PDA

View Full Version : Best late season Deer hunting in BC?

bluebuck
11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
I have the rest of November off and want to hit the bush for some deer hunting. I was thinking of heading to the Chilcotin/Region 5 or to Vancouver Island, but can really head anywhere in BC. Any thoughts are appreciated. I'm onto my second year of hunting, so I have my basics down but still appreciate areas with lots of deer. I have more time than I have hunting partners this season, so drop me a PM if you want to get out hunting!

SteadyGirl
11-19-2009, 05:28 PM
What town is home for you? My dad just hammered a 3x4 blacktail in region 2. My advice would be to drive as little as possible to get to where you can get a hunt it.. and get hunting. All deer hunting is better late season. Thats why its really something special when you can drop a monster early in the season like I try to do, but never have.

Steeleco
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
SteadyGirl has a point, stay local and go often. There's not just a few nice Blacktails on that big rock you call home!!

bluebuck
11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks, SteadyGirl, I wish staying local were a good option, but this year i'm based out of vancouver, probably the worst zone in the whole province to be hunting. I have good friends in zone 5 so i was thinking of heading there or to the island. I have a few spots I know around the island, but since I have the time, thought I'd see what other people recommended if i were after classic bc deer hunting.