PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Lake

Gun Babe
11-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Has anyone been hunting around the Harrison Lake area in the last week?

We tried the Squamish area and WAY too much snow now, so would like to try for that BUCK, (he keeps hiding on us), but would really like to get one for the freezer before it is toooo late.....I am currently on strike and need some meat to get us through.....

So if you could provide a bit of info as to what the roads for hunting are like in Harrison area I would appreciate it......

Thanks

Tarp Man
11-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Do a search on the site about Harrison and you will find that a lot of people are up there, most not hunting, most driving around in 4x4's. There are very few bucks that are taken out of there that have been reported here. Better bet to head up the Skagit and shoot a mulie.

FLHTCUI
11-24-2009, 06:33 AM
You are likely to find some snow in the Harrison area as well.
Try the Skagit Valley , side roads especially, but you will also likely find snow at the higher elevations as well and that can be a good thing.
Harrison can be interesting in the rains...as long as the roads are not washed out while you are there...
Same thing about the Skagit Valley as well.
GB, Tight Groups and Hopefully the Strike ends soon.
Rob

Gun Babe
11-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the help....and FLHTCUI.....I sure as heck hope the strike ends SOON....been 5 weeks now....sigh....

bsa30-06
11-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Harrison is very steep and thick,you'll have to get off the beaten path and then some.Lots of people in 4x4's, and quads, and motorcycles.Stay away, far away on any long weekend mostly partiers and drunks around at that time.With the weather starting to change there probably ain't many people camping in that area so it might slow down the traffic that is usually around.Good luck.

MuleyStalker
11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Buddy pulled a 140 4-point out of Harrrison 3 years ago. I have only ever seen a spiker and put in quite a few hours hunting there.

Lucky77_
11-24-2009, 08:03 PM
nice buck my mission lake the other day