PDA

View Full Version : treestands

bowboy
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Just wondering how many members use climbing stands and what features about their stand they like/dislike the most.

Prowler
12-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Mine is home made. Im afraid of heights..:mrgreen:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/Prowler101/024.jpg

knockturnal
12-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I've climbed trees in friends various stands over the years and everyone is different. I enjoy walking back into the boonies and setting up shop. Lightness is a huge factor for me, that is why I am in the midst of saving for a LoneWolf climber. Expensive but light weight with a decent sized standing platform. A friend of mine has a TreeLounge and he loves it. He brings up a sleeping bag and stays the night sometimes. I've sat in it and it is very comfortable. But that might be the biggest problem. It's to comfy and you might find yourself dozing off just as the big one walks by

KevinB
12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Prowler you should market that think to Cabela's, put a little camo on it and they'd sell a million :mrgreen:

I used a tree stand for the first time this fall. It's an old climber that my Dad has. It was comfortable enough as it has a pretty thich ass pad but it uses pins to hold itself together on the tree, so it is slow and loud to set up. It also doesn't nest together very well for packing and it's a bit heavy to go very far with. But, what the heck, it still goes up the tree just fine. It also doesn't have anywhere to rest a rifle so I have to set it up just under a handy branch.

I think something that was quicker and quieter to set up would be nice.

The first evening I sat in it I had a little fork buck wandering around under me 6 yards from the base of my tree. Pretty cool.

Kirby
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I've used them in the past, will likely use them again in the future. I am not a big fan of heights so my stands are usually 8-12' up, taken deer from them several times. If you have patience they work great.

I like simple design with a quick hanger. Mine is just chain looped around the tree and hooked on, takes minutes to get it in place, and a NICE seat, your gonna be sitting on your butt for awhile you want it to be comfortable.

Kirby

lp270win
12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I use a summit viper climbing treestand. I love it. Fairly lightweight and quiet aswell. The seat is like a lazy boy in a tree. Only trouble with climbers is that its a little difficult finding a tree to accomidate one. Thats not a huge factor when hunting with a rifle, but its a litte tricky when hunting with a bow.