PDA

View Full Version : Chased a HUMONGO TODAY

hotload
11-23-2009, 10:39 PM
The day started with me deep in the bush set up behind a poplar and some buckbrush, wind, in my face and stayed that way, perfect. Got my
Ghillie on, everything is peachy. Sitting there thinking this has got to be a good day, just feels good, you know that feeling. The days prior I had spotted a neat little 4, couldn't get a shot because of the buckbrush, ahh that's ok, good area, lotsa sign, there will be more. Yesterday saw the ass end of a shooter Whitey leaving quick, pretty good day as days go I suppose. I will look for him today. So hence my set up today. Sitting there for about 1 3/4 maybe 2hrs. when all of a sudden these tree branches came out of the bush about 75yds away. This ain't the 4 I couldn't shoot, this ain't the large ass end I saw leaving quick, this is frikkin big, I mean big. Only thing between me and this thing taking a dirt sandwich is buckbrush, lots of buckbrush. I aimed, took off the safety, buckbrush, waited he moved behind, more buckbrush. Everywhere I look is alder. I thought should I just try to plow through this stuff, nah it won't make it, and I might deflect or worse hit him in the ass and just hurt him and still not get him, so he walked away, didn't even know I was there. I walked up to where he was walking and couldn't believe even the strides, let alone the size of his bloody feet, so I get a long twig and measure it alongside his hoof and brought it home, I just measured it. 7 and 7/8ths almost 8 inches. I searched the computer, 6 is large and old. I did the math this guy is 46 years old, just kidding. Tomorrow is the last day of rifle season here and I will be there, buckbrush or not, but always the optimist, wouldn't it be something to send an arrow in his direction.

bowhunterbruce
11-23-2009, 10:46 PM
i'm thinking someone just might have forgotten his rattles and grunt tube.
did a lil ol humongo set of antlers take you wits away from ya or what.:)

BlacktailStalker
11-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Bet you won't sleep tonight :biggrin:
Good luck !

hotload
11-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Nope Brucey, had em, grunts just wouldn't stop him. He was on the move with only on thing on his mind.

ufishifish2
11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Shoulda pulled up your shirt and showed him your teets, horny buggers right now!!

Prowler
11-23-2009, 11:12 PM
looking forward to tomorows story.....:-D

Steeleco
11-24-2009, 12:18 AM
So I should be here tomorrow at the same time for the pictures. :wink::wink:
Don't disappoint us, we're living vicariously through you for the next 24 hrs!! :mrgreen:

kennyj
11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
7 7/8? are you moose hunting?
kenny

hunter1947
11-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Good luck today hope you get this buck so all HBC members can see the hoofs ,never heard of deer hoofs that long ??? ,go get him so we can see http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

boyd050
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
If anyone can get him ... you can... good luck man!! don't get that ol buck fever, maybe let the better half shoot him!!!!!!!! we know she's dead on the money!!!!!anywasy got my fingers crossed for ya... Bowhunterbruce, what ya figure??? can he do it??????:mrgreen::mrgreen:

mark
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM
7 7/8? are you moose hunting?
kenny

I was going to say the same....if there was an 8 inch track in the mud, it was either an elk or a moose....or the deer slipped and skidded about 4 inches!
There is no such thing as a 8 inch deer hoof!
Lets hope he gets the buck and proves me wrong! :-?

bowhunterbruce
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
hey boydo buddy,im sure the big guy can geterdone,as long as he shows up again.it was up around one of his personal favorite spots and he knows the turf like you know your backyard.
i told him last night if he dont get him this year then we are gonna become buckbrush busters next spring.
i picked up a block tonight so i can practice with the broads on and at the same time he can take a few shots with his x-bow to make sure its still dialed in.with abit of luck he could very well drop this okanagn monster named HUMONGO.
bruce

creakinbones
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
You're out of luck, moose already shut down.

boyd050
11-24-2009, 08:29 PM
hey boydo buddy,im sure the big guy can geterdone,as long as he shows up again.it was up around one of his personal favorite spots and he knows the turf like you know your backyard.
i told him last night if he dont get him this year then we are gonna become buckbrush busters next spring.
i picked up a block tonight so i can practice with the broads on and at the same time he can take a few shots with his x-bow to make sure its still dialed in.with abit of luck he could very well drop this okanagn monster named HUMONGO.
brucehotload witll git er done!!!!

boyd050
11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
ok ... we're waiting...... any news big fella????