PDA

View Full Version : 5x5 whitetail

whitetail2009
11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
I went up hunting with a friend on sat, did not see anything in the am, but hunters all over. drove up a road which no one has travel, there was fresh snow on the ground. we both spotted a doe at the same time,we watched her carefully, to she if had any friends around, I grunted a couple times, nothing was around but herself, after about 15 min we decided to drive up to the end of the road. I jokingly said, watch we will come back and there will a buck with her, we both laughed..:) We went to the end of the road and turned around, we were not gone longer than 15 min, when we pulled up to where the doe was, well sure as shit there was a nice buck standing with her in the middle of the slash.did not need binoculars to see it.well we both jumped out of the truck, loaded our guns, and I said to my friend take him, well he was all ready to shoot, he pulled the trigger and I heard a click, I chuckled and said whats up with that? well he opened the bolt and loaded his gun for real this time,he steadied his gun pulled the trigger and "bang" all i saw was a burst of snow 5 feet in front of the Deer:evil:He missed !!I chuckled and said again, what's up with that? well this nice whitetail was'nt gonna stick around and jump into the back of the truck by himself, that's when I took a poke at him, and watched him fall over and expire. needless to say we were both very excited, when we got a closer and saw how big he actually was. this is my biggest white yet.He's gonna be a wall hanger, took him to Harley White :-D:-D:-D

Buckmeister
11-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Great going there....gotta love it when they don't run away on you at this "time" of year!

KB90
11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Nice Buck, a friend of yours posted it earlier with no story.

Nice to hear how it happened.

Congrats!

Big7
11-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Nice WT...pretty tall.

gary murray
11-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Nice Buck, a friend of yours posted it earlier with no story.

Nice to hear how it happened.

Congrats!
I knew the story behind it but i'd figure it was Dales story to tell and better for you guys to hear it first hand from the person that was actually there when he got around to joining our group. :-D

Brambles
11-20-2009, 06:39 AM
nice buck, congrats. Sounds like the rut is revving up, I"ve heard of a fair number of them acting stupid and standing out in the open.

hunter1947
11-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Great looking buck you got there you can't ask for much better then the one you got ,congrats.

Blainer
11-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Yhat is a good looking whitie!

kishman
11-20-2009, 04:44 PM
What a beauty, congrats...:-D

nano
11-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Very nice deer , congrats!!