PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Muley Hunting Techniques???

4point&over
11-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Going up for the last shot at a 4 and over muley and I'm wondering what everyone's opinion is on the late season techniques? Is it all glassing the slashes at first and last light, finding tracks in the snow and stalking, or is your best chance getting in the bush and trying to find them bedded down? Also, is there any advantages to finding the does and hanging around them or is that more of a "rut only" technique?

SteadyGirl
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Haven't got a clue how to hunt mule deer:-? Once you figure it out , let me know please:tongue:

"skma"
11-26-2009, 01:57 PM
lots of glassin, and their movin all day but if there's does their should b bucks close by

showtimebc
11-26-2009, 02:14 PM
they are still ruttin. saw several bucks with does the other day when I was out.

Jelvis
11-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Hunt semi open ridge tops that have rock bluffs, the deer are scared up to the tops of hills during the hunting season. Put a lot of effort in climbing and walking, go slow and watch for movement then try to circle for a clear shot-
----------------BOOM !________________------------------> gut and drag out
Jel -- work harder to reach hunting ground -- down off the road or up off the road and go --

Fisher-Dude
11-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Drive around until one runs across the road.

recoil
11-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I am also no expert by any means but i have also seen bucks still rutting recently. I would suggest dont be afraid to make noise, they are very curious this time of year, i even rattled in a doe to 20 yards last week.

Make some calls, rattle etc. The buck i took last week came in to check out the sound of my idling ATV while i was eating lunch, go figure.

KB90
11-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I was out tonight and came across 3 does. I sat and watched them for 15 minutes. They kept looking back. Eventually a nice 3x2 appeared out of the christmas trees with his nose on the ground. He put a good run on one of the does. I would say they are definitely still rutting and watching does is a good idea. If I would have moved on after 10 minutes I would have never seen him.