs and i resolved to wait on the deer this year we focused on our attempt for her getting a moose.
with that being unsuccessful,i then headed for the koots and was successful at dropping my first 6 pt.
well once i get back home i find out i had been laid off so now my focus was to regain employment.and within 10 had a new job makeing better money and a position at which i am at my happiest.
after my first check comes in i am able to get back out there without dipping into a tight budget
mid november i find a new honey hole where the muley bucks love to travel and bed down for the day,without seeing any legal 4 points that day i went back the following weekend and dropped a small 4x3 not 50 yrds off the road.yes 1 down one to go.
i then take hotload out to a spot where whiteys are abundant and we both had a ton of fun chaseing them around for the morning hunt however were unsuccessful at putting one into the truck so we headed out to my new found muley hotspot.
well we ended up seeing and attempting many stalks with our bow and x-bow that day but still came home empty but had a blast trying.
jump to yesterday and i go out and tried three different stalks on 2 bucks and a doe but the wind sucked big time and i blew my shot at the doe (put it over her back at 40 yards)after 1 1/2 stalk of over a hundred yrds accross open terrian with only some brush here and there for cover.
so this morning i go back after the 5x4 i had seen yesterday when before i even get there i see 3 does not far away as i round the corner.i stop the truck and head into the small depression running along that piticular ridge ,crawling on my hands and knees for about 50 yrds i slowly raise myself up on my knees with my bow ready and the biggest one is only 20 yrds away and standing broadside looking back over her shoulder completly unaware of my presence.
as i come to full draw the other 2 start to move yet not one of them had seen me, my release was perfect and the arrow flew as true as it should twack she takes off and disappears over the ridge and down into a small ravine.
i looked up and gave thanks ,she didnt go more then 60 yards and upon cleaning her found it to be a perfect heart/lungs shot right behind her leg, right side ,a clean pass through with 100 gr montec's.
tracking was pretty easy with the skiff of fresh stuff on the ground which also made the uphill drag a little easier.
total for my season was 1- bull elk
1- 4 point muley
1- yummy whitetail doe
all in all = 2 very full freezers
unfortunatly the batteries were dead in the camera so i wasnt able to get any pics.but as i was driving home reflecting on my season what do i see standing on the side of the road but a beautiful 4x4 whitetail buck munching away at some grapevines in someones garden.
well i hope all the bucks i have encountered the last few weeks make it into next year.
bruce

ROEBUCK
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
nice one !!

congrats!!

i use 100 gr montecs too!!

there awesome!!

took my buck at 37 yards ,the arrow entered the deer quartering away and went through liver lung and heart and exited thriugh ribs,didnt go 50 yards!!

again congrats on the bow kill!!

rocksteady
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Congrats on the round head and a successful season....

Only bad thing I find about having a great season is its so much harder counting (and waiting out) the days til next years opener:mrgreen:

doubled
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Well done, can't wait to try that myself.

hotload
12-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Now is that what you PM'd me about???? Bruce the way that you hunt, it is only a matter of time before anything that you chose to chase will have it's ribs facing the clouds. Way to go man. If anybody needs someone to make a great shot, tracker, hunter, guide, friend,he's your man.

hunter1947
12-07-2009, 06:11 AM
You had a very successful season BHB ,good shot on the doe ,congrats to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

bowhunterbruce
12-07-2009, 06:20 AM
nice one !!

congrats!!

i use 100 gr montecs too!!

there awesome!!

took my buck at 37 yards ,the arrow entered the deer quartering away and went through liver lung and heart and exited thriugh ribs,didnt go 50 yards!!

again congrats on the bow kill!!
ya great broadheads eh! and thanks

bowhunterbruce
12-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Congrats on the round head and a successful season....

Only bad thing I find about having a great season is its so much harder counting (and waiting out) the days til next years opener:mrgreen:
aint that the truth but there still is predators:-D

bowhunterbruce
12-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Well done, can't wait to try that myself.
careful because its very addictive

bowhunterbruce
12-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Now is that what you PM'd me about???? Bruce the way that you hunt, it is only a matter of time before anything that you chose to chase will have it's ribs facing the clouds. Way to go man. If anybody needs someone to make a great shot, tracker, hunter, guide, friend,he's your man.
yeppers that what the pm was about,have ya taken barbie out to the bedroom yet:wink::wink::wink:

bowhunterbruce
12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
You had a very successful season BHB ,good shot on the doe ,congrats to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.
thanks alot h47 your season was good for you too buddy well done as well

Islandeer
12-07-2009, 04:23 PM
great finish.:tongue:

boyd050
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Awesome Bruce... way to go.... now some fine chewin' till the next season...looks like we all had a great year, glad to hear your all fixed up in a new job and things are going good!! good things happen to good people... take care of hotload hey! we need him for next year too ya know!!!

bowhunterbruce
12-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Awesome Bruce... way to go.... now some fine chewin' till the next season...looks like we all had a great year, glad to hear your all fixed up in a new job and things are going good!! good things happen to good people... take care of hotload hey! we need him for next year too ya know!!!
thanks boyd,and hotload is gonna be out after a dog or cat this winter for sure.i'll do my best to keep his legs and back in fine shape:wink: