PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Blood Trails ( Warning bloody pictures)

Brambles
01-29-2006, 12:26 AM
It seem that things are getting a little stale around here lately so I thought I would post pictures. Some of you have already seen this buck but these are all new pictures, never seen before, oooooohhhhhh aaaaaaaahhhhhh.

First picture has been changed because people started to cry, I hope this isn't too graphic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/beefcutschartwehadin60s.jpg

More pics next page

Brambles
01-29-2006, 12:27 AM
This picture is of the nice girly lillys that hunters would rather see then the reality of hunting
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/Waterlilies.jpg

The next picture is of a common problem among computer geeks but I never thought it would spread to hunters.I call it HUNTERS CWD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/OBVIOUS.jpg

Needless to say I had some picturres on here that some people took offence to, apparently a clean kill is when you club a deer over the head and no blood is spilt
Brambles

Ozone
01-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Nice buck. How far did he go?

Brambles
01-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Nice buck. How far did he go?
Maybe 50 - 75 yards, I was surprised he made it that far, he must have had a massive adrenaline rush. It was cool because I had my scope on him the whole way and watched the whole thing to see if I needed to hit him again, needless to say another shot wasn't needed. It took him about 4 seconds to cover the whole distance, he was bookin

Brambles

cowboy-up69
01-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Holy crap, looks like u hit that ppoor thing with a frickn cannon!!! Haha, nice pics though, sure do look cool...Also, very nice buck...where abouts to get him??

Cliff

mcrae
01-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Thats a nice buck. I hit my critter with a 225 grain Accubond out of a Tikka M695 338 Win Mag. The shot was an off angle the bullet went in tore through the lungs and exited on the off shoulder. Tough bullet those Accubonds. Mine did a bang flop on the river bank and the spray was all over the rocks. It was pretty messed up!

Brambles
01-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Well lets see the antlers http://www.smileys.ws/smls/sad/00000066.gif

Was it as big as the mulie last year, what did that mulie last year score?

Brambles

mcrae
01-29-2006, 12:26 PM
No antlers on that puppy that was my calf moose from the fall. I hunted hard for ten days and thats all I was able to get. My brother got a nice little bull though. It sure is good eating though minus one full shoulder:lol: To be honest with you I havn't got a clue how to score a deer so I am not sure how my mulie would score. It was pretty narly but not all that big so I would imagine not too high.

greybark
01-29-2006, 12:46 PM
:confused: Hey Brambles , The first photo of your buck is a classy one ,Little can be said for the others along with some of the dilect which shows disrespect for such a noble buck.
:lol: It is a very nice classic WT buck -

mcrae
01-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Whoaaa be careful up there on your high horse you might fall off and hurt yourself:confused:

Marc
01-29-2006, 01:46 PM
OK I edited some of the pictures as it was a little to graphic for my liking. I also received emails and PM's about it. I don't want to see blood and gore in the gallery or the forums. Lets keep it presentable please.

Marc.

mcrae
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
My picture of a hanging piece of meat was too graphic? The shoulder was trimmed and clean and its too much? I took the pic originally to show on game performance of a Nosler Accubond. This is a hunting site right? Pretty weird to me......... oh well.

Brambles
01-29-2006, 04:05 PM
:confused: Hey Brambles , The first photo of your buck is a classy one ,Little can be said for the others along with some of the dilect which shows disrespect for such a noble buck.

Maybe you should read the topic before you read the story, There is a warning that the pictures are bloody, if your too much of a girly man that you can't accept the reality of hunting then don't go any further. As far as my dilect, I'm not going to appologise for not being one of those politicaly correct weenies out there who critique everything and tip-toe around the actual subject. I'll describe it how I want to, Its my story, my deer and I earned that right.

I don't know why you think I disrespected the deer in anyway. I was mearly showing the affects of a well placed shot. Do you want me to light incense and start praying to the honorable deer who hath fallen.

I thought this was a hunting forum NOT a green peace rally. I can't believe that this post was censored, that is pathetic. So much for freedom of speach. I was trying to get some topics going because its been so lame here lately that people are starting to bicker.

I can't believe that everyone is so holyer than thou, on their high horse etc whatever you want to call it. I'm amazed any hunting actually gets done.

As far as people sending emails and PM to Marc saying that this Thread is graphic!!!!! This blows me away, READ THE TOPIC HEADLINE IT STATED THAT THE PHOTOS WERE BLOODY, IF YOUR OFFENDED BY SUCH STUFF THEN DON'T READ!!!

Dont sit on the backbench and throw mud, if you have somthing to say then buck up and be a man and not a friggin green peace girl who cant stand the sight of blood, even though you claim to be a hunter and should have seen worse things than this.

Unbelievable

Brambles

timberhunter
01-29-2006, 04:16 PM
If you had read the forum guidlines

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=9

No#15

You would have known that the pictures were not acceptable. Marc has delt with it, time to let it go to rest and move on. This is a public forum!!, so its not only those in the hunting comunity who veiw the forums. Everyone else abides by the rules posted, so should you.

The rules also state about belitteling other members. And he has replied by deleting the questioned photos.

Nuff said.
Marc S.

Ozone
01-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I beleive he just added that. Marc could you reply please?

Brambles
01-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I beleive he just added that. Marc could you reply please?
I took care of everything and made a change to my original post taking into consideration that there are far more hockey moms and PTA members on this forum than I thoughthttp://www.smileys.ws/smls/laughing/00000012.gif

Ricky
01-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I agree that these pictures should have been allowed. I don't see why not its a hunting forum.

As a new hunter seeing this means its a part of hunting.

Ricky

ex bc guide
01-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I seen no harm in those pics,there was no intrails hanging out of a wounded animal,just some blood
Mike

Onesock
01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I never saw the pictures and cannot say whether they were too bloody or not. My comment is about our(hunters) social license. Hey boys we have to remember that 80% of the population is neither for or against hunting. If we do not use or heads we could turn the tide against the sport we love. This is an open site for all to see, you wouldn't want an anti hunter to use your photo's against you would you. Lets try and use our brains and respect the animals we hunt and show non hunters of the respect we have for our game. In other words grow up.

Marc
01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Well I disagree and seen no reason to post pieces of lungs stuck to a tree. You can still have an informative site with pictures of game and still keep it decently clean. Blood and gore has no place on any website in my opinion. Yes it's there and it's part of hunting but it doesn't need to be in the forums or in the gallery.

Instated rule #15 this afternoon. Why did I wait unbtil now? Well I've never had anyone post pictures of organs hanging off of trees before. I thought that the picture of the blood trail was fine but the bits hanging off the branches was to much in my opinion.

Marc.

Brambles
01-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Anyone who wants to see the photo's PM me with an email address and I'll send them to you.

If you just want them so you an be a jerk then don't bother. If you actually a hunter and not a hockey mom in disguise then I'll be happy to share them with anyone interested.

Thanks

Brambles

Tuffcity
01-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey Brambles,

girl who cant stand the sight of blood

my 12 yr old would be offended by that remark... she's usually the first one to spy the blood and is always digging in the gut pile asking "what's that?" :) :)

RC

mcrae
01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey Marc

So my pic of my moose hanging was offensive and has been removed but the pic in the gallery of the fella with the meat on his back is okay? Is this not a pic of gore as well? I am a bit confused as to why my post was edited and there seems to be other pics on this site that remain and are just as "gory". I am really not trying to be a pain in the ass but if you start to edit posts you had better make sure its consistent or it looks kind of funny when one guy gets his post nuked and another's is okay.

3kills
01-29-2006, 09:56 PM
marc is only one man to though mcrae...

Marc
01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Mcrae555, I may have deleted your picture by mistake in the heat of the moment and for that I apologise. I was busy doing other things around the house when the complaints were comming in so I checked the post and started cleaning things up and from what I can recall seing it looked like a mangled piece of meat. If it was infact trimmed I'm sorry from deleting your picture. By all means post it up again. I'm only one person and make mistakes as well.

Marc.

mcrae
01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Allright I inderstand now I just didn't understand why my pic was offensive and since it has been explained enough said. It took me the better part of an hour to get the damn thing to post so maybe tommorow.........

CanuckShooter
01-30-2006, 07:20 AM
I never saw the pictures and cannot say whether they were too bloody or not. My comment is about our(hunters) social license. Hey boys we have to remember that 80% of the population is neither for or against hunting. If we do not use or heads we could turn the tide against the sport we love. This is an open site for all to see, you wouldn't want an anti hunter to use your photo's against you would you. Lets try and use our brains and respect the animals we hunt and show non hunters of the respect we have for our game. In other words grow up.

A valid point[antis using pics]..so why don't we post some nice graphic pictures from a couple of slaughter houses, show them how many incidental fish are killed and thrown away in the commercial fishery...turn them all into vegans...then show them using cow manure for fertalizer...turn them all into anorexics...:cool:

Personally, his pictures just showed a facination for the power of the firearm. It's natural to be curious, and not thinking that people on a 'hunting' forum would be offended by it should come as no surprise. Just put it off as an oppps....a boo boo...as there is a reason for not posting pics that are too graphic.

Onesock
01-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Canuckshooter: I really don't care what they do in slaughter house's because it doesn't affect me or hunting in the least. All I am saying is that as a minority of the population we as hunters have to try and keep our noses as clean as possible. If you can't see this you should take your head out of the sand pile you have it buried in.

Brambles
01-30-2006, 08:20 AM
I feel its a shame that people figure they have to, or should, tip-toe around the reality of hunting just because they are afraid what the anti's think.
Everyone is trying to butter up the fact that in the process of hunting blood will be spilt. Maybe we should tie ribbons in the anlters to try and make them look pretty.

There are so many hunting video's that show hunting in its purest but you don't see them being censored, live action kills, wounded animals, blood trails etc. If you don't think that this is ammo for the anti's then you have YOUR head in the sand pile.

Onesock

I think the minority of the population is the people who are actually activists against hunting. The rest of the population either hunt, have friends and family that hunt or just don't care either way. Your trying to protect yourself from a very small pecentage of the population and to me that is sad because in trying to avoid exposure your actually loosing part to the hunting experiance.

I feel sorry for you that you feel you have to live under a rock in order to do what you want to, instead of standing proud and taking responsibiliy for your actions.

Brambles

Onesock
01-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Sorry I do not hide under a rock, but I do use my head, obviously something you don't use. I do agree with you about these hunting video's though, most should be taken off the market for one reson or another. The facts are that 80 % of the population don't care one way or the other about hunting. Lets not turn the tide against us. Do you think we should all hang our kills over the fenders of our vehicles and parade up and down main street, chewing snuff and chucking beer bottles out the windows. I think not!!! Lets use our heads for something other than filling holes in the sand.

Gateholio
01-30-2006, 11:15 AM
I dont' tie animals to the front fender, but I dont' go out of my way to hide stuff, either.

If you look intot he back of my truck during hutning season, you may see something dead, that is just the facts.

I dont' hide, nor do I rub peoples face in it. People that are offended by hunting shoudnt' look at hunting forums or videos.

I never saw the pics, so I have no opinion on them specifically.

rollingrock
01-30-2006, 11:25 AM
There is some difference between the reality and the presentable side of hunting, I think, while you can present this sport in a nicer way that can be accepted by 90% of people who are watching, just like CANADA IN THE ROUGH which I don't like at all cuz it doesn't truly tell the hunters, the hunters-wanna-be or other interested groups how tought hunting is. But this show is made so beautiful.

Onesock
01-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Gatehouse: I agree with you on your take. We can do what we do when hunting and don't have to rub anyones nose in it. If someone happens to look in your truck, they have to realise it is your truck. I don't think we should HIDE anything just go about hunting in good "taste". Pun intended.

Brambles
01-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry I do not hide under a rock, but I do use my head, obviously something you don't use. I do agree with you about these hunting video's though, most should be taken off the market for one reson or another. Do you think we should all hang our kills over the fenders of our vehicles and parade up and down main street, chewing snuff and chucking beer bottles out the windows. I think not!!! Lets use our heads for something other than filling holes in the sand.

I find it funny that you are fighting about a post in which you didn't even see the photo's to. By definition that is "ignorant". You are talking about a topic that you arn't completely informed about. Seems like your the one not using his/or her head.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with hunting videos, and I don't think that they should be banned. You must be a liberal supporter since your so willing to take everyone's freedoms away at a whim.
Paul "Onesock" Martin. One kind of person whom I can't stand is someone who thinks that they have the right to tell someone else what they can and cannot do.

As far as your remarks regarding displaying your game on the front fender of your pickup while chewing snuff and drinking beer. I never said I was in favor of this or does this have anything to do with what we are talking about here.

I'm not about to argue this point much further. The feedback that I have received has been very positive from people who have requested the photos.

I do appreciate that you have your opinions and I have mine. I don't force people to conform to my point of view, I all I do is provide them with the information and I let them make there own "informed" decisions
Thanks

And to all those people who have asked for photos but have't recieved them I will do a mass mailing tonight as the photos are on my computer, right now I am somewhere else.

Brambles

Brambles
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Someones mailbox was full, Not sure who it was because my computer wouldn't open the document. If it was your email mailbox just pm me and I'll resend it to you.

Brambles

Ricky
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
I got the pictures, thank you.

The only person so far that has had a problem with them was my mom.

Ricky

Brambles
01-30-2006, 08:18 PM
I got the pictures, thank you.

The only person so far that has had a problem with them was my mom.

Ricky

Oh great Ricky now I'm on your moms poopy list!!! Maybe I should ask for a copy of a valid drivers licence before sending them out. I hope you mentioned to her that YOU requested them

Later

Brambles

elkster
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
I didn't get to see the pics in the original thread, but did get brambles to send them to me. they certainly didn't offend me, or my family. They've seen worse dressing an animal in the garage. As far as appeasing the anti, I don't think I really care, and I don't think that a few threads with blood in them is going to change anything. I would drather stand up and say, I'm a hunter, I harvest my own food. You on the other hand allow someone else to do it for you. That way, you don't have to acknowledge, that the meat you are eating for supper, was once a live animal, that was butchered for you. If we don't stand up proud, and loud for ourselves, do you think staying quiet as a church mouse, that they will forget us; then you are sadly mistaken. Everytime we back down, they take it as an indication that we will not stick up for what we believe in. If you shy away from the facts, and fail to state you opinions, they will ride all over you. I write letters, I talk about hunting, I show people my hunting pictures, and I try to convey the whole picture, nature, family, new friends, new country to be seen, and yes, sometimes blood, and food for my table.

I don't usually rant like this, but I just get pee'd off always having to pussy foot around in case I offend someone. Guys we are hunters, be proud.
Art:D

Ozone
01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Elkster you forgot the line "AND I AM CANADIAN"

Brambles
01-30-2006, 08:49 PM
If we don't stand up proud, and loud for ourselves, do you think staying quiet as a church mouse, that they will forget us; then you are sadly mistaken. Everytime we back down, they take it as an indication that we will not stick up for what we believe in. If you shy away from the facts, and fail to state you opinions, they will ride all over you. I write letters, I talk about hunting, I show people my hunting pictures, and I try to convey the whole picture, nature, family, new friends, new country to be seen, and yes, sometimes blood, and food for my table.

I don't usually rant like this, but I just get pee'd off always having to pussy foot around in case I offend someone. Guys we are hunters, be proud.
Art:D

Nicely said Art, nicely said:cool:

Brambles

Onesock
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Brambles: I didn't think this was a fight I thought it was a discussion. If you read my previous posts I never said anything about your pictures other than that I hadn't seen them. I don't see the difference between showing tastless pictures (not necessarily yours) on the internet which thousands of people have access to or driving around with animals on the hood of your car. I am only telling you the way hunters should portray themselves. Good luck in your future hunting endevours.

Ricky
01-30-2006, 10:17 PM
No everything is cool, i asked her what she thought thats all. But she agrees that if your on a hunting site and since we are all hunters you expect to see this type of thing, well i hope to soon enough

Ricky

CanuckShooter
01-31-2006, 06:48 AM
Canuckshooter: I really don't care what they do in slaughter house's because it doesn't affect me or hunting in the least. All I am saying is that as a minority of the population we as hunters have to try and keep our noses as clean as possible. If you can't see this you should take your head out of the sand pile you have it buried in.

Onesock, you missed the point. Post the slaugherhouse pics and let them use those pictures against us hunters.....would kinda make them look stoopid??

As for what they [antis]think of me....I couldn't give a rats as*, as for your comment on 'burying your head in the sand', I have to wonder if your a fisherman and were offended by the incidental kill thingy?? PS. where I live 'buried in the snow' would be more appropriate.

Gateholio
01-31-2006, 11:45 AM
I've been in a few slaughterhouses, and I have rarely seen things while hunting that are as grisly

Brambles, I'ld like ot see the pics now, see what all the fuss is about.:lol:

Elkhound
01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Well I have to say, I saw the pics, I looked at it as educational on what a .338wm with a well constructed bullet could do. As I just got a .338 and have not shot anything with it, I found the pics useful. I might not use my .338 on our little blacktails now:lol: okay, I still might just to see:wink: With a warning in the thread title it gives the member the option of wanting to look or not.

But Marc is the man, and I will always play by his rules while I am here

Elkhound
01-31-2006, 12:43 PM
on another note, Brambles, how was the meat damage? Lots, minimal?

Brambles
01-31-2006, 07:30 PM
on another note, Brambles, how was the meat damage? Lots, minimal?

There was almost no meat loss, the only bone that I hit was one rib on the exit, neither shoulders were touched.

Not to sound cocky but if I was to pick a perfect shot it couldn't have turned out better. Other than the fact that the deer did seem to run farther than anyone would expect, the blood trail would have been fairly easy to follow:wink:if I needed to. From my experience heart shot deer seem to be supercharged and tend to be great runners.

Gatehouse, if your email is in your profile I'll send you some pictures right away.

Thanks

Brambles

ruger#1
01-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Brambles ive shot whitetails in the heart and they have ran for about 100 yrds like they havent even been hit. ive also heart shot deer that went down like a sack of potatoes. some of those deer are tough to bring down. it seems like if there liver is hit they come down faster.

huntwriter
01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
I agree with you all the way. But what also works against us, since this is an open forum, is the constant pickering and holier than thou attitude some members have here and think that they have to point "ethical" fingers at others the very moment they "see something wrong".

As I have stated before the anti hunting-lunatic-fringe- of society reads here too and all our squabbling about nothing really, will be used by them against us too not only bloody images. Take the never ending sillyness of crossbow v. bow. The antis have compiled all that pickering from across North America and use it to make a case by the government to outlaw crossbow hunting which then will be followed by bows. We can thank ourselves for providing the info they needed.

One of the American hunting forums of which I am a member have closed their forum to the public for this very reason, so antis can't collect info, this might be something we should conceder here too.

It is hard to believe, here we are in a supposedly free speech country, we fight like mad to keep our freedom to hunt and prodect our way of life. But on the other hand we muzzle ourselves, don't dare speak up and hide away in the dark just to conform and apease to those who are easely offended and faint by the sight of a dead cat on the road becuase they lived all of their life in Disney World.

Fred
01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
There is a heart shot topic going on at BOOC right now and one guy came up with an interesting thought.
If you blow up the heart the animal will run until it runs out of the O2 that is in the blood. If you clip the top of the heart and sever the aorta then the heart continues to beat but only pulls blood and oxygen away from the tissues(dumping it into the chest cavity) thereby depriving it of oxygen much quicker. Fred

huntwriter
01-31-2006, 09:14 PM
There is a heart shot topic going on at BOOC right now and one guy came up with an interesting thought.
If you blow up the heart the animal will run until it runs out of the O2 that is in the blood. If you clip the top of the heart and sever the aorta then the heart continues to beat but only pulls blood and oxygen away from the tissues(dumping it into the chest cavity) thereby depriving it of oxygen much quicker. Fred

Yep, thats right.

craigchaplin
01-31-2006, 10:09 PM
I agree that even though this is a hunting site there have to be some rules as to what is posted. I'm sure everyone here who hunts (like me)has no problems with any "bloody or gut" pics. but as has been mentioned people who do not hunt might be offended. and its better off that people who dont hunt dont get any fuel fer their fire if ya know what i mean. if they dont see it they dont think about it and they leave us to enjoy our sport. there are toooooo many bleedin hearts these days and i think that the more discretion we as hunters use the better fer all of us. i think thats all everybody is tryin to say. although i do agree that it sucks that we have to "hide" that way.

huntwriter
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree that even though this is a hunting site there have to be some rules as to what is posted. I'm sure everyone here who hunts (like me)has no problems with any "bloody or gut" pics. but as has been mentioned people who do not hunt might be offended. and its better off that people who dont hunt dont get any fuel fer their fire if ya know what i mean. if they dont see it they dont think about it and they leave us to enjoy our sport. there are toooooo many bleedin hearts these days and i think that the more discretion we as hunters use the better fer all of us. i think thats all everybody is tryin to say. although i do agree that it sucks that we have to "hide" that way.
I know what you are saying but they get just as much, if not more fuel, from what is all been talked and whined here. Believe me, I know I have seen there compiled copy/pasts on their websites and petition forms gatherd from hunting forums.

Brambles
01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
i do agree that it sucks that we have to "hide" that way.

Thats where your mistaken. We don't HAVE to hide. You may CHOOSE to hide, and if that makes YOUR life easyier then so be it. However I WON'T hide, everyone who knows me knows that I hunt. If they don't like it then they can shove it up their arse. I have enough friends that I don't need to surround myself with people who don't understand me.

Put it this way, if you don't have the balls to stand up for what you believe in and just want to hide so that you don't attract any attention to yourself, you deserve to have your rights and freedoms taken away.
If your so scared to say your a hunter because its controversial then maybe you should think twice about BEING a hunter.

Craigchaplin this is not directed towards you specifically so don't take it that way, I'm just trying to point out the fact that if you let the activists and anti's win and have a louder voice, then you will become the loser in the end with no rights. Those activist *******s will just keep going,they will pick another group and so on.

There are obviously two trains of thought on this subject and I respect that, some people think that flying under the radar is the best thing to do and I say attack them head on, fight for what you believe in. They ruin enough things for other people, don't let the anti's ruin it for you too.

Brambles

Marc
01-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Is there another election going on that I don't know about?:biggrin:

Brambles
01-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Is there another election going on that I don't know about?:biggrin:

That really Hurts:lol:, the only thing I dislike more than activists is Politicians. Don't get me started on those crooked *******s:evil:

craigchaplin
01-31-2006, 11:08 PM
hehe. sounds kinda like it eh?! fair enough brambles your entitled to yer view and maybe "hide" wasnt a good word to use. All i was tryin to say is that here ,delta is where i live. you kinda have to fly under the radar being so close to the city. as most of the hunting areas are within 1000yards (duck hunting im talkin about) of someones house. And believe me i dont hide when i come out with my ducks. And i know darn well that the people who live around those areas can hear the gunshots at night. But i dont walk around showin off that thats what i do. I know its alot different in smaller towns like oliver where i go deer hunting because for some reason its not as big a deal there. which i think is how it should be. And i have no problems telling everybody i know that i hunt and quite often get into long discussions on the pros of getting yer own meat verses buying it and how much healthier it is. but here in the city i believe its a battle that cannot be won by loudly proclaiming IM A HUNTER. so i prefer to keep a low profile as much as possible and within reason. meaning i dont go out of my way to do so but try my best.

craigchaplin
01-31-2006, 11:09 PM
yeah i agree!!!! whenever i go to vote i refer to it as picking the least smelly "stuff" outta the pile!

huntwriter
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Thats where your mistaken. We don't HAVE to hide. You may CHOOSE to hide, and if that makes YOUR life easyier then so be it. However I WON'T hide, everyone who knows me knows that I hunt. If they don't like it then they can shove it up their arse. I have enough friends that I don't need to surround myself with people who don't understand me.

Put it this way, if you don't have the balls to stand up for what you believe in and just want to hide so that you don't attract any attention to yourself, you deserve to have your rights and freedoms taken away.
If your so scared to say your a hunter because its controversial then maybe you should think twice about BEING a hunter.

Craigchaplin this is not directed towards you specifically so don't take it that way, I'm just trying to point out the fact that if you let the activists and anti's win and have a louder voice, then you will become the loser in the end with no rights. Those activist *******s will just keep going,they will pick another group and so on.

There are obviously two trains of thought on this subject and I respect that, some people think that flying under the radar is the best thing to do and I say attack them head on, fight for what you believe in. They ruin enough things for other people, don't let the anti's ruin it for you too.

Brambles

Brambles if you run for office be sure to let me know so I can vote for you.:D You are the man, exactly how I feel about that political carbbage.:D

Brambles
01-31-2006, 11:49 PM
hehe. sounds kinda like it eh?! fair enough brambles your entitled to yer view and maybe "hide" wasnt a good word to use. All i was tryin to say is that here ,delta is where i live. you kinda have to fly under the radar being so close to the city. as most of the hunting areas are within 1000yards (duck hunting im talkin about) of someones house. And believe me i dont hide when i come out with my ducks. And i know darn well that the people who live around those areas can hear the gunshots at night. But i dont walk around showin off that thats what i do. I know its alot different in smaller towns like oliver where i go deer hunting because for some reason its not as big a deal there. which i think is how it should be. And i have no problems telling everybody i know that i hunt and quite often get into long discussions on the pros of getting yer own meat verses buying it and how much healthier it is. but here in the city i believe its a battle that cannot be won by loudly proclaiming IM A HUNTER. so i prefer to keep a low profile as much as possible and within reason. meaning i dont go out of my way to do so but try my best.

You definitly have a valid point, hunting is definitly more accepted in smaller communities. When I was moose hunting in Revelstoke this year we drove through the downtown area with a whole moose in the back of the truck looking for the meat cooler to hang it in. It was incredible, people giving us the thumbs up, mothers asking us if it was ok if she could show the moose to her kids:shock:. We were pulled over by the RCMP with code 3 lights on, guns on the front seat, he just wanted to see the moose and bullshit a little, we also had a very flamboyant old Italian guy who had a accent so thick all I could understand was "good for you, you got a big one eh" come up to the truck. We were so hungry we also went throught the drive through McDonalds and all the women were sticking there heads throught the take-out window OOOOOING and AAAAAWWWWING. One lady wanted us to take her husband out hunting because he hadn't shot a moose yet. I'm not exagerating one bit, this stuff actually happened. Not one bit of negative feedback in the whole town. Now these are my kind of people, down to earth and hard working.

Now imagine if you drove down Burrard st with a moose sticking out the back of the truck:biggrin:
I'd pay to see that mob!!!

Brambles

Islandeer
02-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Over the years I have been to numerous social gatherings which I am sure harboured more than a few people opposed to hunting. But in these friendly situations I have never been confronted with the antihunting thing. I came to the conclusion they are a bunch of cowards who just can't get along with others. Or bullies and hypocrites,closer...

craigchaplin
02-02-2006, 12:10 AM
yup! sure would!
be almost funny ta see though.
yeah wish i could live up country a bit, definitely my kind of people too. gotta stay down here though its where the work is. But yah definitely in oliver a few years back a buddy and I got a mulie and were draggin it back to the truck, a couple of locals happened by (just out fer a drive) and offered to bring it and us back to my truck. which we happily accepted. soon after we were on our way and stopped a 7 11 i think and were so excited forgot to change shirts(after dressing were fairly stained) we walked in got some drinks and sandwiches and realized when we got out to the truck no one had even looked twice at us. You do that at home some one would be calling you in in no time at all!!!
I think its more a part of life in places like that. people are raised outdoorsy hunting fishing and whatnot.

rock
02-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Coming back from the north this year we had the moose meat covered but the antlers exposed, some people as they drove by gave us the thumbs up others gave you a funny look. Best part of the trip back was stopping for gas in mission, while filling up a lady ask me if here kids could look at the antlers, of course I said go right ahead, before you knew it we had a crowd of people around admiring the antlers and touching the hair that was left on the scull plate. I was raised around this type of thing in farming so it don't bug me. When I was younger we had neighbors that would walk by our house to go to school, when we did bring game home to skin we always used are front yard due to a perfect branch on one of the trees as long as deer where hanging of that tree the lady would leave her kids at home so they wouldn't see them hanging out of the tree.