PDA

View Full Version : Bag Limits for deer....A question...

KodiakHntr
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Given recent threads I have a question on bag limits for big game.

As per the synopsis:

"It is unlawful to continue to hunt game species on a day in
which the daily bag limit of that species has been taken, or, on the
day or subsequent to the day in which the seasonal bag limit for
that species of game has been taken."

Now, as had been explained to me over a beer with a CO buddy of mine a few years back, it is illegal to shoot an animal, take it home, and then head out again to shoot another one, regardless of whether you have an additional tag for that species or not.

This was set up to prevent folks from shooting a deer, taking him home, and then heading out and collecting another one, because after all, you do have a cut tag....

Thoughts? Feelings? Comments?

Upon further reflection and a brief investigation into the synopsis, I can find nowhere where it states a daily bag limit for big game....Doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I didn't find it in a 7 minute perusal. I do however remember from years back that a daily bag limit was specified....

Has this now gone the wayside?

Blainer
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I think that refers to birds.
I don't believe there is a daily bag limit on deer,some regions allow 2 deer to be harvested and I DON'T believe it has to be on 2 different days.

rocksteady
11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
None of those threads has created a contravention:

The Provincial Bag Limit for deer is 3 (I can't find the specific page in the regs on this one, maybe someone else can locate). The exception is those weeny Charlotte Deers... 15 for a seasonal bag limit, with a possession limit of 5.....

The Regional Bag Limit varies by Region, for example, page 28 Regional Bag Limit for deer is 2, only which one may be antlerless. These are SEASONAL BAg limits, there is no daily limit for big game.....

If you are in an area and have 2 valid, uncut tags and you run into 2 legal deer, you can harvest them both...Then you are "tagged out"......

KodiakHntr
11-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, the other threads just started me thinking....I do remember years back the daily thing (at least, I think I remember that anyway....)

Reason it kicked it off, as I was contemplating a Charlottes trip come January or so....Dawned on me, that it would require a few more days than I'd been thinking to fill a 5 deer possession limit, if a person was only allowed one deer a day...

SteadyGirl
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Thank sweet merciful christ:mrgreen: I just don't think I know enough about hunting to even be allowed to post on hbc!!!

KodiakHntr
11-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Naw, you do alright for yourself....

bighornbob
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM
The daily thing is for birds and anything that does not have a tag. Like if you shot 5 grouse (the daily limit) in the morning and went home. You would not be able to shoot another one if you went back for an evening hunt.

I know for fish some guys head home and try and come back. This was happening a fews years back at Wood Lake outside Kelowna. I guess the Koknanee fishing was really hot and the CO's saw more then a few guys catch their limit of two and then head home and be back an hour later to catch a few more.

For big game, as long as you have an empty tag you can keep filling them.

BHB

moosinaround
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Thank sweet merciful christ:mrgreen: I just don't think I know enough about hunting to even be allowed to post on hbc!!!
You just keep wackin "N" stackin em Steadygirl!! Love the posts!! Moosin