PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Maxxis

hoyt
11-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Has anyone here shot this new bow yet?
I think this year i will treat myself to a new one, just thought i'd see if anyone has pulled it back on this site already and had some comments on the bow.

Bow Walker
11-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I've got an 07 Vectrix as a target bow. Love it. That Maxxis 31 looks loke a sweet setup. Notice how most manufacturers are 'copying' the Bowtech style of two contact points at the limbs? Must work like a hot damn.

bowhunterbruce
11-28-2009, 11:57 PM
i have a lil inside info as to when the first one is arrivin here and rest assured i will be all over it or the new carbon one,which ever fits me best is comming home with me.
bhb

Doug Skelly
12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I bought a 09 32"Alphamax this year and love it i have never shot a smother ,quiter all around deadly
bow.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
i have a lil inside info as to when the first one is arrivin here and rest assured i will be all over it or the new carbon one,which ever fits me best is comming home with me.
bhb

if yer still waiting for them to arrive ... Monsens must not like your shop much ... theve been out for a few weeks now...

Not sold on the Carbon unit ... Diamond Bows (before Bowtech bought them ) tried that in the 90s and it went south in a hurry .... the grip dont feel right to me ... Hoyts changed the riser slightly and it no longer feels good to me .... for the past 2 years I have been dissapointed in Hoyts ....

that said however ... if they feel good to you ... then youve got a hella good Bow

I am on the hunt to try a Strothers SR-71 .....

I garantee it will be the hottest bow on the planet and as long as Kevin and Kate dont venture far away from their Elite design riser, it will feel good to me and it will be in my stable

bowhunterbruce
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
well the maxxis just came in today so i will be checking it out tommorrow.i'm told the carbon wont be here for another month.i will give my 2 cents worth tomorrow
bruce

bowhunterbruce
12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
wow wow wow i so love that new maxxis,smooth shooting,well ballanced,nothing for vibration,quiet,fast, and so light weight.i cant wait until the carbon matrix comes in now so i can compare the 2 of them side by side.

Bow Walker
12-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Exactly the way I felt when I upgraded to a new bow. Congrats.

jaywill
12-04-2009, 01:28 PM
any picvs?

bowhunterbruce
12-04-2009, 06:23 PM
http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/hoyt_maxxis_31_compound_bow.php

this should work for ya

Foxtail
12-06-2009, 02:15 AM
I am on the hunt to try a Strothers SR-71 .....

I garantee it will be the hottest bow on the planet and as long as Kevin and Kate dont venture far away from their Elite design riser, it will feel good to me and it will be in my stable

I have heard good things about the strothers bows but I think a lot of it is hype. I`m sure they are an awesome bow because that guy is a genius, but I also think there will be kinks to work out, being the first year and all.

Bow Walker
12-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I have heard good things about the strothers bows but I think a lot of it is hype. I`m sure they are an awesome bow because that guy is a genius, but I also think there will be kinks to work out, being the first year and all.
This guy worked the kinks out with his Elite line/company. If he (they) remain true to the design concepts that were developed during his Elite days then you, and we, and Mikey, have nothing to worry about.

I tried finding his website but there was nothing there. No pics, no specs, or anything. Has anyone else had any luck?

Foxtail
12-07-2009, 08:03 PM
The only pics and specs I've seen are the ones floating around archerytalk.com... You would think that KS would have to do things a little different since Elite is still around and Kevin has gone off on his own...(again:tongue:)

Bowzone_Mikey
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
This guy worked the kinks out with his Elite line/company. If he (they) remain true to the design concepts that were developed during his Elite days then you, and we, and Mikey, have nothing to worry about.

I tried finding his website but there was nothing there. No pics, no specs, or anything. Has anyone else had any luck?

you mean this website?????

http://www.strotherarchery.com/

KS single handedly put bowtech out there as a competitor as he designed the Binary cam system and several of their early bows that are still sought after to this day (black Knight being one that comes to mind as well as the Connie)
KS made Elite what it is today (the new designer came from Browning... i think .... fame ... a step backwards in my opinion) look for Elite to remain with their old designs for a while or start to look like Brownings or whatever company he was with)

Foxtail
12-07-2009, 08:13 PM

KS single handedly put bowtech out there as a competitor as he designed the Binary cam system and several of their early bows that are still sought after to this day (black Knight being one that comes to mind as well as the Connie)
KS made Elite what it is today (the new designer came from Browning... i think .... fame ... a step backwards in my opinion) look for Elite to remain with their old designs for a while or start to look like Brownings or whatever company he was with)

I thought all Browning bows were made by PSE?

Bowzone_Mikey
12-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Pardon me .. it was not Browning ... it was Jennings that Mike Derus was with prior to Elite .....

Nothing wrong with Jennings bows.. but they certainly are not top shelf

Foxtail
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
ooops... I think we officially hijacked the crap out of this thread... My oppologies lol

Bowzone_Mikey
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
what good is thread without at least Hijack

Bow Walker
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM

That's the one Mike. I had it bookmarked, but there was just a "Coming Soon" notice. I haven't visited in a bit and didn't notice the updates.

bowhunterbruce
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
getting back to this thread being about the hoyt maxxis ,tommorrow after work i will be doing a side by side trial, shooting both the maxxis (again) with the carbon matrix.im excitied can ya tell:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Bow Walker
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
We/I did kinda hijack ya, didn't we/I? Sorry about that.

bowhunterbruce
12-09-2009, 06:50 PM
well i just got home from test driving hoyts newest top of the line bow,the carbon matrix.
first off the design is off the wall and nothing else out there even comes close to the way it looks.
as for balance,its there and it shoots very well ,the only thing i didnt like about it, in fact was vibration,when i shot the maxxis i didnt and counldnt feel any noticable vibration at all compared to the carbon matrix.
if i do decide to get a new bow, it will be the maxxis.
the price tag on the carbon matrix is around the 1600 to 1700 dollar range where as the maxxis can be had for around a grand and both are bare bones just for the bow alone.
bruce

hardnocks
12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
what are you gona retire the old razertec bruce.

bowhunterbruce
12-10-2009, 07:05 AM
what are you gona retire the old razertec bruce.
well i wouldn't say the razortec is gonna retire,its been a proven game getter with 13 deer down over the last 6 years with it.i may however either sell it to provide a lil assitance in putting towards a newer bow.:-D
bruce