PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Daughter Blacktail Bucks

SteadyGirl
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Garage looks like a slaughter house, which suits me just fine. Dad hammered a 3x4 Mine is a very nice 4x4 with caramel color rack and massy bases. Its not my best scoring blacktail, and the skull is smashed.. but at least I have the rack. When T-Bone and I parted ways.. which happens... he took my 05 4x4 blacktail and put him though a bandsaw like fifty times... which shouldn't have happened.. So I hammered a hog out of his sweet spot:mrgreen: Might try to do it again next year too. Heck I still have one more tag so I might giver a go again this evening:tongue:

hunter1947
11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
I can see why you have steadygirl for you name ,you just keep hunting steady ,way to go on your bucks ,you have had a dandy season and one to remember ,congrats to you and your dad http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Blainer
11-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Look forward to the pictures,in the event you decide to post them.
Good on ya.
You are having a hell of a year.

leadpillproductions
11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
bandsaw he might have been upset lol

huntinnewbie
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Wow, hubby and I spent 7 hours out yesterday in the Hope area and all we saw were old tracks, lots of them but none more recent than perhaps the night before. We hunted from below the snow line to up where we couldn't go any furthur. Saw 2 other hunters in the same area and they saw same as us, SFA and you guys get 3 in one day! That's incredible:wink:

budismyhorse
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
congrats on the whack em and stack em....

this blacktail hunting is starting to sound like a hell of a good time.

sounds to me like the actual "spot" is very secretive, you guys almost sound like sheep hunters.

SteadyGirl
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
sounds like you should have met me at the petrocan in sardis:mrgreen: if you really want to you could talk me into taking you out, I'm here for a week. I have one tag left, dad is tagged out.

dutchie
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
sounds like you should have met me at the petrocan in sardis:mrgreen: if you really want to you could talk me into taking you out, I'm here for a week. I have one tag left, dad is tagged out. The little 2pt was a 'gimmie' on the way out:tongue:

HAHAHAHA a gimme! man I wish i could have got a 2 pt "gimme" this year!

Dutchie

Stone Sheep Steve
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats Steady and Steadydaddy!!

Maybe one day my daughter will take me out and help get me a nice blacktail:).

SSS

budismyhorse
11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
sounds like you should have met me at the petrocan in sardis:mrgreen: if you really want to you could talk me into taking you out, I'm here for a week. I have one tag left, dad is tagged out.

......not really what I was talking about.... but thanks for the offer.

If I lived on the wet coast, it sounds like it would be cool species to hunt.

twoSevenO
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Garage looks like a slaughter house, which suits me just fine. Dad hammered a 3x4 Mine is a very nice 4x4 with caramel color rack and massy bases. Its not my best scoring blacktail, and the skull is smashed.. but at least I have the rack. When T-Bone and I parted ways.. which happens... he took my 05 4x4 blacktail and put him though a bandsaw like fifty times... which shouldn't have happened.. So I hammered a hog out of his sweet spot:mrgreen: Might try to do it again next year too. Heck I still have one more tag so I might giver a go again this evening:tongue:

cool ... chilliwack BTs?

Salty
11-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Any thumbnail pics? :tongue:

MuleyStalker
11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Congrats. You are awesome. I am envious of you.

stanway
11-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Congrats Steady! You have had a very successful year. Good job.

BTW, I drove past that PetroCan today.:wink:

CooperSscat
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Congrats on your blacktail success!

Let's see some photos please!

Jeremy

bsa30-06
11-24-2009, 09:03 PM
sounds like you have had a very full and succesful season, congrats.

Laurence_Erickson
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
steady I can not find the pics ,where may I see them ?? please :)

SteadyGirl
11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I just uploaded a couple pics to my gallery:twisted: not of the blacktails though. I went to get pics of them today and they were gone, .. seems showing off runs in the family because my dad brought them to work with him!! Grr~

Kody94
11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
That is a great whitetail SteadyGirl!!

Fisher-Dude
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
......not really what I was talking about.... but thanks for the offer.

If I lived on the wet coast, it sounds like it would be cool species to hunt.

She's hittin' on ya Bud. Man, you Kootenay boys are slow! :tongue:

Likely, you'll get a bad case of blue balls waiting for pics of the blacktails to be posted. :mrgreen:

SteadyGirl
11-24-2009, 11:13 PM
She's hittin' on ya Bud. Man, you Kootenay boys are slow! :tongue:

Likely, you'll get a bad case of blue balls waiting for pics of the blacktails to be posted. :mrgreen:

ROTFLMAO- gawd that is funny FD thanks for that!!