PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 -1 (Is that like area 51 in Nevada?)

David Heitsman
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
OK,

I need to be near Keremeos for a few days to help with a sheep count so I'm looking at hunting options in the area. Haven't pulled my bow in years so thought I'd go back to Region 2 and see what's available. The first area on Hwy 3 is 2 -1. There is no hunting season of any game in 2 -1.

2 - 1 encompasses Manning Park, which incidently is home to some very nice muleys, but there is also an area along Copper Creek out of the park and still according to my BC Rec Atlas still in 2 - 1.

Am I overlooking something simple here? Are you allowed to hunt the southern side of Copper Creek?

kennyj
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
It looks to me like you can,but I don't think there is any access there. I've hunted the other side of copper cr. and looked over there and its pretty dark and steep.
kenny

Fred
11-24-2009, 11:48 PM
You can go up the Payseton FSR or Copper Ck FSR but you had best have a 4x4 and chains!! Fred

David Heitsman
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
You can go up the Payseton FSR or Copper Ck FSR but you had best have a 4x4 and chains!! Fred

My point wasn't access but the fact that there is no legal season on any specie in 2 -1 as in the BC regs all the seasons begin with 2 - 2.

It's like 2 -1 doesn't exist, sort of like 'Area 51' in Nevada. Area 51 is this mysterious valley in Nevada that no one can go hunting or ATV'ing due to military activity and yet everyone denies that it exists!