PDA

View Full Version : getting screwed big time

kyleklassen
11-26-2009, 12:48 AM
what is with the blanket restrictions in region 5. for the blacktail hunters on the coast.4pt from sept 10 nto sept 30 any buck oct1-oct31 4 pt nov1-nov10, 4pt nov21-nov30 can you honestly tell me the blacktails on the central coast islands should be managed the same as the mulies inland. up yours MOE.

c.r.hunter
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Another glaring example of how the region 5 managers have lost touch with reality. What a joke. We need to harmanize more of our seasons province wide. I'd bet most of the central coast rarely sees a hunter, blacktails should be any buck from Sept 1-Dec 10. Micromanage specific MU's if need be. MOE needs serious reform from the top down. Those of you that hunt the central coast should write some letters & hopefully change things for next season.

Gateholio
11-26-2009, 03:08 AM
what is with the blanket restrictions in region 5. for the blacktail hunters on the coast.4pt from sept 10 nto sept 30 any buck oct1-oct31 4 pt nov1-nov10, 4pt nov21-nov30 can you honestly tell me the blacktails on the central coast islands should be managed the same as the mulies inland. up yours MOE.

The new region 5 regs make not much sense..But neither does your post..

What are you trying to say?

bridger
11-26-2009, 04:27 AM
region 5 appears to be under the influence of the goabc's drive for quality hunting.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-26-2009, 04:45 AM
The new region 5 regs make not much sense..But neither does your post..

What are you trying to say?

The post seems to make sense to me:neutral:.

Reg 5 has coastal blacktails and interior mulies.
There are no other areas in the province where blacktails are managed under a 4pt restriction. There seems to be a need for some sub-unit management. MU's are too big to manage with blanket regulations(5-08 is one example).

Region 6 does a better job at managing blacktails separately from mulies....but their MUs are smaller than Reg 5. Queen Charlottes and coastal areas are managed under "any buck" seasons...... while the interior MU's are managed for mulies.

With the GO territory in the Bella Coola area being owned by an "anti", it may be time to make some changes.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
11-26-2009, 08:55 AM

There are 2 things you need to do RIGHT now:

1.) Write a letter stating your views to Tom Ethier, cc it to Barry Penner, Gordon Campbell, Doug Konkin, and Ralph Archibald. Addresses can be found here. (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=34610) It doesn't have to be elaborate - just ask the question you've asked here - with a question, they are obligated to send you an answer. Ethier, Konkin, and Archibald are the final decision makers in Victoria (Penner just sprinkles holy water on their choices), so they need to hear from you.

2.) Go to www.residentpriority.ca (http://www.residentpriority.ca) and donate a few (or more than a few) bucks to the Resident Hunter and Angler Preservation Fund, so that the voice of reason has the resources to counter the GOABC's drive to kick you out of the bush when you should be hunting blacktails.