PDA

View Full Version : Snow levels in Dawson Peace region

xtremearchery
12-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Just wondering how the snow level is up in the Dawson Creek area. We have 3 antlerless elk draws coming up. Any reports from here on in would be great! PM me from time to time if you can.

srupp
12-01-2009, 11:36 AM
yes any info on the snow levels would be appreciated so we can try for some gret elk action...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

oops

steven

elkdom
12-01-2009, 11:55 AM
yes any info on the snow levels would be appreciated so we can try for some gret elk action...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

oops

steven

yesterday morning at 8;20 am I watched a long line of Migrating Elk crossing a quarter section of land, they stretched from one side of the field to the other, all lined up tail to nose,it took about 20 minutes for the entire herd to cross that open field the snow is about 24 inches deep in that particular area, but difficult to navigate when it comes to walking, for man or beast. as the snow has several layers of ice. from melting and freezing , plus a couple of recent light rain falls which made more layers of ice , there was about 140 Elk I counted as they walked slowly across that field, unfortunately they were heading to a farm about 2 klms away which is located in Alberta, there they find forage in unharvested fields of grain,,, they may be back in BC this winter, they may not,,,

ape
12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I was in Chetwynd hunting deer on Sunday and the snow was just below the knee. Apparently it had melted some as it was mid thigh a week or so ago.

Jetboat
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Was out on the sled for chart change this morning (Brrr...-27C) north of Fort St. John. Snow depth up there is about 18" to a couple feet in spots. Lots of bull elk out & about and moose everywhere.