PDA

View Full Version : Video Of My Bull Elk 2009.

hunter1947
11-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Here is a small clip of me and my 87 year old friend celibrating the deer he got the day before I got my bull elk ,in the back ground up on the hill behind his car tent is where I shot the bull.

The next day I whent into his camp to say a good by and this is what happened http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NFWvOMTyXM

Here is a moose trip of a nice bull we got in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Cw87c7ufk

bsa30-06
11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Thats a fine bull, congrats.

BCBear
11-28-2009, 01:14 PM
That is fantastic video and great documentary for friends
great elk too!

rocksteady
11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice video Wayne....

What kinda hootch were you 2 drinking around the fire???

Hoping the wife gets me a video camera for X-Mas so I cn tape some of my hunts...

hunter1947
11-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Nice video Wayne....

What kinda hootch were you 2 drinking around the fire???

Hoping the wife gets me a video camera for X-Mas so I cn tape some of my hunts...
I don't know what kind of red wine it was Mike ,Arkey made it himself ,I just enjoyed the drinks with my friend http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

We had a hell of a good time celebrating his WT doe he shot that day.

He said to me that you should go out and hunt before we started to have a few drinks I said no I will cancel my hunt this evening to have a few around the fire and that is what I did :mrgreen:.

steepNdeep
11-28-2009, 01:45 PM
You musta put in some good miles... sounds like that bull was meant to be yours! GREAT bull & even better to share it w/ your bud. Congrats '47 :cool:

asurebet
11-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Great video Wayne, much enjoyed, Its great to see the pioneers out hunting having a great time hunting with thier friends!

whitespringer
11-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Great bull and video. Few things are more enjoyable than hunting with family and friends.. and when all your hard work pays off.:smile:

Kody94
11-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Fricken awesome! Thanks for sharing that vid H47. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
That's livin' the dream. Especially being out there at 87, hunting and enjoying campfires with friends. I hope we can all be that lucky.

Cheers
4Ster

Jagermeister
11-28-2009, 02:47 PM
That's a nice little video Wayne and that is a very nice bull too.

hunter1947
11-28-2009, 02:49 PM
The best thing that happened to me on this hunting trip was helping this old timer get a WT doe.
Not many hunters can say they hunted with a 87 year old legend http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

I hope I can live to see 87 years young ??:roll:??

Rattler
11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Great video Wayne. Really nice to see the companionship between you two. I am really impressed by Arkey...87 and still hunting. I hope to be able to do the same when I'm that age...

leadpillproductions
11-28-2009, 03:14 PM
nice video 200 yrds from camp you cant beat that

proguide66
11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
WHAAAAAT !!!!?????:eek::eek::eek:....let me see , park vehicles...make camp..light fire....sit and tell stories...patiently wait for big bull to commit suicide beside CAMP ???....:shock::shock::shock:

VERRRRRY cool!!!....soo glad to see it happen to the deserving!!:-D

hunter1947
11-28-2009, 04:01 PM
WHAAAAAT !!!!?????:eek::eek::eek:....let me see , park vehicles...make camp..light fire....sit and tell stories...patiently wait for big bull to commit suicide beside CAMP ???....:shock::shock::shock:

VERRRRRY cool!!!....soo glad to see it happen to the deserving!!:-D

Steve I really did deserve to get this bull near my friends camp after 7 weeks of putting miles up and down mountains ,this is the first bull elk that that I can say that I did not have to pack out for miles ,yes it was my turn for an easy elk http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

BlacktailStalker
11-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Right on Wayner you're the elk slayer :cool:

The Hermit
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Wayne - looks like Arky is old enough to be your father, and here I thought you were the old fart!! ;-) Thanks for sharing, looks like a great trip!

whitetailsheds
11-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Very nice Wayne! Great videos....87 years....we can only hope our health will keep us as active as Arkey! Great bull as well....

kennyj
11-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Great videos Wayne.Awesome way to preserve those great memory's.
Thats a nice elk you got there.Brians moose is nice too.Thanks for posting those up.
kenny

Buchaneer
11-28-2009, 07:29 PM
It's always nice to see success stories on this site of friends out hunting. Thanks for sharing!

Phil
11-28-2009, 08:01 PM

That comment was amuzing to say the least!

Wayne, I enjoyed the video. It gave me a little insight as to the patient kind of guy you are and the wisdom you bring to hunting camp. That hunt must have made Arky's year.

doubled
11-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Good to see you guys out and enjoying the finer things in life. Thanks for the vid, excellent to see.

ElkMasterC
11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Nice video Wayne, I really enjoyed it, thx for posting!

And Kudos for helping an older hunter out.....

Although some older hunters can kick my ass at Guts 'n Balls....
I'll tell you the story of the Atlin Moose someday....lol

ydouask
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Great video...forever memories. Somewhere we learned, " Do unto others as you would have done unto you." Works, eh?

pete_k
11-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the youtube posts. Luv to watch those types movies.

Prowler
11-28-2009, 10:46 PM
awesome video wayne, Your friend arky inspires me to take better care of myself. I hope I am in as good shape when I am close to that age....

Jim Prawn
11-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Beauty bull - no finer meat than a Rocky Mt elk in my mind (except maybe an immature bull moose!) Nice work...
Prawn.

hunter1947
11-29-2009, 06:17 AM
I went down to check on Arkey every other day to make sure he was safe at his camp ,Arkey said to me one day that he has more energy when he is out in the bush then at home ,I think why is because he loves being out there doing what he loves to do http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-29-2009, 07:24 AM
I went down to check on Arkey every other day to make sure he was safe at his camp ,Arkey said to me one day that he has more energy when he is out in the bush then at home ,I think why is because he loves being out there doing what he loves to do http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

I've got an Uncle in his mid-80's and is still trapping in relatively remote country. He needs his midday rests now but being out there fills his spirit and keeps him young. Looks like he's at least 15yrs younger. Helped me pack a goat off a mtn @74:).

Great vid and great memories. I'm sure Arkey talks about his hunt with you everyday.:)

That's a "karma bull" if there ever was one:cool:.

SSS

11-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Been meaning to watch these vids since you posted them Wayne, finally got around to it this AM.

I sure do agree with all the comments Wayne, great job and cool video.

Arky makes me feel lazy, he's 20 years older then me and still goin' at it..!

Nimrod
11-29-2009, 08:19 AM
That's a "karma bull" if there ever was one:cool:
Isn't that the truth!!!
Helping and watching out for a good friend...That's what hunting is all about.
Great video Wayne , your a man of integrity, you deserve all the good fortune in the world.

hunter1947
11-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Been meaning to watch these vids since you posted them Wayne, finally got around to it this AM.

I sure do agree with all the comments Wayne, great job and cool video.

Arky makes me feel lazy, he's 20 years older then me and still going' at it..!

Andy this man set up his camp by himself and hunted every day ,he showed me where he had walked when he went on his hunts ,I was amazed on where he went :eek:.

Thats why I had to check on him every other day I was worried that he might fall down and hurt himself.

How can anyone tell this man that he should not be going out in the bush by himself ,If you did tell him he would not listen ,he is set in his mind and there would be no changing it ,he is very stubborn man I learned.

When he was coming into set up his camp on Sept 8 he stopped in to say hi for a few min ,I asked him if he wanted to set up camp with me because I was by myself he declined on the offer ,he said he likes to be by himself.

Arky stayed in a tent for 4 weeks and the temp got down to -19 and a hi of -2 for 4 days in a row.

Little Hawk
11-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks for sharing that Wayne.

You had me at 'sitting by the fire having a drink and shootin' the breeze with an Ole'-Timer'...

...then, to have a Kamikaze bull fling himself upon you - WOW!

Good on you! What goes around - comes around!

Fisher-Dude
11-29-2009, 09:43 AM
That video really brings out what hunting is all about - good times, good friends, and good animals. You really captured the moment H47! http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

trigger
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
HAHAHA ahhh shit. Good ol Arky. good little video clip wayner. wish i was there to celebrate with yous.

Tikka270wsm
11-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice animals and great video. Thanx for sharing.

d6dan
11-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Great videos Wayne!. I enjoyed the campfire story with Arky. Great to see a man that age still at it!..:)

Thanks for posting the vids..

uraarchr
12-01-2009, 02:21 AM
I was ridin my quad up a drainage and pulled up to this old guy.(in a Camry) he was hunting grouse and didnt want me to go by.i wanted to spot for goats higher up(LEH)way up prob 10 K or so.so i respectfully turned around and left.i couldnt believe that someone that age still out there.and shooting deer.wow.i dont know if it was your camp or not?6 pt rack on the ground?a story of a grizz coming into camp;draggin off a half elk and eating it right there?maybe not this year though?i dont know if it was you or someone in your camp but congrats.that day around noon i called(cow) and had a bull growl:the wind swireled and he didnt come in.i had seen that bull the day before at midday and he was nice.soo close.nice chat with someone in camp there.elk hunters all look the same so i dont know if it was you or your buddy.grizzled haggard and tired.the guys in the piktures smile though.the rest of us eat tag soup.Jack Daniels goes down easier than tag soup. my hats off to Arky!

hunter1947
12-01-2009, 06:01 AM
I was ridin my quad up a drainage and pulled up to this old guy.(in a Camry) he was hunting grouse and didnt want me to go by.i wanted to spot for goats higher up(LEH)way up prob 10 K or so.so i respectfully turned around and left.i couldnt believe that someone that age still out there.and shooting deer.wow.i dont know if it was your camp or not?6 pt rack on the ground?a story of a grizz coming into camp;draggin off a half elk and eating it right there?maybe not this year though?i dont know if it was you or someone in your camp but congrats.that day around noon i called(cow) and had a bull growl:the wind swireled and he didnt come in.i had seen that bull the day before at midday and he was nice.soo close.nice chat with someone in camp there.elk hunters all look the same so i dont know if it was you or your buddy.grizzled haggard and tired.the guys in the piktures smile though.the rest of us eat tag soup.Jack Daniels goes down easier than tag soup. my hats off to Arky!

No it was not our camp where we are there are no goats ...