PDA

View Full Version : Big Bar /French Bar ,snow conditions

Kilwinning
11-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello All
I have been lurking for a while now so this is my first post.

A RETIREE`S DAY
My wife said what are you doing today ??"
I said nothing ,
She said you did that yesterday."
I said I wasn`t finished," :???:

Sad I know ,Anyway,s We had a hunt planned for the Big Bar ,French Bar area
But do to some weather concerns at home we canceled it .Now I`m thinking of making a shorter trip, anybody know what the snow conditions are like up there . We have always chained up the truck and trailer, but I draw the line at having to chain up front and back on the truck.
Thank`s Dave
Van Is

recoil
11-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Welcome to HBC, I was just north of there Sunday, about 6-8" of snow up high, probably even less down by the river, not too bad just go slow. Got this guy, he was still looking for ladies but it was not his lucky day.

Kilwinning
11-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Nice Buck
Thank`s for the info Recoil,but as of yesterday I`m weathered out again .
(Next Year)

David Heitsman
11-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Nice shot Recoil.

recoil
11-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks David, he is my first 4 point! He made it easy, a 30 yard broadside with my 30-06.

Getting back on topic Kilwinning you need a join the quad hunters club, road conditions dont matter so much then... I saw some people just beating on their full size pickups in the snow (it covers up the ruts and cross ditches). I am probably going to get flamed for saying it but quads do come in handy when the weather turns nasty- which is the best time to hunt IMO.

longhairmtnman
11-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Welcome.
At the Bar up the road, there's no snow at all.:mrgreen:

Your 'retiree's day' quote sounds a-lot like something my dad would say.
Wise man is he.:wink:

Kilwinning
11-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Thank`s for the welcome`s
Even though I wish I was retired I`m not .
I just sold my old Quad and bought a new 500 Rubicon last fall that I have been itching to try out.If you ask my partners (much to there chagrin) The truck is parked once we hit camp.This will be two year`s in a row that we have not made it up ,so I will have to pound the Blacktails a little harder ,I got a two point a couple of weeks ago and was saving my last tag for the mulee`s so it`s open season now,enjoy the rest of the season.

Kilwinning