PDA

View Full Version : rut region 3

watson721
11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
just wondering if the rut in region 3 is over yet?

ruttinbuck
11-28-2009, 04:07 PM
seeing activity but buck size is going downhill every day.RB

chainsaw
11-28-2009, 04:59 PM
just got back from a 5 day trip up there. Me and the partner got a 4 point each allot smaller then last years and they did not stink as much.Both were with does. I agree with ruttin buck size seems to be going down hill.

Jelvis
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
You guyz know your ruttin stuff, like clearing a path with a chainsaw. lol.
I agree I concur with the above po$t$.
There all bred Ted. All bam!
Three points now, but wait, wait a minute maybe a definate maybe is all I can give yah, down by the riverz. BAM ! Got legs, know how to use them ?
Jel -- it's too late to turn back now -- > December huntinck coulda b goood ---
Don't ah shoota my buuuck --

BlacktailStalker
11-28-2009, 06:48 PM
The stage of the rut is irrelevant for big bucks unless you already knew where they lived. In the event you didnt get them during the rut, they're still there.

Jelvis
11-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Still there but resting more and being still as well and by themselves -
retired for the evening, and season. let the little bucks harrass the doe he ain't gettin nothin anyways there done-finished-
210 day gestation 7 months - born in mid may to june so count back 210 from June 1st. every year early frost late frost, no frost 210 days full term count back. Comes to end of October to nov 20th done
Jel -- you should have been a bio

kennyj
11-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Just like the Island. The rut is over until a doe comes into heat, then its a flurry of activity.You could run into hard rutting activity from late Oct till the end of the season.Does that don't get bred the first time around come into heat 28 days later.Like Jelvis said ''do the math''.
kenny

swampdonkey
11-28-2009, 09:43 PM
depends on where u r 3-20 3-19 i say no good luck thatis imop

Jelvis
11-28-2009, 10:11 PM
kennyG, your'e playing just a little off tune imho, is that your original theory, or heard it from another hunter at the local Denny's ?
Every 28 days the doe is in heat, not the buck tho-the buck won't have antlers after December, the big ones anyways lol -- no bone --
Mule deer have a 210 day gestation period (use dictionary) some consider 187 days can be considered full, so 210 was the bio's and scientists conclusion.
Mid May to end of the first week in June, birth.
Do the math, count back 7 months from end of May. Bingo ! We got a wiener. Two week cushion either way could happen and does.
Mother Nature Mr. Man, get's you every time -- 210 days living inside mommy --
JellyVet -- When the birds and the bee's come out -- May 15th --

tootoowild
11-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Well if thats the case, this year has been pretty shitty! Either that or I was hunting the hunted out areas. I didnt see nothing this year. Oh well I guess theres always next year

husky30-06
11-28-2009, 11:05 PM
lots of fresh rubs over the past two weeks in many areas of reg 3...... are they rutting? I would say that they are just not down where we think, they are still very much up at high altitudes and very few sightings low down. they small bucks seem to be active more then what I have seen in the past. all of the deer are acting a little strange this year.

gutpile
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Well if thats the case, this year has been pretty shitty! Either that or I was hunting the hunted out areas. I didnt see nothing this year. Oh well I guess theres always next year
your not alone:frown:

kennyj
11-29-2009, 08:38 AM
kennyG, your'e playing just a little off tune imho, is that your original theory, or heard it from another hunter at the local Denny's ?
Every 28 days the doe is in heat, not the buck tho-the buck won't have antlers after December, the big ones anyways lol -- no bone --
Mule deer have a 210 day gestation period (use dictionary) some consider 187 days can be considered full, so 210 was the bio's and scientists conclusion.
Mid May to end of the first week in June, birth.
Do the math, count back 7 months from end of May. Bingo ! We got a wiener. Two week cushion either way could happen and does.
Mother Nature Mr. Man, get's you every time -- 210 days living inside mommy --
JellyVet -- When the birds and the bee's come out -- May 15th --

No info from Dennys JellyVet.Info from personal observation,Mule Deer Country by Valerious Giest,Mule and Blacktail Deer of north America by Olof C.Wallmo.

Not all does get bred on their first estrus cycle.A lot of does are in heat at the same time and some get missed.Does that don't get bred come into estrus 28 days latter creating quite a stir among the bucks.Also some healthy yearlings come into estrus latter as well.Thats why you see the odd smaller fawn in the fall.They were born a month later,and sometimes 2 months later then most.If the buck - doe ratio is healthy most does get bred on there first cycle.
Lets see,they were rutting hard at the end of Oct + 28 days=get out there yesterday.I did and got one.I'll post a story as soon as I get the photos back.
kenny

kennyj
11-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Also Jell bucks don't need antlers to breed.
kenny

Jelvis
11-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Pituritary gland shuts down and the aggression is gone, big bucks grow first and drop tine first, January the antlers drop like rain. til the little buggers lose theirs in march -- too light to be right.
All works by the amount of daylight that enters the animals eye through out the year. It affects, birth, breeding, fighting, growing antlers, dropping them, migration and moocho more, I hope I dint make you snore lol.
Call your local bio and ask about photo-periodism -- bing bing POW.
Jelly Bones, you've been informed and educated under the toot ah lidge of the Big Buck Ridge Band, Kereoke Team outta the N shore in Kammy double whammy.
Same time same station for the gestation, Period, the estrus starts in Kamloops on October 23rd so start counting 28 days after that til December then over, done like dinner -- Mule skinner Blue's --

kennyj
11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
You nailed it again Jel.Get out there and get a wopper.
kenny

Jelvis
11-29-2009, 07:24 PM
November 30th is this season's new start for ten day stretch the 30th -- Brutus goze down between, the tirdieth of November to December 10th
jElvi$ -- thank you, November 30 to December 10th, hot still so go for it.
thank you very muschz --

Salty
11-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Ya know jellyknowitall, you make a lot more sence when you don't talk about deer :wink:

BCKID
11-29-2009, 08:46 PM
My hunting partner took a 4X3 on Nov 24th. There was a 3pt and the 4X3 chasing the doe. My partner got the 4X3 and the 3pt kept after the doe. 4X3 had a big neck and didn't even notice us in the truck 50 yrds away. One buck in the freezer!! BCKID

Prowler
11-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Ya know jellyknowitall, you make a lot more sence when you don't talk about deer :wink:
or when he just doesnt talk.......

Prowler
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Im hunting region 3 as we speak, north of Kamloops, and have watched several small bucks, and one nice 4 pt, cruzing hard, in search of does. I tried to slow the 4 pt down to take a few pictures, but he walked right past me, 50 yards out, nose to the ground, ignoring the doe in a can, and grunt tube completely... Are they still rutting? You bet, get out there!!

Bushy
11-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Im hunting region 3 as we speak, north of Kamloops, . Are they still rutting? You bet, get out there!!

Does are being chased, bucks noses on the ground, buck chasing a doe in circles, her tongue was hanging she was so tired!

WOOT:mrgreen:

Bushy

Dirty
11-30-2009, 08:40 AM
I just received an RSS feed to my email. "The rut in region 3 is officially over".:mrgreen: Directly from the largest buck in Region 3.

bruin
12-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Just got back from region 3. 30 does and 1 spike in 2 days. No big bucks and only 2 sets for sure buck tracks. Both were more interested in sleeping than cruising.

showtimebc
12-01-2009, 11:32 PM
i saw my biggest buck of the season yesterday trailing a doe. I'd say its still on, but headin down hill for sure.

dana
12-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Been seeing a ton of does in the fields towards Agate Bay. Not one buck harrassing them for weeks. Only a few dinks feeding with the does. But, whats that up in the rocks. The big boys are there, they ain't stupid. 90% of the rut this year has been nocturnal.

jackpine
12-02-2009, 07:51 AM
did you happen to see the full curl ram on agate bay road?

behemoth
12-02-2009, 11:09 AM
what about the whitetails, how it their rut coming along?

Jelvis
12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
The honeymoon is over the More i see, lol-- your bushed up Bush creek, up the Fadear system polecat -- it's where it's at, patty wack -- Mt Fadear and the Cedar Creek up the Cicero with pistol packin Pete.
jElvis Aaron Fadear -- Jon Shawn -- Skwaam Sinmax -- Louis Creek -- Blucher Hall -- Moose Meadows rd, see you there for a shot.

showtimebc
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
today my friend got his first ever big game animal, a nice 4x3 buck. the buck must have mounted a doe over 20 times before we put an end to those shinanigans. at least he had a good last day! :-D

WoodOx
12-03-2009, 08:45 AM
dana - what makes you think it was primarily nocturnal? warm weather?

frenchbar
12-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Saw a hammer buck last night chasin a few does..reg 3

dana
12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
dana - what makes you think it was primarily nocturnal? warm weather?

Nope, I don't think the weather had anything to do with it. Wolves are the main reason in my opinion. They have been hunting the muleys hard this year and the muleys are coping by sticking tight to the thick crap and by rutting at night.

bruin
12-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm no expert but from what I saw in other non-wolf areas it was a similar story, lots of movement at night, very little during the day.

dana
12-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Where are these non-wolf areas???

Lord of Gastown
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Lots of small 4's and some 3's in daylight.
No big boys like the limelight.

Could fill the tag, but why bother?

Benelli FanBoy
12-05-2009, 12:10 AM
today my friend got his first ever big game animal, a nice 4x3 buck. the buck must have mounted a doe over 20 times before we put an end to those shinanigans. at least he had a good last day! :-D

4X3 Mule Deer - First Ever Big Game Animal
December 2, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
MU 3-28