PDA

View Full Version : gold bridge snow depth??

squamishmiles
11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone know of the snow depth around goldbridge? going up for a moose draw and want to know if it's good to bring a sled for shuttling people to diff areas. If anyone knows the elevation of the snow line that would be great also. :-D:-D:-D

frenchbar
11-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Anyone know of the snow depth around goldbridge? going up for a moose draw and want to know if it's good to bring a sled for shuttling people to diff areas. If anyone knows the elevation of the snow line that would be great also. :-D:-D:-D i will find out tonight and post in the am .

squamishmiles
11-18-2009, 07:50 PM
thanks, it's my buddys sled so he wants to know if its worth it to get it going, get it out of summer storage.If its not worth it he'll just leave it be

M@B
11-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Didn't Goldbridge have one hell of a fire this year?

Steeleco
11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
There was a thread just the other day stating the the Hurly was closed for the season, I can't imagine either Goldbridge or Bralorne having much less snow?

squamishmiles
11-18-2009, 08:29 PM
they are only about 200 m higher then pemberton and they have to get at least a 1000m higher to get to sledable terrane, so......

paulo
11-18-2009, 11:38 PM
NO snow in Goldbridge or Bralorne. I do not know where the snow line lies. Having said this at this time of year snow comes and goes at a fast rate. You can receive up to 5" in the overnight/morning and by afternoon and next day it is gone. Try calling the Goldbridge hotel or highways around 6:30 am.
Goldbridge hotel 250 238 2343
Hidhways 250 238 2440
I am headed up on Friday for a week and I am expecting wet more than anything else. Good luck.

frenchbar
11-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Bring the sled ..its snowing like a ******* up there ..2 ft in Bralorne..the side rds will be tough enough to handle with a 4x4..was still snowing hard this morning when i talked to the rd crew .

squamishmiles
11-19-2009, 07:01 AM
we're bringing the sled, now we just have to find a bull

ChrisL
11-19-2009, 10:11 AM
If you ever want a feeling for the weather up there, one of my neighbors on Gun Lake has a web cam with some weather info.

www.gunlakebc.ca (http://www.gunlakebc.ca)

From the Winter Report page looks like there is some snow @ Gun Lake which is a bit higher than Goldbridge. Pretty warm @ -1 degrees C right now.

Chris.

mikeman20
11-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Was in that area last weekend, snow line was pretty high first few days then on sunday it was all the way down the mountain, with about 2 inches on the ground. Couldnt tell you if its still like that though.

paulo
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Just got of the phone with cousin in Bralorne and spoke with buddy from highways in Goldbridge. 7" on Mon. night, 8" on Tues. night and expecting 4-5" tonight. Temp is hovereing around zero so alot of that snow has settled some and is wet. It is supposed to rain some over the weekend and warm up abit as well so what is on the ground will get lower and heavier. But, it is here to stay. Its going to be a tough week as I don't own any machinery other than my truck and legs. Gators and snowshoes I guess. Good luck out there maybe we'll run into you.