PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter

wayneec
11-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks to all the positive feed back and im sorry to make anyone mad i was not asking to give out your secret spot i have my own just like anyone else. i do know the ropes of hunting i have hunted with my father for 20 years but he past away 6 years ago and i am just learning on my own now and taking the stuff i have learned from him. today would have been his bday so i went out today and rattled in a 2 point and a 4x2 i would like to get a bigger one so i will just pound the pavement a little more also seen the biggest 3 pointer i have ever seen about 3 inches either side of his ears thanks to all good luck hunting

husky30-06
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
hey chin up dude...... see if you can make it to the vernon meet and greet, that will help your case. ALso, good to see you went out and were able to see and experience a good day of hunting.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

ElkMasterC
11-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Dude, no-one's mad. Just that people work really hard to get their deer, and to get a spot that they consider "theirs". it seems that all too frequently people come in with less than a handful of posts and ask "Where can I go shoot a huge deer?"
The answer will always be the same. Cultivate friendships, take it slow, do your homework, wear out some boots...
All will be well.

Steeleco
11-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Sounds like your off to a good re-start. Look forward to maybe a spring bear hunt and you'll learn how to navigate some new country that won't be new come Sept!!