PDA

View Full Version : Pg Deer!!

lightmag
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
These damn PG Muley's!! where are they? Out trudging thru the snow and the lack of sign is frustrating!! blackwater has decent sign but all we have managed to bump into is a medium 3x3 that my brother decided to take on the last day of open season.

Not even sure where to go anymore, need a bow and then i can hunt where all the deer are, CITY LIMITS!!!!

Walking blocks, skidder trails, ridges, staright thru the timber and everywhere else yet nothing to write home about!!

1 week left, I'll keep at it and see what happens, question is where to go as to not waste may time! Anyone have a bow i can borrow? lol....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

PGK
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Not much happening out there right now, area with the most sign for me has been salmon valley :|

Benthos
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
i wacked a decent mulie on Friday around PG.

I have a colleague who did the same in a different area around PG Friday morning, right off on the road

They were definitely moving around in the open last week. My buck had a nice stink to him:-?, got him out in an open block.

lightmag
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
i wacked a decent mulie on Friday around PG.

I have a colleague who did the same in a different area around PG Friday morning, right off on the road

They were definitely moving around in the open last week. My buck had a nice stink to him:-?, got him out in an open block.

oh, that's what i'm doing wrong, I'm not road hunting, lol..

moosinaround
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Douglas fir ridges along the Nechako, and Fraser rivers! North Nechako Reid Lake, Salmon Valley. Could try along the Tako in the "pie" or down towards the americans cabin. It is always good there! Took a while to find them this year, but I did, just needed to hunt them harder. I am sure a decent "stinky" ole buck would have been found! Good luck, Moosin

Benthos
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
oh, that's what i'm doing wrong, I'm not road hunting, lol..

nice

mine wasn't from road hunting:)

killman
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
They are all in town. Check out along North Nechako, any of the mill yards, airport , University and Cranbrook hill.

257WBYMAG
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Just spent the entire day out south of town. Whites landing saw four Moose and one Wolf and lots of Wolf tracks. Not a single Deer, some Deer tracks but not one Deer was seen by me or my wife......What the hell!!!!! I find it very strange not to see at least one Deer.

killman
11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Just spent the entire day out south of town. Whites landing saw four Moose and one Wolf and lots of Wolf tracks. Not a single Deer, some Deer tracks but not one Deer was seen by me or my wife......What the hell!!!!! I find it very strange not to see at least one Deer.

Wolves ate them all! Same story everywhere! Wolves, Wolves, Wolves!

moosinaround
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Wolves ate them all! Same story everywhere! Wolves, Wolves, Wolves!
Well......................Wolves Dawgs and Moosin's??!!!:wink:

KB90
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Just spent the entire day out south of town. Whites landing saw one Wolf and lots of Wolf tracks.

You didn't shoot it????

On a side note out 7-8 whites landing in october my little cousins shot 4 deer, the only four deer we seen all weekend.

PGK
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I haven't been, but I've been told white's landing area has been a notoriously hard hunt this year. I have heard of a lot of people shooting deer in the southern parts of 7-24 though and all up the salmon river :| Not typical deer country

Ambush
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM
These damn PG Muley's!! Anyone have a bow i can borrow? lol....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

I've got a bow. It's one thing to see bucks standing around under the ball park lights at night. Quite another to go find a big buck and get close enough to shoot him.
Without shooting out you car window anyway.:tongue:

PGK
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I've got a bow. It's one thing to see bucks standing around under the ball park lights at night. Quite another to go find a big buck and get close enough to shoot him.
Without shooting out you car window anyway.:tongue:

You can say that again. I've been bowhunting the city for ten years, I've never gotten within spitting distance of anything. The 'nechako monsters' are mostly nocturnal...

Ambush
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
The 'nechako monsters' are mostly nocturnal...
Yeah they look pretty fat and tame laying around in velvet. But bump the big ones once and they become night-time travellers, just like real wild deer.:-?
They know the drill.

BCrams
11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
hey lightmag

We've talked about some of the local areas and you're onto a good thing, just be persistent.

muleychaser
11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
The one area you have hunted in the past (no name mentioned) is a wintering grounds, but it also has a pack of wolves that moved in awhile back also. (We need to start hunting them) The winter set in early this year, there are some resident deer but other than that go find some river breaks around town.

I am looking at going out this weekend if possible and was wondering if you want to try and hook up. I got a spot that a guy just took a 5 x 7 out of chasing does. Let me know cause we are in crunch time now.

lightmag
11-24-2009, 09:00 PM
The one area you have hunted in the past (no name mentioned) is a wintering grounds, but it also has a pack of wolves that moved in awhile back also. (We need to start hunting them) The winter set in early this year, there are some resident deer but other than that go find some river breaks around town.

I am looking at going out this weekend if possible and was wondering if you want to try and hook up. I got a spot that a guy just took a 5 x 7 out of chasing does. Let me know cause we are in crunch time now.

check your PM's, I'm in!! call me.