PDA

View Full Version : BC Hunters betrayed by Govt

pete_k
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
http://castanet.net/edition/news-story-51240-1-.htm#51240

Does BCWF support or give it's blessings to the Residentpriority.ca website? I can't find a link on BCWF website that links to the residentpriorty.ca webstie.

Also. Where on the BCWF website is there articles about how they plan on dealing with the GO lobby?

I'd like to donate a bit of money, but also need to know how it's going to be spent.

Dirty
12-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Kudos to Rich. A thankless job. We need all residents to start standing behind these leaders in the outdoor community of BC.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Heard the same release on the radio news this morning. Sounds like we're getting some action from our donations. Hats off to those involved!!:)

SSS

BCrams
12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Hats off to Rich !!

bridger
12-05-2009, 09:45 AM
The resident angler and hunter fund was created at the bcwf convention last spring and ratified by the bcwf board of directors. It is administered by the bcwf political action alliance the independent political arm of the fed.

The BCWF Political Action Alliance was incorporated in British Columbia in 1996 by individuals who had been closely affiliated with the BC Wildlife Federation but who felt that there was a need for an organization that could become active politically, when necessary, an area where the BCWF having charitable status, could not operate with incurring risks to that status.
To that end, the BCWF PAA was incorporated as an independent organization with its own board of directors.

olharley guy
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Howdy, I was quite surprised to see a 1/4 write up about "WHATEVER HAPPENED to RESIDENT HUNTING PRIORITY?" in a local free delivery newspaper in Nanaimo.
I couldn't believe that they would put the article in this local rag.
It appears they are trying to do something about this situation.
For those that haven't seen the article I will try to post it or I could email it to someone who is an expert at posting much quicker. Later

gameslayer
12-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for posting the info and link Pete K , be a good idea for all us hunters to find a way to take interest and support the BCWF more. I know I am guilty of enjoying outdoors and not doing anything to support, which unfortunatly seems to be the norm. If we turned that around things may look a lot different for the future of hunting in this province.

Darksith
12-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Its hard, I know guides in region 6, and I would hate for those guys to loose possible hunts, but at the same time they don't punch all their tags, so those excess should somehow be figured out and given back to the locals.

12-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Its hard, I know guides in region 6, and I would hate for those guys to loose possible hunts, but at the same time they don't punch all their tags, so those excess should somehow be figured out and given back to the locals.

Yah, those poor guides in Region 6 only get 70% of the Stone Sheep, a real pity...!

Devilbear
12-05-2009, 06:24 PM
How many of those ...guides... are BC born and raised Canadians? I seem to hear about a LOT of foreign owners, guides from Alberta, and other provinces and even harassment of res. hunters by aircraft and so forth.

Between the GOs and the Indian's blockades, we BC boys soon will not be able to hunt Region 6, at all. Oh well, we will STILL pay the taxes for what little game management happens there..............

Time for a change, a BIG change!

pete_k
12-05-2009, 08:26 PM
The resident angler and hunter fund was created at the bcwf convention last spring and ratified by the bcwf board of directors. It is administered by the bcwf political action alliance the independent political arm of the fed.

The BCWF Political Action Alliance was incorporated in British Columbia in 1996 by individuals who had been closely affiliated with the BC Wildlife Federation but who felt that there was a need for an organization that could become active politically, when necessary, an area where the BCWF having charitable status, could not operate with incurring risks to that status.
To that end, the BCWF PAA was incorporated as an independent organization with its own board of directors.

Thanks Rich. Where does the money go when donated to the BCWF PAA?
Are they the ones we should be concentrating on empowering in your opinion?

bridger
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks Rich. Where does the money go when donated to the BCWF PAA?
Are they the ones we should be concentrating on empowering in your opinion?

the money goes into a separate bank account that is operated by the bcwf paa. it is run by a chartered accountant with impeccable credentials. the bcwf paa operates the resident priority fund with these funds and yes this is where we should be sending our donations. as a side note the north peace rod & gun club donated $10,000 to kick start the fund and had a fundraiser tonite to send more money to the fund.

12-05-2009, 09:37 PM
We all owe the North Peace Club big time...! I hope all you guys from the Peace Country hear this and join that club.

KodiakHntr
12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
The North Peace Club raised a bunch more Saturday night at the Big Buck dinner.

Some pretty nice goodies raffled off with the proceeds going to Resident Priority.