PDA

View Full Version : Packers...???

yukon john
11-28-2009, 05:32 PM
How many guys have hired a packer on a northern hunt? did it go well? not so well? any info helps. I know a lot of them have been bought out by outfitters but there is still a few around any one I should check out? Any info helps, I would like to do a hunt with a couple friends and dad one fall for moose elk bou sheep the usual. No real priority animals just want a opportunity to get back in the hills with a good pack outfit. thanks for any info. YJ

Devilbear
11-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I went with one on a single trip as I had wanted to book for that year with a GO who is now retired, but, he was booked and could not take me. I was totally disgusted by this sleazeball and I would never consider going with him again...and others have told me of their poor experiences with him since my trip.

Some of the GOs offer "transporting" services to res. hunters, but, remember that they are not likely to take you into their finest sheep country, either. In their place, I would not do this as the sheep are big bux and why would they want a res. to shoot a "cranker" ram that some Yankee will pay 40K to "hunt" and put on his den wall to impress his fat buddies.

I would look at the better GOs first and see what "Stone Mountain", "Tuchodi Outfitters" and "High and Wild" may have to offer. These outfits USED to and may still offer special hunts for we "resident-peasants" that are not "guided" by some adolescent from Alberta or Saskachewan and while you hunt on your own, they supply camp, wrangler and pack out your game....the most practical option, IMHO.

GoatGuy
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Call Stan at Blue Creek. I'm sure you've got lots of experience with ponies.

yukon john
11-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I read his book about riding from ft st john to the pacific, he must be a hell of a man also he has the record stone for pope and young. Heard of a packer out of toad river anyone know him (not stone mtn safaris)

Devilbear
11-28-2009, 07:35 PM
I am a bit confused here, given your "sig line", are you not a guide?

I doubt that anyone here will post specific info. on a given packer as it could result in action for defamation and who needs the legal bills? I think that one can figure out who is what by "reading between the lines", if you follow me.............

I would like to SEE a decent "transporter" industry, but, so far, Kevin here is the only one I would trust and my experiences have made me very skeptical about some others.

I would at least check with various GOs and see what they have to offer, you might find exactly what you want.

willy442
11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
I went with one on a single trip as I had wanted to book for that year with a GO who is now retired, but, he was booked and could not take me. I was totally disgusted by this sleazeball and I would never consider going with him again...and others have told me of their poor experiences with him since my trip.

Some of the GOs offer "transporting" services to res. hunters, but, remember that they are not likely to take you into their finest sheep country, either. In their place, I would not do this as the sheep are big bux and why would they want a res. to shoot a "cranker" ram that some Yankee will pay 40K to "hunt" and put on his den wall to impress his fat buddies.

I would look at the better GOs first and see what "Stone Mountain", "Tuchodi Outfitters" and "High and Wild" may have to offer. These outfits USED to and may still offer special hunts for we "resident-peasants" that are not "guided" by some adolescent from Alberta or Saskachewan and while you hunt on your own, they supply camp, wrangler and pack out your game....the most practical option, IMHO.

I find it odd, you are recommending an American owned outfit. Or did you not know Stone Mountain is owned by a group from the good old USA?:???:

Gateholio
11-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Regardless of the nationality of Stone Mtn Safaris owners, I have found them to be first class people, the type that I'm happy to have as G/O's in BC.

Earlier this year I spent about 10 days at their ranch under somewhat unfortunate circumstances (not unfortunate hunting circumstances :mrgreen:) -The circumstances are a long story- and they treated me like family.

They do offer some hunting experiences for residents at reduced rates, but it's dependent on availability, from what I understand. I think they get booked up by higher paying guests pretty quick, not surprising, as it seems to be one of BC's top outfits.

Gateholio
11-28-2009, 10:04 PM

We rented horses and an outfit from Stan a few years ago. He's not a packer, but rents gear and horses and provides good training. He delivers the outfit to the trailhead.,and gets you sorted out.

Since he isn't a packer, when you hit the trailhead, you are on your own- Which is fine for anyone with even a bit of horse experience, as his training is pretty good and he trains all his own horses, so they are mostly well behaved- they spend all summer on "trail rides" so they know what the drill is...

I learned more on that trip about packing horses than I have ever learned before,and ended up more comfortable on horses than ever before, although I certainly wasn't' new to horses...It was a great trip. I'd certainly rent his horses again if I ever got off my ass and put a trip together.

waistdeep
11-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Stan is top drawer but he is not a guide or outfitter. His horses are bomb proof and he sends you out on the right note. Best deal around in my opinion.

willy442
11-29-2009, 01:28 AM
Regardless of the nationality of Stone Mtn Safaris owners, I have found them to be first class people, the type that I'm happy to have as G/O's in BC.

Earlier this year I spent about 10 days at their ranch under somewhat unfortunate circumstances (not unfortunate hunting circumstances :mrgreen:) -The circumstances are a long story- and they treated me like family.

They do offer some hunting experiences for residents at reduced rates, but it's dependent on availability, from what I understand. I think they get booked up by higher paying guests pretty quick, not surprising, as it seems to be one of BC's top outfits.

You would find the same at most any hunting camp. The owners are normal human beings even if from across the line as you found out.

Devilbear
11-29-2009, 10:45 AM
My experience in dealing with Leif Olsen was just after he and his partner, bought SM from Dave Wiens, this was in early 2005, IIRC. I phoned to enquire about hunts for residents and he was both very polite and receptive and sent me a brochure, which I may still have among my papers.

My buddy and I then went on a trip from Vancity to Prince, then to Terrace, Stewart, Dease, Muncho, Nelly and south then into Alberta. I mentioned this to Leif in the call and he invited us to stay at their " bed and breakfast", which I would have, however, my buddy wanted to stay in Nelly. My impression of the Olsens is like Gate's, very nice people and legal landed-immigrants who may now be Canadian citizens.

Barry Thompkins of "High and Wild" IS a Canadian and has an outstanding reputation in the hunting industry; while his business may have some American investment, it is still a Canadian firm and he did and may still offer the sort of "transporter" services to which I referred.

Larry Warren of "Tuchodi Outfitters" was very pleasant to me on the phone and he did offer exactly the sort of "transporter" situations I wanted, but, my buddy did not want to go and I am not going to go alone, shoot a Moose or Elk and then lose the bulk of the meat to a Grizzly due to being inable to backpack it all out quickly. I have no idea if Larry was/is a native Canuck or not, but, he was very highly recommended by the wife of a head guide for Barry and I would trust her word on this.

The facts are that some Americans have immigrated to BC as have some Germans, etc. and have legally entered the GO industry; these people LIVE HERE all year, obtain Canadian citizenship and at that point, they have the same rights as any among us. The foreign ownership issue is a separate one to this and dragging it in here hardly assists the OP, but, then, that is not the purpose behind doing so........

I am merely suggesting here, that one of the three GO's I mentioned might be the best over-all option for a group who wants to hunt that area as the logistics are much more simple and I would think that you can make a contractual agreement with them that will keep both you and them happy.

With the US economy where it is, I suspect that many GOs will be dammed glad to have resident's patronage and, as their quotas are reduced and they WILL be, such arrangements will benefit all concerned.

I had a really interesting offer from an EK GO a couple of years ago and may well make a contract with him for "unguided" hunting in a year or two. There is "more than one way to skin a cat"...........

bridger
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
there are four licensed transporters in region 7b. three horse outfits and one river boat transporter. pm me if you would like more details.

GoatGuy
11-29-2009, 10:07 PM
We rented horses and an outfit from Stan a few years ago. He's not a packer, but rents gear and horses and provides good training. He delivers the outfit to the trailhead.,and gets you sorted out.

Since he isn't a packer, when you hit the trailhead, you are on your own- Which is fine for anyone with even a bit of horse experience, as his training is pretty good and he trains all his own horses, so they are mostly well behaved- they spend all summer on "trail rides" so they know what the drill is...

I learned more on that trip about packing horses than I have ever learned before,and ended up more comfortable on horses than ever before, although I certainly wasn't' new to horses...It was a great trip. I'd certainly rent his horses again if I ever got off my ass and put a trip together.

That was the point.

If I wanted to rent horses I'd go with him - then you aren't 'restricted' to a packers area and you can hunt wherever you want. All in all a good deal. :wink:

Gateholio
11-29-2009, 11:01 PM
That was the point.

If I wanted to rent horses I'd go with him - then you aren't 'restricted' to a packers area and you can hunt wherever you want. All in all a good deal. :wink:

Yeah, good point...You rent the outfit and go where you like...Packers are restricted to thier turf. It's a good deal!:wink:

bridger
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Barry tompkins purchased the transporter license originally alloted to robert york and has offfered hunts to residents for a long time and does not have separate camps for residents and non residents. he treats residents equal to his non resident clients. Larry Warren on the tuchodi also offers transporter services to residents and is a canadian from fort st john.

My experience in dealing with Leif Olsen was just after he and his partner, bought SM from Dave Wiens, this was in early 2005, IIRC. I phoned to enquire about hunts for residents and he was both very polite and receptive and sent me a brochure, which I may still have among my papers.

My buddy and I then went on a trip from Vancity to Prince, then to Terrace, Stewart, Dease, Muncho, Nelly and south then into Alberta. I mentioned this to Leif in the call and he invited us to stay at their " bed and breakfast", which I would have, however, my buddy wanted to stay in Nelly. My impression of the Olsens is like Gate's, very nice people and legal landed-immigrants who may now be Canadian citizens.

Barry Thompkins of "High and Wild" IS a Canadian and has an outstanding reputation in the hunting industry; while his business may have some American investment, it is still a Canadian firm and he did and may still offer the sort of "transporter" services to which I referred.

Larry Warren of "Tuchodi Outfitters" was very pleasant to me on the phone and he did offer exactly the sort of "transporter" situations I wanted, but, my buddy did not want to go and I am not going to go alone, shoot a Moose or Elk and then lose the bulk of the meat to a Grizzly due to being inable to backpack it all out quickly. I have no idea if Larry was/is a native Canuck or not, but, he was very highly recommended by the wife of a head guide for Barry and I would trust her word on this.

The facts are that some Americans have immigrated to BC as have some Germans, etc. and have legally entered the GO industry; these people LIVE HERE all year, obtain Canadian citizenship and at that point, they have the same rights as any among us. The foreign ownership issue is a separate one to this and dragging it in here hardly assists the OP, but, then, that is not the purpose behind doing so........

I am merely suggesting here, that one of the three GO's I mentioned might be the best over-all option for a group who wants to hunt that area as the logistics are much more simple and I would think that you can make a contractual agreement with them that will keep both you and them happy.

With the US economy where it is, I suspect that many GOs will be dammed glad to have resident's patronage and, as their quotas are reduced and they WILL be, such arrangements will benefit all concerned.

I had a really interesting offer from an EK GO a couple of years ago and may well make a contract with him for "unguided" hunting in a year or two. There is "more than one way to skin a cat"...........

Devilbear
11-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Well, there is another comment that verifies my point, there are GOs in some of BC's best hunting areas who offer "transporter" services to we residents. The benefit to using their services that I can see, is that, while they obviously will not take you into their finest sheep country and will restrict where in their area you hunt, depending on the terms of your contract with them, (this is direct personal experience talking), you WILL be with one of the top professionals in a given region.

I know of situations with certain transporters, again by direct experience, that makes me VERY hesitant to ever go with one again and my preference would be to have a GO, such as Larry Warren, pack my own camping gear and supplies into an area and I will take it from there. I hope to do a few more of these trips before I get too old and have all the gear to do it in comfort.

boxhitch
11-30-2009, 06:14 AM
........but there is still a few around any one I should check out? Any info helps, ........ YJFirst that comes to mind for me is Jeff Brown at Steamboat Mountain Outfitters. A packer in the true sense, works in a decent area. Personally, I haven't used him but have no reservations about him.
Other in the regs is Tetsa River outfitters,
Both these guys are in business after a lot of years, that says something.

Busterbrown
11-30-2009, 07:34 AM
I used Tetsa River 2 years ago. The trip was fantastic as they were terrific folks to deal with and had very nice horses. They pack you in to camp and provide accomodation and food. They also pack your game when you get something. I highly recommend them and plan to use them again

11-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Well it's been a while now.
I hired Jeff owner of Steamboat Mnt. Outfitters also in 1991, 93, and 95.
Good packer, can deliver you to nice Elk, Moose and sheep area. He uses horses, really knows what he's doing.
Also hired Guy Scott in 2003 when he owned Riverjet. New owner Kevin I hear is very good at what he does too. They can deliver you to good Moose, Elk and Sheep area's.
These trips are good for hunters that still want to bust their balls for their game. Nothing comes for free, including rewarding hunting experiences with packers.
I would not hesitate to hire either of the 2 I have mentioned again, if I could only afford to do it more often.
CT

bridger
11-30-2009, 08:38 AM
do you know for sure if larry offers drop camp services. ie you take your own gear and he packs you to a spot and leaves you on your own or does he have someone accompany you? also as a note of interest all guide outfitters in the province are required to offer transporter services to residents. that ws part of the agreement between the bcwf, goabc, moe, and the transporters when transporters were licensed in 7b. if you contact a g/o for transporter services and are refused you should report the incident to the moe in victoria.

Well, there is another comment that verifies my point, there are GOs in some of BC's best hunting areas who offer "transporter" services to we residents. The benefit to using their services that I can see, is that, while they obviously will not take you into their finest sheep country and will restrict where in their area you hunt, depending on the terms of your contract with them, (this is direct personal experience talking), you WILL be with one of the top professionals in a given region.

I know of situations with certain transporters, again by direct experience, that makes me VERY hesitant to ever go with one again and my preference would be to have a GO, such as Larry Warren, pack my own camping gear and supplies into an area and I will take it from there. I hope to do a few more of these trips before I get too old and have all the gear to do it in comfort.

Devilbear
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Good question, speaking from memory and it is 3-4 years ago, it seems to me that he offered a jetboat into Tuchodi Lakes and various other methods of entry to his area. I could well be mistaken and I cannot find my hunting papers as everything is packed away as we had basement flooding and are now doing repairs.

I will just call him and ask what he offers, maybe for next season, depending on my finances after Christmas. I really prefer a straight "drop camp" where I supply all my own grub, camp and gear and look after myself, however, I am a novice with horses and might pay for a wrangler to pack any animal that a geezer like me can still see to shoot.......

I have never been to Tuchodi and want to go there and camp for awhile, so, I might just fly in on my own and spend a couple of weeks in peace and quiet before hunting season commences.

bridger
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
if you want a straight drop camp but without horses call kevin willis riverjet adventures. he drops guys off with his jet boat for do it your self camps and hunts. the scenery around tuchodi lakes is spectacular, but the best elk hunting is down the river several miles.

anglo-saxon
01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
The facts are that some Americans have immigrated to BC as have some Germans, etc. and have legally entered the GO industry; these people LIVE HERE all year, obtain Canadian citizenship and at that point, they have the same rights as any among us.

Actually not quite true as I recently found out in one case in particualr. When trying to track down one outfitter, my hunting partner eventually got a call through and found the guy back in Texas at his permanent residence (and ranch).

I've yet to meet a Texan that didn't have more mouth than a cow's got (uh) udder. The chance of me ever going into the bush for 10 days with one is slim to nil. Plus they are damend expensive compared to others.

iron sights
01-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Every body seems to have good things to say about Stan and for good reasons. I used his horses on 5 trips now. This last year a group of us went in to Touchodi lake from Tetsa, had a great hunt till the folks from Touchodi outfitters called down the CO's saying that what Stan does is illegal packing. They held him and his rig up in Ft.Nelson for three days and he missed hi next set of clients. He's getting pinched out by the big outfitters that bought up most of the packing liscences. When guys like him quit fighting then guys like us will loose big. Wonder if there's anything that can be done to help.

safarichris
01-28-2010, 08:14 AM
if you want a straight drop camp but without horses call kevin willis riverjet adventures. he drops guys off with his jet boat for do it your self camps and hunts. the scenery around tuchodi lakes is spectacular, but the best elk hunting is down the river several miles.
You nailed that one on the head bridger. You can still get a fifty -five inch moose, six-point Elk and more G.bears than I have ever seen. You just have to know where to go ''down river.''

01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I went with Robert York in the Gathto twice, had real good hunts both times, got our sheep both times, good gear and camps, tons of elk. Since we were experienced with horses he just sort of gave us the horses and turned us loose, we had a wrangler with us but we all helped, can get on the trail alot quicker with three guys packing compared to just one. He had a couple of pretty ranchy horses at that time, for experienced horse guys they were OK, but would have been tough to handle for dudes. One trip was the first one of the season and the horses were fat and out of shape, but that didn't really create a problem. Barry Tompkins now owns that outfit. Top notch game country in the upper reaches of that valley.

I also went up the Muskwa with Guy Scott once. That was purely a sheep only backpack hunt and he just dropped us off on the riverbank and away we went on our own. That was a very good trip as well and we got one really good ram.

I've also heard lots of good things about Jeff Brown, only met him once, but he seemed like a very nice fellow.

Devilbear
01-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Every body seems to have good things to say about Stan and for good reasons. I used his horses on 5 trips now. This last year a group of us went in to Touchodi lake from Tetsa, had a great hunt till the folks from Touchodi outfitters called down the CO's saying that what Stan does is illegal packing. They held him and his rig up in Ft.Nelson for three days and he missed hi next set of clients. He's getting pinched out by the big outfitters that bought up most of the packing liscences. When guys like him quit fighting then guys like us will loose big. Wonder if there's anything that can be done to help.

This is both interesting and very disturbing, it seems as though they still think that they and their Yankee clients have some special "claim" to the best hunting in BC. This is the same old story that has gone on in that region for decades and the best way to fight back is to just tell them that it is time to BAN all foreign hunting in BC.

IF, a GO EVER even tried to screw up a hunt I was on, my reaction would be utterly ruthless and as destructive to his business as I could make it. I have the "education", financial resources, time, health and determination to conduct a campaign to advocate BC citizen's hunting in BC ONLY and I kinda think that such a person would live to regret his behaviour.

This kind of crap happens, BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT TO and, if and when we DEMAND our rights, we will prevent such unacceptable behaviour by GOs...or, maybe, just put them out of business, permanently.

budismyhorse
01-28-2010, 12:15 PM

Iron Sights.....there has to be way more to this story.....was Stan or a wrangler with you in the group?

Otherwise, if it is just you and a group of your friends, with a bunch of rented horses and tack, Warrens group wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If you had a wrangler or Stan in your group......the optics would suggest he was packing ..........no?

budismyhorse
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
This is both interesting and very disturbing, it seems as though they still think that they and their Yankee clients have some special "claim" to the best hunting in BC. This is the same old story that has gone on in that region for decades and the best way to fight back is to just tell them that it is time to BAN all foreign hunting in BC.

IF, a GO EVER even tried to screw up a hunt I was on, my reaction would be utterly ruthless and as destructive to his business as I could make it. I have the "education", financial resources, time, health and determination to conduct a campaign to advocate BC citizen's hunting in BC ONLY and I kinda think that such a person would live to regret his behaviour.

This kind of crap happens, BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT TO and, if and when we DEMAND our rights, we will prevent such unacceptable behaviour by GOs...or, maybe, just put them out of business, permanently.

DB, did you contact Warren to see if he'd drop camp you in his territory?

Gateholio
01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I
If you had a wrangler or Stan in your group......the optics would suggest he was packing ..........no?

Stan is very aware of "optics" and does not offer services a packer will. He doens't saddle your horse, put up your camp, cook or clean or chop wood or go find your horses in the morning, hunt with you, guide you or anything else.

Actually, that brings up a question- I wonder if it's actually even legal for a hunter to hire a wrangler to care for your own horses while you hunted? Actually, I will make that into a thread.:mrgreen:

01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Back to topic, J.B. of Steamboat is a very good packer. We were very satisfied every time we've used him (3). Beautiful country, but has never been willing to do a drop camp for me, so with him or a wrangler with you you pay 300 a day or more. Wish I could afford it now.

River jet, Good out fit too, Kevin has taken Guy's spot on the river and does a great job running the shallow rivers. Obviously more work to get off the river but thats what you get for your money. It is a true drop camp. Set prices.

Great game in those area's worked by both these guys and have no problem with recommending them again, for Sheep, Elk, Moose, and even some chances with Goat and Caribou.

CT

boxhitch
01-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Iron Sights.....there has to be way more to this story.....was Stan or a wrangler with you in the group?

Otherwise, if it is just you and a group of your friends, with a bunch of rented horses and tack, Warrens group wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If you had a wrangler or Stan in your group......the optics would suggest he was packing ..........no?Something must have got attention.
Its not like any of the characters are new to the show, and for Stan to get held up for three days suggests something ??? curios

bridger
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
packers are now called transporters and can only take residents of bc. stan at blue creek is not a licensed transporter. the trnasporter ion the toad area is jeff brown steamboat mtn outfitters

Coming_out_heavy.
01-29-2010, 05:06 PM

That guy will treat you great until you shoot an animal in his area. Then he will turn his back on you before you can blink twice. I've seen it.

Gateholio
01-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Interesting first post.:mrgreen:

Deaddog
01-29-2010, 07:18 PM
That guy will treat you great until you shoot an animal in his area. Then he will turn his back on you before you can blink twice. I've seen it.

I've shot a fair number of animals in his area, they have always been respectful and decent anytime I have met them.

waistdeep
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Something must have got attention.
Its not like any of the characters are new to the show, and for Stan to get held up for three days suggests something ??? curios

Stan got held up because DOT. They simply asked where his horses were going and he said to his clients who were renting them. They then wanted him to completly register as a commerical vs farmer status due to him recieving money for renting his horses. Took him by surprise and those of us waiting for the said horses :(

Rugersingle
01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
So..when you rent the horses for Tuchodi...do you take turns running the pack train in and out for supplies? And what does that plane that fly's in and out of the lake everyday haul around?
Just curious, cause I was there, camped downstream on the river, and they trailed past my camp a number of times, just supplies... not hunters, and I had to listen to that plane everyday.

boxhitch
01-29-2010, 10:05 PM
........they trailed past my camp a number of times, just supplies... not hunters, and I had to listen to that plane everyday. Who was packing and who was flying ? Outfitter ? Private plane ?

boxhitch
01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
That guy will treat you great until you shoot an animal in his area. Then he will turn his back on you before you can blink twice. I've seen it.Heavy first post.
Referring to the present owner or the previous ? As if you actually saw him in the field ?

Rugersingle
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Thats why I was curious how it works...I know it wasn't the outfitter packin or flyin, I talked with one of his guides and his hunter. Good point, could have been a private plane but everyday, around the same times, twice a day??

Who was packing and who was flying ? Outfitter ? Private plane ?

Coming_out_heavy.
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Heavy first post.
Referring to the present owner or the previous ? As if you actually saw him in the field ?

I only recently found this forum, hence the first post....

I never ran into Leif in the field. I ran into him in the Toad River lodge. He asked us how we were making out bear hunting. We told him we got a bear, he asked if it was a black bear. We told him it was a grizzly and we had gotten it behind Drinkall's ranch down near the Racing. He turned his back and never said another word.

This was odd because he had been very pleasant until this point, hell I even had a beer with him at his house while talking about sheep hunting.

Piperdown
01-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Whew am I glad this wasn't a ghey forum with a title like that :biggrin:

bridger
01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
to understand the trouble stan is having look up the wildlife act and find what the act says about who can provide services to resident huntersl. you will find that only g/o's, chartered aircraft compainies, and licensed transporters can provide services in the field to resident hunters.

bighornbob
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
to understand the trouble stan is having look up the wildlife act and find what the act says about who can provide services to resident huntersl. you will find that only g/o's, chartered aircraft compainies, and licensed transporters can provide services in the field to resident hunters.

Is he a transporter if he rents me his horses??? What about a guy the rents riverboats???

BHB

Stone Sheep Steve
01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Is he a transporter if he rents me his horses??? What about a guy the rents riverboats???

BHB

Or those who rent out ATVs?? Or automobiles?

SSS

bridger
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM

BHB

not sure what the answer is but i think the fact that he trails horses into tuchodi lakes and rents them to hunters that fly to that destination is creating the uncertainity. there is also the question of requiring a park use permit. if he rented you horses in vancouver and you hauled them to fort nelson and trailed into the tuchodi yourself them returned the horses to vancouver i would imagine that would be viewed differently. not sure what all the problems he had this fall first details i heard were on this thread.

Devilbear
01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
It sounds to me as though Tuchodi is even busier than the Bull River in the EK during the season?

Kody94
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
It sounds to me as though Tuchodi is even busier than the Bull River in the EK during the season?

LOL. Its gotta be pretty close. There's probably more camps per lineal mile on the Muskwa than their is on the Bull River Road.

Anonymous
01-19-2020, 05:38 PM
Any reputable Kluachesi Lake horse packers these days?

Kluachesi
07-06-2022, 05:38 PM
:) must be the same dumbass **** to destroy his camps, hello lol