PDA

View Full Version : mcleese lake extinct???

rymac
11-23-2009, 06:54 AM
I was huntin mcleese lake with a few. Buddies this weekend for a doe draw. Bein new into hunting I was totally b affled by the lack of sign for any animal. The temp was bout -2 all weekend with fresh trace of snow. Does anyone have an info they could share with me?

Piperdown
11-23-2009, 07:53 AM
soda creek road, not to far from there but can be very busy! Good luck.

endtimerwithabow
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
there is alot of private property down soda creek road. i know this my family has lots of it and there no hunting.

rafike
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
there is alot of private property down soda creek road. i know this my family has lots of it and there no hunting.
Even though there is lots of private property, there is still some great deer hunting in Soda Creek, just hunt in between the private property on Crown land. Some call it private property and some call it private game preserves. Kind of reminds me of South Africa.

takla1
11-23-2009, 10:02 AM
my family took four deer out of mccleese this yr,,two and three point bucks in oct. two trips ,meat each time.Lots of wolves this yr but still seen game with them in our area.Like anywhere else you have to put in the time,hunt the same area ,know it!Get in the bush and find ambush points .the deer there travel every morning and evening thru the same areas.Ive shot most of our game in a Very small area.get out early and stay till last light as most hunters there road hunt and drive right thru areas holding lots of game without knowing it!that being said it has gone done hill from the hay days.Id say theres less deer then say 3 -5 yrs ago.

dime
11-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Wolves are crazy there recently. My buddy had a moose draw and we saw 20 sets of wolf tracks in the snow for every set of deer tracks. We were up for a week, totally skunked. We did not fill the moose LEH, only saw a couple of does. 5-7 years ago we had a draw and saw way more does and a few bucks, but it really seems to have gone downhill. We thought with the changes to the regs it would improve the chances of seeing bucks, but the fricking wolves have taken over! Next year I am heading to the kamloops region.

pghntr
11-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Try Duckworth (?) Forest Service Road...lot's of sign & deer this past weekend...