PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know Invermere

trigger
01-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I have a job offer in Invermere B.C. . I'm just wondering if anyone knows the country around there. What kind of hunting if any and what its like. I have know real clue what its like down there i will be making a trip next week to check it out. anyone able to help me out.

brotherjack
01-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I dunno about the town much, but there is absolutely goregous hunting up around there. I've only been up there once, but just driving around Horsthief Creek FSR and some of it's tributaries, I saw gobs of whitetail and mulie (actually, the biggest whitetail buck I ever seen in BC I saw up there that day; too bad my tag was already filled). Seemed to be a much higher concentration of big game than I see down in the Cranbrook area (and the Cranbrook area has some great hunting, mind you!).

ryanb
01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't know about the hunting, but I really like the town of Invermere. Very pleasant and pretty. From me and the above post, you seem to be set ;)

Kody94
01-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Real estate is very pricey and it is getting overrun with Calgarians. Other than that, there really is no down side. The hunting is great. The climate is great. The town is nice. I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Cheers,
4Ster

Islandeer
01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Those dang Calgarians!! They should pay double, just kidding. I hunt south of Cranbrook and the hunting is awsome,so if our bros say it's better in Invermere then you will be in heaven.

Thunderstix
01-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey man! I will trade jobs with you if you like....beautiful country down Invermere way! BTW, you are not a Proctologist or anything are you?:lol:

trigger
01-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Whats around there to hunt? I live in region 6 and i love the hunting here. i know all the back roads and there is so much to hunt here. Im just not sure about moving. Guess i should stop being such a puss

brotherjack
01-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Mulie, Whitetail, Elk, Bighorn's, bears, wolves, coyotes, etc. The usual BC stuff, except for moose - those are LEH only out here. :( But you could do what most of the moose guys around here do, and buzz up to region 7 for a week or so every fall.

trigger
01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
There are wolves eh. what about lynx. im starting to like the sounds of this place. Whats the weather doing there right now?

brotherjack
01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
There are wolves eh. what about lynx. im starting to like the sounds of this place. Whats the weather doing there right now?

Weather is pretty goregous at the moment. Yeah, lynx is open season anywhere in region 4 too (for the month of December).

Check out a synopsis and lookup region 4. They don't put a critter on the open-season list unless there's enough of em around to shoot a few and not miss em too bad. :)

Bluetick
01-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I worked around Invermere and Radium years ago. Lots of critters...always seen deer, elk or some animals going to and from work. Most of my work was up an area called Forster Creek and snag falling in the Bruce Burn which is close to the town site although I did spend time up Horsethief Creek as well. The biggest whitetail I ever seen was just north of Invermere near Brisco. I seen Lynx tracks once on the way up to our cutblock but I don't think they are too common. Beautiful country and well worth a move.

Mike

boxhitch
01-24-2006, 08:01 AM
The Calgarians consider most of the Koots as recreational property it seems. Speaking of that reminds me that there is a Turkey season open too.

coho456
01-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi Trigger,I grew up there, the hunting is pretty good .We go back every year to go hunting get a elk every year.Wait til you see the size of the bucks that hang around town.The only draw back is the Albertans way to many of them.The fishing is pretty good to.Pm me if you want some more info.What was your job offer.

deerhunter
01-25-2006, 12:00 AM
You will be very happy hunting there,I drive up every year ,Elk ,whitetail,muleys,the populations are very good and areas are many.Neat thing to hunt whitetail in morning and mulies in afternoon.also if you get lucky,exellent butcher shop called durbellas(awesome brats and other)

trigger
01-25-2006, 09:01 AM
All this talk about the albertins. What do they do? why is thats a draw back? just wondering

ramcam
01-25-2006, 09:08 AM
that area has a total mixed bag for hunting goat, sheep ,elk, deer you name it this area has it!

Kody94
01-25-2006, 11:59 AM
All this talk about the albertins. What do they do? why is thats a draw back? just wondering

The Fairmont, Radium and Invermere area is one of their playgrounds. Skiing, camping, hiking, biking, snowmobiling, ATV'ing....you name it.

The biggest impact they have is driving real-estate through the roof! The rest is just a nuisance to locals....busier highways, longer waits at ski-lifts, etc, etc.

As far as I am concerned it a small price to pay for living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, with practically unlimited hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreational resources.

I have lived in a number of places in BC, but the East Kootenays is BY FAR my favorite place to live. In your shoes I wouldn't let the exit door from Houston hit me on the butt on my way out! :) But that's just me....we all have our preferences. :) Actually, I am glad.....if everyone liked it here as much as me, it would be too crowded.

Cheers,
4Ster