PDA

View Full Version : Hunting question for grandad.

KMH
01-22-2006, 11:29 PM
My grandad recently had an accident and has problem walking or moving around. He has hunted all his life and now just the thought of not being able to hunt is making him very sad. Does anybody know whether there are some exceptions in the bylaw where a handicap hunter can shoot from the truck?
I want to take my grand dad hunting again this year. Thanks in advance.

Steeleco
01-23-2006, 12:48 AM
I did a search in the regs for the words "disabled" and Handicaped" and nothing came up, I suspect you'll need to call you local fish and wildlife office and ask a C/O.

Try this link: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/contacts.html

CanuckShooter
01-23-2006, 06:31 AM
We ran into a guy up north one time....riding his atv during the closed hours...he had a paper exempting him because he was handicapped????? Don't know where he got it but he had one. I kind of doubt that you could get one to actually shoot from a vehicle.

rrfred
01-23-2006, 09:42 AM
I used to know a chap with both legs amputated who had the necessary permits, but no idea how he got them. heard they were a hassle to get and had to be renewed each year....

oldtimer
01-23-2006, 11:28 AM
We have a guy in our archery club who is allowed to hunt from his wheelchair from the Barkerville hiway. Missed a bear this year but got a deer.

KMH
01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Steeleco and others: Thanks a lot for all your help... I contacted on the phone number provided on the link and yes there is a permit which is free and allows a disabled hunter to shoot from his vehicle. All you need is to fill out the form and attach a doctor's letter confirming the disability. This is renewed every year. Phone number to get this permit is 1-866-433-7272
Thanks again.....

Steeleco
01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Your welcome, good to hear they are accomadating for those who need.

.270boy
01-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Yea I have heard of this too as a freind of mines brother was looking into getting it. Hes a parapaligic.

B
01-30-2006, 02:26 AM
YES Those are the correct numbers, I am a disabled hunter myself and appreciate all the advice other hunters have given me on this site as well as the permts given to disabled hunters by the government. It all helps.