PDA

View Full Version : Southern Archery Season Opener

Stone Sheep Steve
11-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Start of the southern archery season today and I'm still commuting to work on my motorbike:-?.

Let's do our snow dances!

Unless we get some nice quiet snow, I'll try my luck at finishing my local season on whities. Would rather still hunt for mulies but you have to roll with the punches.

Good luck to all you arrow chuckers!

May your shafts fly true:).

SSS

11-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Hey I love it, if it never snowed again in BC I'd be happy....!!!!
Sorry......

Stone Sheep Steve
11-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Don't you have snowplow Andy???:)

I've got pics of growing up in your town where we were tobagging off the roof......1970 or '71. Can't be much worse than that!!

SSS

J_T
11-25-2009, 07:40 AM
I have to admit, I too am a fan of global warming.

I'll be setting up camp this weekend for the start of our late season hunt. Camp will remain set until the 17th.

The relaxation of sitting in the treestand.

Onesock
11-25-2009, 08:06 AM
Good luck to yourself and all the boys in camp. We'll be thinking of you.

J_T
11-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks Onesock. You guys have pretty consistent success in Reg 8 I suspect that will continue. But one year you'll have to come out to the EK just for the camraderie. That and the fact that we go 100%. Everyone harvests.... Good luck to you guys. Say hi to the boys. You will be missing the annual raffle though. Some pretty good prizes this year.

Awishanew
11-25-2009, 09:56 AM
I like some snow. I feel like a kid at Christmas as I'm waiting to go on our annual bowhunt. Just practicing out of the treestand and counting the days. Goodluck to all.

11-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Don't you have snowplow Andy???:)

I've got pics of growing up in your town where we were tobagging off the roof......1970 or '71. Can't be much worse than that!!

SSS

Yah, I think it was 71/72, I'm sure glad we don't get winters like that very often, last time was '96/'97, sure as heck kills a lot of deer and elk.
Those were the two worst in my memory, been living here since 1964.

I use a Bombardier Traxter 500 with a snow blade.

Truth is I agree with you, I always loved hunting deer with tracking snow, just gettin' soft in my old age. We used to go down to Luxor/Pinnacle on Grey Cup Sunday when the season was still open that late, best deer hunting day of the year - nobody else around, shot a few big 4 pointers off Tefou Mountain at 6000 ft in two feet of snow in thiose days.

11-25-2009, 01:30 PM
I have to admit, I too am a fan of global warming.

I'll be setting up camp this weekend for the start of our late season hunt. Camp will remain set until the 17th.

The relaxation of sitting in the treestand.

Goldal Warming,,,,,,,,,,,, bring 'er on,,,,, sooner the better,,,, and f__ the polar bears.