PDA

View Full Version : last kick at the can for 3-12a moose

whitetail2009
11-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Still looking for that 3-12a moose leh. seen lots of cows, and about 6 gut piles from lucky leh'rs. We're heading up esperon on sat , see how far we can make it , before the snow stops us.
It's my buddies tag, he's from the lower mainland,so it's all up to him.I'm just helping him try to fill his tag.
I pulled a nice bull out of 3-12a last year,2nd day of hunt.There were two bulls together, the one closest to us was an immy and and the other was bigger, I could not get a shot off, cause they were side by side, prob would of killed both with one shot, but only one tag.
Waiting for the right moment seemed like it took forever, then the furthest and bigger one decided to take two steps forward. that's when I knocked him down, the rest is history, very tender i must say! I do all the butchering, my wife is a awsome wrapper,(the best) Anyways just wanted to know if any one has a moose tied up in 3-12a, or wish to send some luck our way...thanxhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/thumbs/Double_D_moose_hunt_2008_009_-_Copy.JPG Here are some pics from last year.This bull could of mistakenly taken as an immy, take a closer look! it has a small brow tine. pics are in my gallery, one day i will figure this photo uploading stuff lol...

cwocarsten
11-26-2009, 09:15 PM
My buddy and my nephew both had bull draws for November. Have a cabin at Hatheume lake, and hunted around there to no avail...too many hunters. I think I'll stick to fishing at Hatheume instead at least i have the lake figured out. Good luck on your hunt.

gary murray
11-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Good luck Dale. I guess that answers my question about if you're busy this weekend? Just kidding! I'm coming to Kelowna next weekend so hopefully see you then.

boxhitch
11-27-2009, 09:21 PM
.......We're heading up esperon on sat , see how far we can make it , before the snow stops us...........

If its anything like the snow at the top of Whitemans/Mowing Machine, you won't need chains for the depth, but maybe for the crust. 12 to 16" of noisy snow.