PDA

View Full Version : kyle,my 10 year old,FINALLY gotter done,lol

valleycowboy
11-24-2009, 01:25 PM
i have tried to write this twice now,it must be too long cause when i go too preview post it sends me back too the sign in page and i lose everything.soooooo,i am going to do it in a couple pages.

after getting my mulie a few weeks ago,it was time to get my son his first deer.we have tried during the early youth season,the "any" buck season,but we just couldn't seem to get it done.for one reason or another,things just couldn't connect.

sat. nov.14
we headed up into region 8-12,a place i loved to hunt when the season was longer up there.we seen 15 does and 3 bucks.the nicest buck being a decent 3x3 but i just couldn't get him too stop.all kyle could do was get the crosshairs on a big white target. and he knows ,the ass isn't a shot too take.soooooo,no shots fired.we were a little disapointed that his last day didn't produce any shots.

sun. nov. 15
kyle,the wife,and myself head up on the westside.for the last few weeks,we just haven't been seeing the deer we usually see(average about 15 deer a day). welllll,it was like someone flicked a switch.we seen 18 does in the first 4km.iat the end of the day,we seen40-50 deer,all does and one little spike.

gary murray
11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
What i usually do Gord is i right click after highlighting the text and click on copy. That way if something buggers up, i right click in the text box and click on paste and you'll get it all back. It was nice meeting you up the Greyback way during the early part of September. I was on that grey Yamaha quad and we talked for a while.

valleycowboy
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
at work on monday,we ended up having a water main break and i would have tues. off.when i got home and told the wife,she asked if i was goin to take kyle out for one last day.i really don't know why she asked,lol.

tues. nov.17
kyle and myself head back up the westside too where we seen all the deer on the previous sunday.we seen a few does in the mornin but no bucks.then at 10 am i drive around a corner "KYLE,BIG BUCK".there trotting down the middle of the road,a dandy buck.i told kyle to get out.i tried to grunt and stop the buck but he turned left and headed into the bush.i told kyle too get in and we would drive up and walk into where he went in cause i knew it was fairly open where he went in.when i got too the spot i wanted to park,there he stood,30 yards in the bush.....broadside and looking at us.when kyle went too get out,the click from the door sent the buck running.we got out and started to find the buck but he vanished.funny how an animal that size can just vanish,lol.after an hour of looking,we just couldn't catch up with him.we headed back too the truck and started driving up the road and the babbling started...... not by kyle but by me.the buck was very tall,about 22"wide,and very heavy with deep fronts and decent backs. a solid 170" buck.the rest of the day produced 25 does and 7 bucks. same results on all the bucks.....no shots.by this time i was very very frustrated.as we head out at dark,i asked kyle what he thought of this whole hunting thing...his comment "it's been fun and can't wait till next year". i felt bad for the guy but there would always be next year.

when we got home and told the wife about the days events(more babbling by me,lol),she says "sounds like you had a good day.btw,your work phoned....they had a problem and you are off tomorrow as well"
kyle and myself looked at each other and smiled.then the puppy dog eyes stared at the wife(my puppy dog eyes,not kyles,lol).she says"if kyle studies and passes her test he can go tomorrow". needless too say...he passed with flying colours,lol

valleycowboy
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
we. nov18
final day of youth season.
kyle and myself head back too where we seen the big guy the day before.we hunted the area for a few hours but all we seen were does.we headed to another area and seen a few more does.i told kyle we should head back and keep lookin for the big guy.he agreed sooo back we go.we got about halfway back and i spot a deer in the trees.looking through the bino's,i seen 2 points on one side with brows and 2 on the other and a little junk on top of one tine.i told kyle there was a buck standing broadside in the trees.he got out and just as he got set on the shooting sticks,the buck turned and started too walk off.....MAN,NOT AGAIN,i think.i yelled at the deer too stop and he did and turned slightly.i told kyle he is quartering away and you may not get a better chance.as he settled in behind the 243,i started to lift my bino's,...."BOOM",the 100 gr hornady handload,was on it's way and the buck dropped.i turned and looked at kyle,his eyes were huge and he had the "OMG" look. i yelled "KYLE,YOU JUST SMOKED HIM,YOU SMOKED YOUR FIRST BUCK". the OMG look turned too an ear to ear grin and a big fist pump.then the high fives and hugs started.after the hootting and yelling,we started too walk in after his buck.halfway in,he says to me,"i think it is a 3 point".i laughed and told him ,it's a 2x2 with brow times and a could little points on top of one tine.when we got to his buck,more high fives and hugs.he grabs the horns and starts to count."DAD,IT'S A 5X3!!!!". who am i too argue with a 10 year old,lol.
when i moved the buck for pics,i noticed one leg was shorter than the other and it had a huge bump on the inside of the short leg.after we got him loaded and showed the buck off too friends in town,i got him home and skinned him out. when i cut up the deer,the leg had been broken and the broken bones had over lapped and mended together.not pretty too look at,lol
all in all,one happy young hunter and one VERY VERY PROUD FATHER!!!!!!http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/valleycowboy/kyles%20first%20mulie%202009/IMG_0018.jpg
http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/valleycowboy/kyles%20first%20mulie%202009/IMG_0016.jpg
http://http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/valleycowboy/kyles%20first%20mulie%202009/IMG_0025.jpg

valleycowboy
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM
What i usually do Gord is i right click after highlighting the text and click on copy. That way if something buggers up, i right click in the text box and click on paste and you'll get it all back. It was nice meeting you up the Greyback way during the early part of September. I was on that grey Yamaha quad and we talked for a while.

i tried that gary,but it didn't come back.ohhh well,i got it the hard way,lol.
btw,i do remember you,lol

rocksteady
11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Congrats to Kyle...and his pop...Great buck and a good read...

I betcha he is pumped for next year already....

Welcome to the big boys club of deer hunting...

leadpillproductions
11-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Congrads .....

Cyrus
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Good read and a very good first buck!!

Ozone
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Great deer, way to go.

d6dan
11-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Great story Valleycowboy!. A big congrats to Kyle on his first buck!:-D. Thats the way to get it done.:wink:

Prowler
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Thats awesome. Ive had my son over to the mainland 3 years running now, and nothing yet, but we always have a great time. Hoping to connect this year...

whitespringer
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Way to go Kiddo! :) I hope my son has success next year too.

Blainer
11-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Way to go Kyle!
You will remember that one forever.
Good on you to dad.

stitch
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I love all 4 of my daughters...I really do. I jsut wish one of them had the hunting drive that I see in so many youths on here. loved the story...great buck and these are the memories that kyle will remember always.

beeker
11-24-2009, 11:55 PM
congrats guys, way to go!

5 spike
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
congrats you two on a job well done, a fine buck you will remember all your life kyle congrats buddy.

Doe
11-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Runner is outta the gate, just try to stop him now!! Way to go, thats an awesome first buck, he will have the fever for good now. Its great to be able to say,....if your homework's not done.....lol Hunting is the first thing to go if the grades slip so keep it up little dude, thats a great buck!

hunter1947
11-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Great deer Kyle you got there ,he is a hog of a deer ,your hooked for life now ,it will only get better in years to come ,good for your dad and mom on making this happen http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

grizzlydown
11-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Awesome job to the both of you!!! I was with my boy this year when he got his first deer in region 7-12 and I was on cloud nine!!!! I finally realized how proud my dad was when I shot my first deer with him!

one-shot-wonder
11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Great job gord! Congrats to the young fella on his first buck surely not to be forgotten. That is one hard earned deer that will taste even better because of it...... Persistance pays off, maybe you guys will locate the big guy next year. Kyle will have 170 class mule buck dreams for the next 12 months......oh the good ol' days!

Steeleco
11-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Well done Kyle, the first of many!! Great feeling isn't it Dad??

Nooker77
11-25-2009, 09:19 AM
WTG KYLE!! Great first buck and a great memory with DAD!! Thats why there is a youth season!! Great read as well! Thx guys!:-D

ydouask
11-25-2009, 09:26 AM
More good work... your rewards will be many. Congrats to you too Kyle !

kwasky
11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
way to go. Nicebuck

Donny Bear
11-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Very awsome young gun got to love it!!!

kennyj
11-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Great first buck, and great story.Way to keep at it.
kenny

born2hunt
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
way to go Kyle ! great first buck and kudos to dad for hanging in there for ya!

Phil
11-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Nice first buck Kyle! Well done dad on getting your boy out there!

valleycowboy
11-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Great job gord! Congrats to the young fella on his first buck surely not to be forgotten. That is one hard earned deer that will taste even better because of it...... Persistance pays off, maybe you guys will locate the big guy next year. Kyle will have 170 class mule buck dreams for the next 12 months......oh the good ol' days!

lol,i told him he could have the 170 buck,i wanted one of the others we seen:wink:.

valleycowboy
11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Well done Kyle, the first of many!! Great feeling isn't it Dad??
it is definately a great feeling.
kyle is still talking about that day.can't wait too see what he has to say when i get the skull back.i'm getting it done in a euro mount.should look good beside mine from this year!!

valleycowboy
11-25-2009, 08:33 PM
i gotta tell ya guys and gals.....when kyle gets home from school,the first thing he does is check here to see the replies.he wanted me to thank you all for the replies. he enjoys reading the comments and all the other threads!!!!!! thanks again people.