PDA

View Full Version : Disadvantage of owning a Chessie?

Marc
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Well it finally happened, I finally found a disadvantage of owning a chessie. They don't fit very well in a field blind that was designed for the American miniature Labradors:mrgreen:.

I had to cut the material to the top of the tent as the dog couldn't get his shoulders through it. It used to only be open up to the top of the Mesh. It's pretty funny watching trying to turn around in it as well but he gets it done.

Look at the height difference between the chessie and the lab. Penny my 11 year old female was there as well as I was trying to coax Marshall in with treats and she didn't want to miss the opportunity of a free meal.:mrgreen:

Hoping to get him accustomed to it before the goose season opens up again in Dec. We'll be laying out in the back yard and tossing dummies in the evenings until he gets the hang of it.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/marshall_in_field_blind.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/marshall_in_field_blind_side_on.jpg

moosinaround
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Sweet, he is a brute!! You waterfowlers are a bunch of gear junkies!!!:wink: Good luck in December!! Love the pics! Moosin

KB90
11-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Haha thats pretty cool marc, He does look like a big boy, i wish I could watch him try and turn around in it. I bet its funny.

Ruger4
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Beautiful dog Marc. I've owned 2 and wouldnt hesitate to own another.

r.i.p.
"Chessie May pap4c Of Duchess"

heyblast
11-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Buy another one and sew them together. He might fit then. I had a huge Chocolate Lab so I know what its like to have a big dog.

waistdeep
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
is he chewin off your base boards like my boy did? gotta love teething :)

Ozone
11-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Marc, I feel your pain, I could take Marshall off your hands for you so you dont have this problem anymore, lol.

Marc
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
is he chewin off your base boards like my boy did? gotta love teething :)

He chewed more then just the base board I'm afraid. He chewed the door frame as well. I'll wait until I'm sure he's done chewing and replace the door frame and moulding at the same time. :mrgreen:

waistdeep
11-23-2009, 09:05 PM
By the time he quits chewin, your going to love him till death do you part :)

Danny
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Where did you get the field blind from,my "mini Lab" (60lb) would fit in that no prob. I've been looking for one.
Thanks
Dan

Marc
11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Where did you get the field blind from,my "mini Lab" (60lb) would fit in that no prob. I've been looking for one.
Thanks
Dan

Cabelas, It's an Avery finisher blind.

Danny
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks Marc
Dan