PDA

View Full Version : BEST muley bow hunt ever

mgnm300
11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Well this past weekend had to be one of the most boring and the most exciting bow hunts i have ever done. it started sat morning at 8:35 am sitting in a pop-up blind till 3:45 pm.
it had snowed all day and the reason i chose to sit in the blind all day (wished i brought a book). now the reason i chose a blind was that i had discovered a lick the previous weekend scouting and clearing the trails preparing for this weekend's bowhunt. it seemed every time i had passed this spot there was either a buck or doe in it wether it was a whitey or muley.
well that day it wasn't till around 1 pm that 5 muley does showed up of which two had gone to the lick. naturally i got excited and thought it could only get better from here. i checked my watch at 2:30 pm last and next thing i woke up at 3 pm looking at a muley buck in the lick,,,dam!!!
it was then that i had realized i set up my blind in the wrong spot. i was about 30 yrds from the lick but thought i had to conceal the blind so it would be less obvious , mistake!! so that afternoon before i left i moved my blind right onto the trail being the only spot that would offer me a shot should the oppertunity arise.
day two i arrived at my blind at 8:30 am. it stopped snowing the night before and the sun was starting to shine. i wasn't in my blind for more than ten mins and had muleys moving all around me. a huge two point muley was even 50 yrds beside me but nothing came to the lick. the way i was set up the only shot i had was if something came to the lick so all i could do was watch.
by 9:30 everything disappeared. 11:00 am came and i was beginning to think it was going to be another long day was thinking of getting out. but thought i should stay at least another hour. ten minutes later around the corner comes this 3 point muley that had visited the lick the day before that i woke up to watching. after about 3 mins later i took the shot and be damned if i was lucky to watch him run past my blind in behind and out the side window and saw him go down!
that was one of my biggest rush bowhunting since i have never hunted muleys out of a blind. he's not a big buck but a great buck. i never thought that one could hunt muleys out of a blind but having something like the lick was definitley worth the effort.
here is the pic of the end result

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/bowbuck.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=16571&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=1052)

i thought i'd add this self made video of my reaction on this hunt. i know that many of you have gone thru the same thing, just not very many have exposed themselves. this is really funny that i even howled at myself after looking at it. i figured you guys could get a laugh as well cause it really shows how one reacts from a successful hunt
WARNING!! some language might not be suitable for young viewers,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPXhf5LQI0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMKYn-Ix3E

knockturnal
11-30-2009, 10:30 PM
right on! congrats on your buck. what type of blind were you using?

doubled
11-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Awesome, well worth the wait. Good job.

mgnm300
11-30-2009, 10:33 PM
just a two man pop-up from eastman i believe

knockturnal
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
i might have to invest in one of those bad boys. was never really sure of them but i might jsut try it out.

Prowler
11-30-2009, 10:45 PM
sitting on my home made ground level treestand today, I was wishing I was in a blind. It was windy and coooold!!:confused: Nice buck, way to go with the bow... I wanna try the bow next year in this spot..

hunter1947
12-01-2009, 06:20 AM
Nice to see a bow deer pic on the forum ,there far and few between ,nice buck with a bow ,congrats to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

mgnm300
12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
hope ya have a good laugh

pupper
12-03-2009, 09:57 AM
awesome, nice video work! Nice BUCK!

xtremearchery
12-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Wow!!! Awesome job! Quartering away... perfect shot. 30 yards? Looks about that distance. Any kill with a bow is a trophy! Nice buck.

Kody94
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Great stuff. That was way more "quartering" than I'd be comfortable with, but good on ya for making the shot! The vid was entertaining. :)

Phil
12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
You were definitely pumped! I couldn't help but to be happy for ya and laugh along with you. Congrats on a nice buck.

behemoth
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
hahaha ....great video! I've been there talking to myself just like that before. Congrats!!

Hank Hunter
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Great buck, so cool video, I could feel your excitement. Congrats

coach
12-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Great job on the buck and the video!

BlacktailStalker
12-03-2009, 11:05 AM
lol that was good, nice buck congrats on the bow kill :)

RustyRipper
12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Nice buck! I was trying to see the arrow fly in the video but it's too quick, nice shot. was this on a game farm? your second video has the title gamefarm bowhunting, not sure why. either way great job, i feel your excitement.

Jagermeister
12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Any buc with a bow is a nice buck. As SSSTR said, it was a little more of a quartering shot than I would have liked, but hey, you were comfortable with it.
The question I would like to ask is how did your second vid end up in a game farm heading?

mgnm300
12-03-2009, 12:43 PM
lol,,the game farm name is what my partner and i call our area since we never know if we're gonna see either a whitey or a muley since they are both around . we strictly bow hunt there because there is some private land involved which we have permission to hunt plus we believe that it might be part of the wintering grounds.

kennyj
12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Awesome bow buck! Well done.Love the vid.
kenny