PDA

View Full Version : New top 5 White tail?

Prowler
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
A friend just emailed this to me. Sorry if its been posted allready, but its the first Ive seen of it..

Wlliams Buck

Here are some early photos of a great deer taken during the youth hunt this year. This buck was shot at a property only eight miles from where I hunt on my brother-in-law's property in Grant County. We saw a buck with 16 inch tines two years ago. It could have been him or a relative. Anyway, Grant County produces some great bucks every year. This buck green scores 203 Typical, NET, not gross. If so, this would place this buck in the top three typical all time in Wisconsin, and that includes the great Jordan Buck at 207 that was world record for decades. These pictures were taken in front of the Cabala's store in Prairie du Chien. The hunter shown in the picture a 15 year old Williams boy from Millville, WI . The deer was shot between Millville and Woodman. The buck was shot with a rifle during the youth hunt in early October. This deer has 16 inch tines. The manager at Cabala's offered him $25,000 on the spot the day the pictures were taken. Cabala's offer included making a replica set of antlers that look identical to the originals and the hunter would be able to keep the cape. The boy and his father turned down that offer. The manager then called the Cabala's headquarters in Nebraska and immediately got permission to offer the boy $61,000 for the rack. He still said no. Writers and photographers from various deer magazines descended on Wisconsin to see the deer so I'm sure you will see more about this buck in the upcoming days.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Prowler101/ATT00023.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Prowler101/ATT00020.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Prowler101/ATT00017.jpg

KB90
12-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Well I don't know about turning down $61,000!!! Thats a couple fly in trips up north :)

Prowler
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Well I don't know about turning down $61,000!!! Thats a couple fly in trips up north :)

Haha, no kidding eh? A couple fly ins, you could by a freekin plane man!!!!
I would have jumped at the $$$ and taken the replica....

KB90
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM

For sure ! It looks the same and you have the cape! If I had pictures with me and the buck, and the replica. I would be happy. Besides the buck would get a lot more attention in a cabelas than in my crappy basement suite.

Thats too much money to pass for a set of horns. IMO

BlacktailStalker
12-03-2009, 11:45 AM
He could make far more $ touring with it than he can for a one time "sold" price.
Companies will pay big bucks over the years as long as it keeps its "up there" ranking to have it as a feature at shows, events etc. Its advertising, everybody wants to see a big rack being held by a nice rack ;)

sawmill
12-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Never take the first offer especially if it`s a big outfit like cabellas,They have assloads of money.He could get a 1/4 mill for that one.Can you say "Bidding War"Lucky kid,wish I was him.

Ride
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Good on him for keeping it. I wouldn't sell it ever. There is only one original. They want to make replicas, so be it, they can have those. But to each there own.

kwasky
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I think I woulda taken the replica and the $61,000. Huge buck tho!

Ozone
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I can honestly say I wouldnt have made it to the second offer.

matt420
12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
hell know what prize is a replica man... may never shoot another buck like that one again but hes only 15 years old and in his life will mostlikely easily make more than that so i would deff keep that rack .... GOOD CHOICE BOY.... keep your rack

deerstocker
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
to many canadias lose there trophies when they give to go on tour i no of 8 people that never seen there mounts again and 5 of them the checks bounced so bewere people

huntwriter
12-05-2009, 08:47 PM
This deer has 16 inch tines. The manager at Cabala's offered him $25,000 on the spot the day the pictures were taken. Cabala's offer included making a replica set of antlers that look identical to the originals and the hunter would be able to keep the cape. The boy and his father turned down that offer. The manager then called the Cabala's headquarters in Nebraska and immediately got permission to offer the boy $61,000 for the rack.

Yep Wisconsin has some huge bucks. In my opinion it's a sleeper state that soon will be talked about a lot. Illinois has gone down in buck sizes while Iowa still remains at the top.

If Cabela's or Bass Pro would offer me that kind of money for my wall hangers I would sell them without having to think twice about.

Snuneymuxw Hunter
12-05-2009, 11:50 PM
:cry:Good on the Young Fella!
Can't wait to see how it plays out.

hunter1947
12-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Good for the boy that shot this deer ,you see money is not everything he chose to keep his trophy of a life time good for him one real true hunter for sure.

Shermdog
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Yah I wouldnt have sold that rack...well prolly not lol

Prowler
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
to many canadias lose there trophies when they give to go on tour i no of 8 people that never seen there mounts again and 5 of them the checks bounced so bewere people

Wow, thats quite a cicle of friends you have there...:neutral:
8 people with trophys big enough to go on tour?:confused:

kishman
12-07-2009, 01:35 AM
I know I'm in the minority here, mabye it's the meat hunter in me. But $61,000:shock:? In Wisconsin, that's a house on land....

stitch
12-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Wow, thats quite a cicle of friends you have there...:neutral:
8 people with trophys big enough to go on tour?:confused:

I think we need to hook up with those surrey boys prowler....:mrgreen::wink:

MikeH
12-07-2009, 10:14 AM
lol wow I would have took the 61,000 its only antlers to each his own.

Mik
12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I think the kid made a great choice. Trophy of a life time. He probably would have to give 1/2 the proceeds to the government anyways.