PDA

View Full Version : Northern BC Hunting

boris71
11-28-2009, 10:35 PM
I live in Fort St. John and I was wondering if anyone on this website lives or hunts in this area.

elkdom
11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I heard Ft St John is a ghost town,:neutral: no one has a life there!:wink:

Jetboat
11-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Although I don't live in town, I live in the area. Hell, I'm hunting right now as I'm typing and watching muleys walk out of the trees into my pasture.

tayleoscar
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
hey boris find any muleys yet?

Blainer
11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
I hunt 1/2 hour east from there.
At least 1 trip a year,sometimes 2,or at least when the deer population was huge it was 2.
I believe you are another moose short this year.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/100_0370.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=15434&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=6747&sl=b)

d6dan
11-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Although I don't live in town, I live in the area. Hell, I'm hunting right now as I'm typing and watching muleys walk out of the trees into my pasture.

What?. multitasking?. :confused:

boris71
11-29-2009, 09:57 AM
hey boris find any muleys yet?

No nothing yet, pretty much have given up for this year.

boris71
11-29-2009, 10:00 AM

Hope you get something, it has been a poor year for me I must say.

Mik
11-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Come on Boris, Ft.St.John and nothing in the freezer? whats up with that?

elkdom
11-29-2009, 12:52 PM
No nothing yet, pretty much have given up for this year.

gee's budy! I have probably been within shooting distance of well over 200 deer( whities, mulies and both bucks and does) during the Nov deer season in Reg 7-20, and still havent been exited enough over any buck so far to squeeze the trigger,,, one more day and its deer tags for fire starter,,, I feel your pain,,,:confused:

boris71
11-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I have seen deer but nothing that makes me want to pull the trigger. I was holding out for a monster mulie. Still have not got one yet. Maybe next year. I have shot a whitey that has made the B.C. book so I have to hold out until I see a bigger one than the one that is on the wall.

boris71
11-29-2009, 02:52 PM
gee's budy! I have probably been within shooting distance of well over 200 deer( whities, mulies and both bucks and does) during the Nov deer season in Reg 7-20, and still havent been exited enough over any buck so far to squeeze the trigger,,, one more day and its deer tags for fire starter,,, I feel your pain,,,:confused:

Hey Elkdom

thanks for the sympathy. lol Not sure if it is me or what but the past few years it seems like the bigger ones are getting harder and harder to find. Alot less deer up this way also. What is your take on it?

elkdom
11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Hey Elkdom

thanks for the sympathy. lol Not sure if it is me or what but the past few years it seems like the bigger ones are getting harder and harder to find. Alot less deer up this way also. What is your take on it?

most Novembers during deer season we have minus-25-30 or colder temperatures, this years sucks, warm weather lots of feed, when the deer feed longer because of extreme temps, you see more deer, this year they just laze around, herds of does, small a$$ bucks, haven't seen a muley buck over 160 since September, locally the white tails are just starting to really rock for the rut, and Nov 30 is last day, go figure,,, lots of road kills at night though!:-?, the bright moon and snow covered fields gives the deer lots of incentive to move at night, daytime you cant stir them up till you kick them in the a$$ and almost step on them in thick cover,:-|

bridger
11-29-2009, 08:58 PM
i live in charlie lake if you want to chat seriously send me a pm bridger

bear buster
11-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I am from Dawson Creek and we to have noticed lack of deer, well at least decent bucks, I was forturnate enough to be out with the kids and got a nice 4x4 mule, around the 160 mark, and a whitetail, 145 mark. Took kids out to kiskatinaw area to a hill for some sledding, seen the biggest buck all yaer nice even 5x5 close to 175 maybe a touch bigger:( no tag! and camrea at house!

boris71
12-01-2009, 09:34 PM
I am from Dawson Creek and we to have noticed lack of deer, well at least decent bucks, I was forturnate enough to be out with the kids and got a nice 4x4 mule, around the 160 mark, and a whitetail, 145 mark. Took kids out to kiskatinaw area to a hill for some sledding, seen the biggest buck all yaer nice even 5x5 close to 175 maybe a touch bigger:( no tag! and camrea at house!

Isn't that the way it always is. lol Do you have any pics of your deer? I would sure like to see them. Do you hunt on farmland down there or out on crown land? I do a bit of both. I got my big whitey which was on farmland which was surprising, never thought He was around until I got him on my trail cam. I think next year I might have to hunt further north and on crown land, farmland is getting pretty crowded, this year it was that is for sure.

BCHunterFSJ
12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes Boris, there are a few of us out here....
No big bucks for me either this year!

boris71
12-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Yes Boris, there are a few of us out here....
No big bucks for me either this year!

Were you successful on moose or elk this year?

daycort
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
It was not a great season for me this year for deer either. I don't mind eating tags, I filled my freezer with moose and wild chickens.

I cover alot of ground with my job. From Kiskatinaw area around Farmington Buick Creek area and Baldonnel area. It as mild not very cold giving them no need to feed like crazy to stay warm and the food in the bush was very good for them thanks to our july rains this year. Where I did some walking in the bush snow levels were not that bad and nice and lite and good for pawing.

We did do a couple of pushes through some ravines on some good crown land looking for a nice bush buck and it did work, put not anything we were looking for.

Jetboat
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Nope Boris, didn't dump a buck this year. Decided to go big or go home. My partner & I both passed on a 160 class muley during the last hour of the season. Maybe he'll live and be a trophy next year...? Passed up a few decent whitetails too. Was a great season anyway.

hunter1947
12-03-2009, 07:04 AM
I heard Ft St John is a ghost town,:neutral: no one has a life there!:wink:

Elkdome LOL who are you trying to kid yourself or the HBC members wish I could live in that area http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

BCHunterFSJ
12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Were you successful on moose or elk this year?

Yes, got a 6X6 elk.

4point&over
12-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Check out the thread "Bonanza 3" on the VI Forum... Someone was successful in Fort St.John

bakerrob
12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Just moved out of town. Red Creek area and am hoping not to waste my LEH for anterless Elk this year.

wlbc
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I go up past FSJ every fall for Moose and/or Elk. Tough year this year although I did knock over a nice spike bull.

dukester
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
I live in Fort St. John and I was wondering if anyone on this website lives or hunts in this area.

i did for 15 yrs.. still have friends up there if you need a hand with anything. let me know. The Salinas Clan are still there great family friends. and if you want to hunting or fishing they will take care of you.. pm me if you need . corey.

Goliath
12-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Boris from PVOSB ?