PDA

View Full Version : skunked

bckev
11-25-2009, 12:56 PM
First time in a looooong time I was skunked. Couldn't even find a doe for my daughters doe tag. Worst year for seeing game I have had in years, couldn't even find much in the way of fresh sign. Any others in the same boat, just curious?

zimbu
11-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Don't feel too bad. You're not alone there. I have observed many moose this season, but very few deer. Most of the deer I have seen were whitey does, very few mulies, and not even so much as a fleeting glimpse of a buck. It has been very different from last year, that's for sure. Best I can figure, the long cold winter last year is the biggest factor. Ah well, maybe I'll go for bear in the spring.

hunter1947
11-26-2009, 07:32 AM
First time in a looooong time I was skunked. Couldn't even find a doe for my daughters doe tag. Worst year for seeing game I have had in years, couldn't even find much in the way of fresh sign. Any others in the same boat, just curious?

This happens to all of us a few times in your hunting carrier ,it has happened to me a few times and I don't think it will be last I get skunked :roll:.

Look at it this way things can't get any worse only better ,think about next year and put this bad year behind you good luck next yearhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

sawmill
11-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Lots of does and fawns here but I`m having a hard time to score a buck.5 days left.Starting to get nervous,hate like hell to eat a tag.

bckev
11-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I have heard from people in alberta and sask as well saying it seems to be a tough year for deer. Even our local guide says he had a real tough year this year. Last winter may have been tougher than I thought. I am curious to see how the shed hunters do in a couple of months. Here is hoping for an leh next year.

Phil
11-26-2009, 10:48 AM
It's not over yet! Get back out there. Things can only get better from here for you.

Kudu
11-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Hang in there it is never over till its over...

http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-Never-Give-Up-6065.jpg

sawmill
11-26-2009, 11:33 AM
It's not over yet! Get back out there. Things can only get better from here for you.
Oh I ain`t quitting just yet!:mrgreen:

bckev
11-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I have to travel to far, so it is over for me. Closet open spot just too far away. Good luck to those of you that still get to hunt. I will be going for coyotes soon, though.

mark
11-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I have to travel to far, so it is over for me. Closet open spot just too far away. Good luck to those of you that still get to hunt. I will be going for coyotes soon, though.

Get yourself a bow, you could tag out in a day!
I had the worst year of my life last year, this year was one of the best of all time for me, as far as sightings go!

Hemi
11-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I gaver one last attempt today, we were walking a road into a block then headed to the trees. Came up on a bull elk that bolted then when walking back to the truck we saw fresh tracks over ours. We headed back into the trees and got a jump on 2 doesfollowed then for about 5 miles swaiting for buck. Other than that 2 rabbits ,,,, skunked this year.. Time to concentrate on a new gun some new accessories and building a 3 man tree stand in a sweet spot we found today. And a trailcam of coarse... Thank god for costco steak..

johnny cabbage
11-30-2009, 05:40 PM
srry bout ur luck!

RockyMountainHunter1
11-30-2009, 06:12 PM
was in region 3-18 with an leh moose tag, but was more concerned about getting a mulie. I was there for 4.5 days with 4 guys and only saw 4 deer. 2 of them were does on the way out after packing up. Also saw 2 2pt bucks and 7 cow moose no bulls. Was very frustrating. We were trying everything I think the weather change to cold last week held them up in the thick stuff. Got a bit warmer and the snow started to melt as we were leaving and more sign was seen. I hiked the thick stuff for two days hard all day and never even bumped a deer. Mind u the snow was very crunchy and was making it hard to be sneeky.

MikeH
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
I've been lucky, never been skunked hopefully it stays that way.:-Dknock on wood.