PDA

View Full Version : Great People

blindcast
11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Last Wednesday evening, we came down late off a big cut block north of Tunkwa Lake and, instead of following the vee and turning around a bit farther down the road, I chose to make the tight turn onto the main. Even though we were going right slow, there was a skiff of snow over ice and the Jeep started sliding sideways onto the shoulder and then down the bank.
When it finally stopped, we were at what looked like a 45 degree slant and I figured the machine was going to roll at the slightest nudge. Fortunately, it all happened in slo-mo and nobody was hurt, not even bumped. So we hoofed it eight clicks to the main road where some guys from Savona on their way to work (night shift) at the mine near Logan Lake picked us up and gave us a lift right to our cabin.
Next morning, couple of hunters--Bob and Don--from one of the other cabins insisted on taking us back to the Jeep; they simply would not take no for an answer. Little later, a hunter from Logan Lake--Al--stopped and he had all the straps, cables, and gear needed to haul the Jeep back up on the road. It took them three hours, but they sat the baby back up on the road, pretty as a picture with not a scratch or bump anywhere on her.
Guys, I can't tell you how grateful I am. Getting a tow truck into that "off-road" situation would have been an exercise in frustration and exorbitantly expensive to boot. I want to thank you all for giving up your morning hunt to get me out of there. I'm grateful to:
The guys from Savona who gave us a lift to the cabin on their way to work (hope we didn't make you late)
Al from Logan Lake
Bob and Don from PoCo I think.
The couple from Logan Lake (friends of Al) and of course their Golden retriever who also stopped to lend a hand.

roblikestohunt
11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
theres some very good folks up that way, hope that get to see your post, Thanks for posting....Sounds like it couldve been a lot worse...Glad to see everyone came out well..

Bushy
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
That would be Al the cable guy:mrgreen:. he would give the shirt off his back to lend a hand. The man's got a knack for finding vehicles in need of hauling back on the roads in the bush around here and always with a smile.
Glad all went well after the misadventure, no one hurt and no damage to your jeep.
Nice to meet you blindcast.

RB

Th0r
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
It is amazing to me that so much kindness still exists out there. I hope they get paid back big time someday. You are very lucky to have run into such great folks and good that you have shouted out their outstanding efforts.

Bow Walker
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
It's called "The Brotherhood of The Bush"!!

Nothing special - just regular guys doing what's right and not thinking anything special of it. Happens every day.

Now back to our regular peevish, tight-arsed, me me me societal behaviour....