PDA

View Full Version : Herbertz knife

blindcast
11-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I found a Herbertz locking folder on a lumber road while moose hunting in the Vanderhoof area earlier this fall. Might have been there for a while since it was well embedded in the sand. I'd like to return it to its rightful owner but you'll need to tell me whereabouts you lost it so that I know you're the proud owner.

Chuck
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
That's awfully BIG of you! Hope you find the owner and he rewards your honesty.

ufishifish2
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Hell, if I knew where I lost the damn thing, it wouldn't be lost now would it???

lightmag
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I lost it on a lumber road in Vanderhoof. :mrgreen:

303Brit
11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I lost it on a lumber road in Vanderhoof in the sand:twisted:

Seriously though awfully kind of you too look for the owner

blindcast
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Tell you what; I'll take all the ribbing you can dish out if you'll find me the guy that lost the knife. I'm sure he'd like to get it back. It's kind of unique.

303Brit
11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't doubt it, it is very honest of you to look for it's owner. I hope that if I ever lose anything that someone finds it for me.

I lost my front license plate the other day, but I dont care if I ever get that back.

ufishifish2
11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
It's always fun to tease someone who is obviously a good person. Hope the favour is returned to you some day. Good on ya.'

blindcast
11-26-2009, 12:47 PM
No problem on the teasing. Figure I have to take as good as I give. And the favour... well, it's been given many's the time in random acts of kindness that have been extended to me through the years by other anglers and hunters. Only wish I could have found the owner of the knife. Figure I'll wait until after the holidays to see if someone comes knocking. If not, I'll clean the knife up and give it to some deserving young hunter. Thanks to all for your input and your good natured ribbing.

goatdancer
11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't doubt it, it is very honest of you to look for it's owner. I hope that if I ever lose anything that someone finds it for me.

I lost my front license plate the other day, but I dont care if I ever get that back.

Just wait till you get stopped and forced to buy new plates. Then you will wish you never lost your plate. It'll be money out of your pocket that could be used for something useful.

olharley guy
11-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Just wait till you get stopped and forced to buy new plates. Then you will wish you never lost your plate. It'll be money out of your pocket that could be used for something useful.

Howdy $18.00

trapperRick
11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I lost my dads hunting knife the first year he gave it to me after he quit hunting. It was a WW2 Kabar knife he traded a yank for in the war and used all his life. When I lost it I quit hunting for two days and just drove around asking other hunters if they found it and I found a guy whose buddies had found it but they had gone home to Medicine Hat. I gave him my address here in Surrey and they sent it to me and I can tell you I was pretty happy when I got it back. My dad has since passed away and this knife I hope to pass on to my son. It's good on you to try to find this guy and give him back his knife could be a story like mine? Good things come to good people and it sounds like your one of those.