PDA

View Full Version : made a mistake today while predator hunting!!!

ROEBUCK
11-23-2009, 07:06 PM
went for a drive yesterday were id seen a couple of lynx back in the summer,sure enough there was loads of fresh tracks and i saw a lynx run into the bush with no chance of a shot and no predator call!
so i figured id return today with the foxpro and my snow camo .I arrived at 2.45pm, I found fresh lynx sign straight away, it had stopped snowing at 12.30pm so they were very fresh!
so i drove past about a kilometer, parked the truck and walked back to were the tracks were close to a nice little clearing along the trail.
I set up started the snowshoe hare distress and left it on continuos.
After 50 mins nothing.so i decided to try some place else.
walked back to the car got in and drove back were id just finished calling not 5 mins ago.
There in the middle of the trail stood a black wolf,saw my truck and ran for it,
it was 25 yards away from were i was calling,
after cursing to my self ,i continued on ,after about another kilometer
i stopped and walked back for 1 last chance, and sure enough he came back out and busted me, before i got a chance to set up again with the caller ,
I guess thats why they call it hunting and not shooting!!

In future im gona wait at least an hour on each stand, if id done that tonight id of had a 100 yard shot on a wolf ,from a bipod rest

Steeleco
11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Keep trying, he'll be back! I gotta get out and try this predator hunting, the boss want's a kitty on the wall!!

killman
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Nice try Roebuck, cool to see they will come into a distress call.

ROEBUCK
11-23-2009, 07:22 PM
yah ,i left it on continuos as i heard cats prefer that!
normally i turn it off intermitantly when coyote calling!

killman
11-23-2009, 07:28 PM
What model foxpro do you have? I would really like to get one but $$$ has been a issue. If I can sell some stuff it may happen.

KB90
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
What model foxpro do you have? I would really like to get one but $$$ has been a issue. If I can sell some stuff it may happen.

The new Spitfire just came out, I asked for it for christmas, Its the cheapest one available and comes with 24 sounds. $199 american on the website.

ROEBUCK
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I have the fx3
its good!
but that spitfire sounds better value ,24 sounds is more than enough!!
is the spitfire campatible with the jack-in a-box decoy ??

KB90
11-23-2009, 07:42 PM
I have the fx3
its good!
but that spitfire sounds better value ,24 sounds is more than enough!!
is the spitfire campatible with the jack-in a-box decoy ??

It has a jack for another speak, and I do believe it is compatible with the decoy.

It is plain white no camo, and has only one speaker compared to 2 on the fx3

ROEBUCK
11-23-2009, 07:49 PM
sounds like an awesome deal kyle!!

hunter1947
11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
The key to predator calling is to sit and wait ,have lots of patio's http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

leadpillproductions
11-24-2009, 08:42 AM
keep at it you will get them , the hardest thing is to stay put long enough