PDA

View Full Version : Going to chase some Whitetails :)

fozzy
11-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Heading to the Kettle valley tomorrow morning for the yearly pilgrimage. Last year I went to Saskatchewan afterwards and had planned on doing the same this year. I almost wasn't going to go to Sask but heard that next year they might start a draw system for CDn residents which could be a few years before I get drawn. Should be good times. I wish we could hunt the Mulie bucks out there too. There's some good genes in both species out there..

hunter1947
11-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Good luck Wayne ,hope you nail a few ,http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif.

doubled
11-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Good luck to you.

kennyj
11-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Have a great trip you guys.Bring home some big ones.
kenny

MikeH
11-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Sask has some good deer, prairies have the best deer in North America.Miss hunting the flats.Good luck!

d6dan
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
fozzy, good luck chasing whiteys in kettle valley.

gary murray
11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Good luck Fozzy and looking forward to some pics.

fozzy
11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
well back home from the Kettle. One partner got a decent buck and another took a fork on the last day. He had an oportunity at a nice one but there was a bit too much brush in the scope for an ethical shot so he passed. We passed up some smaller bucks throughout the week. I saw one that I would have shot. I was sitting up against a tree watching an area and got chilled so got up to walk a little ways and looked back over my shoulder to see a buck trotting along the ridge. He slipped out of sight so I grunted at him and went to see if I could get another look at him. Well all I did was push him out to the road just as a couple guys drove by and WW3 broke out and they shot it three times. :) I walked down and said hello and the one guy says " I think we shot your deer" and I replied that worse things have happened..
There were some good quality bucks taken this year out there which was nice to see. Congrats to all who did well. I heard many shots, sometimes too many :)
We left for 8-14 last Wednesday and I was to go to Sask afterwards. On Friday night our dog passed away unexpectedly so I came home to spend time with my good wife. R.I.P Barnes
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Barnes.jpg

11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
sorry fozzy.
is that him in the picture?

stitch
11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry for your loss Fozzy...there have been a few threads on here this week about pets getting up in years and passing. They just don't stay with us long enough.

Chuck
11-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry for your loss Fozzy...there have been a few threads on here this week about pets getting up in years and passing. They just don't stay with us long enough.

X2.....................

ramron
11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I can relate, you always grow so attached to them. Sorry to hear.

fozzy
11-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks folks for the kind words.

sorry fozzy.
is that him in the picture?
Yes, that is a picture we took of him earlier this month while Mulie hunting.

Yes it sucks losing a good friend. I think even a bit tougher when they are young. He hadn't turned two yet and was past all the puppy behavour and becoming a real good companion. He displayed very little symptoms of being sick. My wife had him at the vet for a day while I was away and they said he acted normal and seemed fine then passed away either that night or the following before the blood work came back. We're still waiting for some of the results to come back but they suspect Addison's disease.

kennyj
11-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear your bad news Wayne.
kenny

Sasquatch
11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pal. That's a really nice pic of him.

ELKOHOLICBC
11-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Fozzy. It sure sucks losing your pet. They become a family member and a great buddy. Don't want to be rude but were you staying at the rendell cabins this year?

fozzy
11-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Fozzy. It sure sucks losing your pet. They become a family member and a great buddy. Don't want to be rude but were you staying at the rendell cabins this year?
We stayed at the double EE again this year, I haven't spent much time further up the valley. Never enough time to explore all these areas. :)

hunter1947
11-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear about one of your family members passing away ,it is hard on the whole family when this happens ,hope you all will recover soon ,Wayne my condolences go to all the family.

john-brennan
11-27-2009, 07:25 AM
I know how you feel my pointer and best friend passed on monday morning, it is one of the hardest things to deal with.
I don't mean to hijack this thread I just know how you feel right now.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/johnnypointer/2005-04-08008.jpg

Dragginbait
11-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog Wayne, it can be real tough sometimes. It's nice to have good pictures though to remember them by.

gary murray
11-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry about your dog Wayne. Barb came home and told me. I don't know how i would handle it if anything happened to ours. She goes everywhere with me. Hunting, fishing etc. Her name is Bambi.

fozzy
11-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Yes I've slowly been reading through the threads I missed while away and see that too many pals have passed away.

I know how you feel my pointer and best friend passed on monday morning, it is one of the hardest things to deal with.
I don't mean to hijack this thread I just know how you feel right now.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/johnnypointer/2005-04-08008.jpg

That's a great picture John :) Looks like a sweetheart of a dog. My condolences to you and your family.

john-brennan
11-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I send mine to you and your family Wayne , great pic of your dog, sharp looking.

Regards John.

sawmill
11-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Jeez guys,that just sucks,I am sorry for your loss.I know how it feels.I wish I could lend you my good dog Wiley to play with for a few days.:(

Mik
11-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Sounds like you had a great hunt and even helped some hunters out. Congrats, and sorry to hear about your dog.