PDA

View Full Version : Its almost over

Lil Bow Pete
11-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Well the late bow season starts on the 25th in the Ok. and the Koots. Have not had much luck so far. I can't even get a job right now so I guess I am going to have to spend all of the rest of the season hunting. So sad :-D Gotta make the best of it. Why not go hunting. There isn't a good reason not to. I'm looking forward to going hard for the next two weeks. I love the late season. Anybody else gonna take advantage.I'm gonna be in the north Ok. Where are you gonna try your late season luck.

BowSitter
11-23-2009, 07:37 PM
I'll be in Princeton this weekend for the late season bow hunt, it will be the fourth year in a row going there.

Big Lew
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm hoping to get the "go ahead" this friday, (recovering from my 4th cancer operation, everything is going great) so that I will be heading up between Nicola lake and Kelowna, north of Douglas ranch. I have a brother logging in the area, so if I get something heavy, he'll come along to give me a hand. Just after my first operation 2 years ago, I shot a heavy mulie and had to quarter it to avoid straining problems because I was by myself, so I'm being more careful this time. I'm lucky that my brother is well known, so he has fellow loggers and truckers keeping tabs on me by radio everywhere I travel in that area.:-D:-D:-D

Ddog
11-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Bow season in the Koots starts DEC 1. I have a few stands set for taking pictures, i will be out in those looking for the big guys i know are out there.
should be fun. I may be heading to the Kettle for a few days to try for a buck, but it may not be in the cards.

Kudu
11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Well I have a tag to tear, I have not had any luck so far this season and not for the lack of trying I can assure you , I would love to know how many K's I have tramped - but then again it is my first season out here.

I have two tree stands now (portable) and I have found the hidey hole of a black tail - I'm hoping to place my stands either Thursday or Friday - and have a full tilt at them over the next two weeks.

I don't have a single spot North of Hope to hunt, the time I have spent in the region around the coquihalla has been frustrating as hell to say the least - locked gates and all sorts.

But the good news is I have two weeks to try my luck, perhaps I wont have tag soup after all....

jonz
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
South OK bowhunting for me.

Doug Skelly
12-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll be in fort mac working! no tags filled from me this year,wish i could spend more time in the bush.