PDA

View Full Version : Photoshopped or real?

Bill Dance
12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Buddy e-mailed these pics to me. The claws look a little long but never got close enough to one to find out how long they get!
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh125/Bill_Dance60/Emailpicofgrizzly.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh125/Bill_Dance60/E-mailpicofgrizzly.jpg

RustyRipper
12-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Just out of hibernation maybe? maybe his claws grew all winter and he hasn't worn em down from diggin up roots and such yet. either way cool pictures, looks like a spike elk he's eating.

Steeleco
12-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Looks like a cold day, with the lack steamy breath I'd guess photoshopped.
But hell I'm no pro. I wouldn't want to be that close if I were taking the picture!!

ElkMasterC
12-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Fake.......unless it's Corn Chip Nail Tips!

landphil
12-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Just out of hibernation maybe? maybe his claws grew all winter and he hasn't worn em down from diggin up roots and such yet. either way cool pictures, looks like a spike elk he's eating.

Well, for there to be snow on the ground and antlers on that spiked elk, I say it's fall, since the antlers would more than likely be shed by the end of hibernation time. Those claws do look a little long to be real, maybe they are those jell nail extensions:wink:

PS, maybe Brambles and Rattler can offer an expert opinion?

ufishifish2
12-03-2009, 05:42 AM
I agree, the elk was probably frozen stiff all winter and now is starting to thaw out and smell good in early spring. Saw that with a dead dog in a snowbank that lasted all winter before thawing months later in the spring and attracting the predators.

hunter1947
12-03-2009, 06:06 AM
This looks like an elk spike and I would say that wolves or a cat had taken this elk or it died from the winter ,then the grizzle calmed it for himself ,pic was taken in the early months of the spring thats why the griz claws are this long.

srupp
12-03-2009, 08:54 AM
hmmm I say real....seen claws like that and have a bear on the wall with claws that long..only lighter color..seems legit..plausable..
Steven

knockturnal
12-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Looks like a cold day, with the lack steamy breath I'd guess photoshopped.
But hell I'm no pro. I wouldn't want to be that close if I were taking the picture!!

What if it was taking a breath? And not exhaleing

I have a grizzley claw that is long like that.

BiG Boar
12-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Probably a trail cam set up over the carcass? I say real. 6.5 foot mountain bear, claws look big relative to the bear, but mountain bears have longer claws usually. Looks like it could be early spring and the bear just came out of hibernation (long hair) and hasnt worn down his claws yet.

Steeleco
12-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Hence the disclaimer, "no pro!!!" :wink:

40inchtwister
12-03-2009, 09:20 AM
this is real i know for a fact

shortroot
12-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Would guess it to be fall as the alder still have leaves on them, haven't seen a lot of alder hanging on to dead green leaves in the spring...

trigger
12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah i would say this is real for sure. I do not think that those claws are to long. even if it was the fall.
This was a fall grizz. october
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/trigger22/other/grizz.png

Brambles
12-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I was emailed those pics as well, If I recall the story correctly the guy came across the kill, set up a trail camera and left the scene. The second picture was time stamped 30 minutes after he left the trail camera. I believe it was in Alberta.

rutting buck
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Yes very real I have seen grizz tracks that would accommodate those claws.Also its early fall see the older green leaves on the bushs it takes more than just a little snow to push those big fellas into a den they need all the fat they can carry.