PDA

View Full Version : new to the bow

mxracer328
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
i picked up a bow in the early summer months and havent had time to put any effort into it. now that its the slower winter months i figure i can practise and get confident for next hunting season. i looked into joining silvertipps archery club but $240 seems steep. so i was wondering if there was any other place that is reasonalbe to go in the prince goerge area. or if there is any experienced bowhunters / shooters that wouldnt mind helping me set up my bow and maybe give me a few pointers. im willing to pay for your time as i realise that everyones time is valuable. if theres anyone intrested feel free to contact me via pm or post here.

thanks for lookin

Maverick7
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
i dont live near there but am totally willing to help out the best i can. archery and bowhunting are my life. i live forthe stuff so pm with set up questions form errors anything id love to help

Bow Walker
11-27-2009, 05:13 PM
$240 per year?!? Boy, they must have one heckova clubhouse and facilities...

jrjonesy
11-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm 8 hours away so not much help. Keep bumping this thread to the front page a few times over the next week and I'm sure someone will see it that would love to help. Most that are serious about archery are very willing to help out newcomers.

bowhunterbruce
11-27-2009, 07:44 PM
your local sporting good store that sells bows and equipment will be more then willing to ensure that your bow is tuned and set up for you.once you have that done then feel free to ask me anythingand although i am no expert i would gladly help in anyway i could from here.come spring thime there are 3d shoots all over the province and going to these will help you hone your hunting skills.
here is a link to a place where you can see where and when shoots are throughout the province
http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/3D2009.html

this is last years but he will update it come the new year and is on this site posting update's as they come in.
bruce

Bowzone_Mikey
11-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I live up the hart ... once i get my garage back to some sembilance of organized I have everything that one might need for tuning and setting up and shooting ...

$240 is steep but one has to remember that they pay rent for their winter digs and land fees for their permenant home ..... That said I havent gotten around to paying the club fees yet either ;)

shoot me a PM and we will work out some time