PDA

View Full Version : TaTonka Updates ??

12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Any one have any up to date news on the Northern BC Bison Hunts?

Snow depths, Zones A and or B producing? How about current Tempertures?

Have you had any luck ? Heard of any being taken?

We leave Friday from the L/M for Zone A, my 1st Bison Draw ever ........
and I have put in every year since it began .... it's about time !

I have a good feeling on this one ........ I hope to post a good story with pics when we get back. 2 Draws.

Good luck to every one on the remainder of your seasons.

CT

d6dan
12-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Good luck to you CT and I hope you are successful..Looking forward to a great story and some pics when you get back..

bsa30-06
12-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I know former hbc member silent wolf is currently on a bison hunt.I forget where he said his draw was but i haven't heard from him for a few weeks so i hope he is just being choosy and not having a hard time finding them.

tomahawk
12-02-2009, 10:53 PM
I know former hbc member silent wolf is currently on a bison hunt.I forget where he said his draw was but i haven't heard from him for a few weeks so i hope he is just being choosy and not having a hard time finding them.

Just left there Sunday. "B" is a way tougher hunt compared to "A" this year. "B" has only 2 small herds left at Trimble Lake and Marion Lake and they were getting hammered by most of the hunters at the airstrip and the outfitters. "A" has several herds spread throughout it.

trigger
12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey curly top, good luck on your adventure. Enjoy every moment of it. Just remember your there for a good time. dont let the petty things get inyour way.
I cant wait to hear the storeys and see the pictures.
Your going to have a blast

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
12-03-2009, 05:46 AM
hey curly top there are bison being taken in zone A but it is very busy up here!! there is about 2 feet of snow with most of the trails being hard packed..sleds are what they guys are using, careful of the over heating of your sled lots of problems with that.

any more questions give me a pm cheers jamie

hunter1947
12-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Good luck on your bison hunt CT will be looking forward to your story and pic ,they are there its just a matter of finding them.

If you have to pay a few bucks in order to hunt someones land DO IT http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

You go that far and a few dollars from you and your partners is nothing compared to what this trip will coast you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

Fraink
12-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Good luck! My son and I will be arriving dec 14 for his draw starting the 16th. Looking forward to more pics and stories.
Fraink

12-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks Guys for the encouragement, and I do hope I have some pic's and story for you. I hope it's not a gong show as we are hunting the dates with the most tags available. Were hard working guys though, so we'll give er.
Any other advice is appreciated. I hope I'm starting a new trhread when we get back ......... TaTonka DOWN ! X2

CT

One Shot
12-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Unfortunately I have heard that he was unsucessful.

partner
12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Just got back from Zone A Tatonka less. They were there though. Hope you have trail sleds, they are best, no over heating problems. Both my sleds overheated and they have scratchers. You can't go to fast on the trails. No need to pay the trespass fee unless you only have quads. Successful hunters were getting sleds thru the brush and up into the hills to their animals. It was an all day affair, getting bison off the mountain. Taking a few friends with you, will help. Most hunters had a few friends come along to enjoy the whole Bison hunt experience! Snow machines allow you to go beyond the NO motorized vehicle signs, and away from the quad hunters and into less hunted buffalo! You can run into them anywhere along the trail as well. Good luck and straight shooting. Dress warm we had 2 days minus 27. Talk to Jamie at the Pink Mountain Motor Lodge, lots of tips for you and a nice warm shop to fix equipment when it needs fixing!

44inchStone
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey Partner,

Didn't realize that you could go past the no motorized vehicle sign with sleds?? Maybe because I thought they were still classed as motorized. sounds like "wheeled" and "Motorized" may fall into different categories. Will have to do some more research in the future. Congrats to all who have been successful. These are certainly tough to connect on later in the season.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
ya area A is real busy with lots of hunters and Jim Shockey's crew hunting and filming the temp here is -9 and snowing hard,this snow should help push them back down from the hills.

eaglesj
12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Upcoming forecast is snow and -25 to -30 weather. I can't wait to leave.

mudbud
12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Can't wait either, we will be seeing Jamie on Wednesday to start our search.....

IPA
12-09-2009, 07:14 PM
One more bison down on sunday. Just got home so will post pics and story soon.:mrgreen:

trigger
12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
One more bison down on sunday. Just got home so will post pics and story soon.:mrgreen:

Right on right on looking forward to another buffalo post.:-D:-D:-D:-D

ultramafic
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Partner,

Didn't realize that you could go past the no motorized vehicle sign with sleds?? Maybe because I thought they were still classed as motorized. sounds like "wheeled" and "Motorized" may fall into different categories. Will have to do some more research in the future. Congrats to all who have been successful. These are certainly tough to connect on later in the season.

Yes the snow machines are allowed to go further than quads are... As far as I could tell there was no restrictions on where a snow mobile could go but there may be a weight restriction on the machine itself check the regs to be certain.

mike

partner
12-10-2009, 02:16 PM
500 kg weight max. Unless you are FN, then pickups are fine!

Chironomid_16
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Tatonka Down on friday dec 11th, will post story and pics soon, if I can figure out how to, any help posting pics could you please pm me!

12-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Got back Friday ......
Check out Ta tonka x 2 in mainland section .....gidddy upppp !

CT